Re: new fukuoka forum and ungrateful control freakery at permies.com

  • iyo_farm
    Message 1 of 30 , Oct 1, 2012
      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, paul wheaton <paul@...> wrote:

      > Sumant,
      >
      > I understand your desire. This is why I prefer forums: if somebody
      > says icky, off-topic things, it can be removed. Or if people ask
      > questions about the way things are managed, that can be moved to
      > another forum, which you can skip over.

      I presume "ick" involved your authority being questioned?

      You mean, "they can be removed ... their democratic communication with others can be restricted and control" ... total control of the medium.

      You don't even discuss and explain Paul, you cannot even apologize when one of your unpaid workers screws up or makes a bad mistake.

      Actually, this is a observation of Westerners we have in Japan a lot. You cannot tolerate other people's opinions.

      Actually I have to wonder if what upset you was really someone using a nickname, or whether it was I pointed out a technical mistake you made in the manner in which you represented Natural Farming.

      Your ego seems to be strongly involved in what you do which is what the micromanagement of other people's work shows. That's not a Natural Farming approach.
    • Linda Shewan
      Message 2 of 30 , Oct 1, 2012
        Iyo - we get your point - it's time to stop now.

        > I understand your desire. This is why I prefer forums: if somebody
        > says icky, off-topic things, it can be removed. Or if people ask
        > questions about the way things are managed, that can be moved to
        > another forum, which you can skip over.

        I presume "ick" involved your authority being questioned?

        You mean, "they can be removed ... their democratic communication with
        others can be restricted and control" ... total control of the medium.

        You don't even discuss and explain Paul, you cannot even apologize when one
        of your unpaid workers screws up or makes a bad mistake.

        Actually, this is a observation of Westerners we have in Japan a lot. You
        cannot tolerate other people's opinions.

        Actually I have to wonder if what upset you was really someone using a
        nickname, or whether it was I pointed out a technical mistake you made in
        the manner in which you represented Natural Farming.

        Your ego seems to be strongly involved in what you do which is what the
        micromanagement of other people's work shows. That's not a Natural Farming
        approach.

      • Jason Stewart
        Message 3 of 30 , Oct 9, 2012
          You've asked the wrong Q! (in other words, non-metaphorical, Globish language (without any idioms), not real English, words, as also used by native English speakers who have 'dis-stressed' themselves out of or let a sick society they're within 'dis-stress' them out of, the ability to comprehend non-literal language, metaphors, similes, and any other kinds of idioms).