Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: new fukuoka forum and ungrateful control freakery at permies.com

  • paul wheaton
    Message 1 of 30 , Oct 1, 2012
      And yet, I feel so good about permies.com. And I feel like the posts there
      are respectful and informative. 99% because good precedent has been set,
      and 1% because of a bit of pruning of that which .... did not meet our
      publication standards.

      Please, iyo, keep telling us your theories. You are currently my best
      advertisement for forums with heavy moderation. My forums.

      On forums, all this sort of stuff gets deleted and people don't see it. On
      mailing lists, precision moderation is almost impossible.

      --

      Sign up for my daily-ish email, or my devious plots for world domination:
      http://www.richsoil.com/email.jsp

    • iyo_farm
      Message 2 of 30 , Oct 1, 2012
        --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, paul wheaton <paul@...> wrote:

        > Sumant,
        >
        > I understand your desire. This is why I prefer forums: if somebody
        > says icky, off-topic things, it can be removed. Or if people ask
        > questions about the way things are managed, that can be moved to
        > another forum, which you can skip over.

        I presume "ick" involved your authority being questioned?

        You mean, "they can be removed ... their democratic communication with others can be restricted and control" ... total control of the medium.

        You don't even discuss and explain Paul, you cannot even apologize when one of your unpaid workers screws up or makes a bad mistake.

        Actually, this is a observation of Westerners we have in Japan a lot. You cannot tolerate other people's opinions.

        Actually I have to wonder if what upset you was really someone using a nickname, or whether it was I pointed out a technical mistake you made in the manner in which you represented Natural Farming.

        Your ego seems to be strongly involved in what you do which is what the micromanagement of other people's work shows. That's not a Natural Farming approach.
      • Linda Shewan
        Message 3 of 30 , Oct 1, 2012
          Iyo - we get your point - it's time to stop now.

          > I understand your desire. This is why I prefer forums: if somebody
          > says icky, off-topic things, it can be removed. Or if people ask
          > questions about the way things are managed, that can be moved to
          > another forum, which you can skip over.

          I presume "ick" involved your authority being questioned?

          You mean, "they can be removed ... their democratic communication with
          others can be restricted and control" ... total control of the medium.

          You don't even discuss and explain Paul, you cannot even apologize when one
          of your unpaid workers screws up or makes a bad mistake.

          Actually, this is a observation of Westerners we have in Japan a lot. You
          cannot tolerate other people's opinions.

          Actually I have to wonder if what upset you was really someone using a
          nickname, or whether it was I pointed out a technical mistake you made in
          the manner in which you represented Natural Farming.

          Your ego seems to be strongly involved in what you do which is what the
          micromanagement of other people's work shows. That's not a Natural Farming
          approach.

        • Jason Stewart
          Message 4 of 30 , Oct 9, 2012
            You've asked the wrong Q! (in other words, non-metaphorical, Globish language (without any idioms), not real English, words, as also used by native English speakers who have 'dis-stressed' themselves out of or let a sick society they're within 'dis-stress' them out of, the ability to comprehend non-literal language, metaphors, similes, and any other kinds of idioms).