Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: new fukuoka forum and ungrateful control freakery at permies.com

  • Jason Stewart
    Message 1 of 30 , Oct 1, 2012
      Could be you in your shadow form, though, a walking dead than needs a proper burial.
      Just sayin'.

      On 02/10/2012, at 12:38 AM, Jason Wicker wrote:

      > I vote to ban IYO on this forum..all in favor please chim in.
      > Jason from NJ
    • Jason Wicker
      Message 2 of 30 , Oct 1, 2012
        No, I am me and he is him..do you want to vote him out or not?

        --
        Thanks and all the best,
        Jason

      • iyo_farm
        Message 3 of 30 , Oct 1, 2012
          You're bullshitting Paul and creating a straw man to justify what really went on. Do you know how petty it gets on Permies.com for users and how much they interfere with people's posts?

          Perhaps you're not in full control of your faceless moderators, or do not know what they get up to. Or even how many attack new users. Or even what they think of your policies based on the apologies and warning one gave one. However, as a business owner, you should be mature enough to accept feedback and criticism and discuss fair issues like the need for a woman's privacy online.

          We were invited to ask Larry Korn questions and after becoming tired of having my posts moved, embarrassingly edited, or hidden in other forum mid-discussion ... and answered by other people who did therefore could not see I was asking Larry ... I simply prefix one [For Larry Korn] and then asked the question.

          They even had to edit that off!!! I mean ... why? It is another sekret rule?

          It's logical. It's not "nasty", nor offensive. How many moderators do you have?

          If you're going to invite VIP authors on a regular basis, you're going to work out a system which is clear, simple and works.

          Tell the people exactly what big sin I did ... I chose a nickname on an internet forum.

          Let people judge what I wrote ... try 'Dun Farmin' or 'Pat Mahone'. Polite, respectful, useful and interesting. Ask Larry what he thinks because if you don't I will.

          --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, paul wheaton <paul@...> wrote:

          > It seems that despite folks explaining it to you, you still have no idea
          > why you are banned: you are mean and rude.
          >
          > This is not freedom of speech. This is freedom of the press. Freedom of
          > the press belongs to those that own one. You should buy one: web sites are
          > pretty cheap.
          >
          > I choose to not publish your hate speech.
          >
          > I announced here that permies is strongly moderated and not for everybody.
          > You came, tested the boundaries, your nasty was deleted, you posted more
          > nasty, it was deleted and you were banned. Simple. My site, my choice.
          > You get your own site and you can manage it as you see fit. Be the change
          > you wish to see in the world.
        • paul wheaton
          Message 4 of 30 , Oct 1, 2012
            And yet, I feel so good about permies.com. And I feel like the posts there
            are respectful and informative. 99% because good precedent has been set,
            and 1% because of a bit of pruning of that which .... did not meet our
            publication standards.

            Please, iyo, keep telling us your theories. You are currently my best
            advertisement for forums with heavy moderation. My forums.

            On forums, all this sort of stuff gets deleted and people don't see it. On
            mailing lists, precision moderation is almost impossible.

            --

            Sign up for my daily-ish email, or my devious plots for world domination:
            http://www.richsoil.com/email.jsp

          • iyo_farm
            Message 5 of 30 , Oct 1, 2012
              --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, paul wheaton <paul@...> wrote:

              > Sumant,
              >
              > I understand your desire. This is why I prefer forums: if somebody
              > says icky, off-topic things, it can be removed. Or if people ask
              > questions about the way things are managed, that can be moved to
              > another forum, which you can skip over.

              I presume "ick" involved your authority being questioned?

              You mean, "they can be removed ... their democratic communication with others can be restricted and control" ... total control of the medium.

              You don't even discuss and explain Paul, you cannot even apologize when one of your unpaid workers screws up or makes a bad mistake.

              Actually, this is a observation of Westerners we have in Japan a lot. You cannot tolerate other people's opinions.

              Actually I have to wonder if what upset you was really someone using a nickname, or whether it was I pointed out a technical mistake you made in the manner in which you represented Natural Farming.

              Your ego seems to be strongly involved in what you do which is what the micromanagement of other people's work shows. That's not a Natural Farming approach.
            • Linda Shewan
              Message 6 of 30 , Oct 1, 2012
                Iyo - we get your point - it's time to stop now.

                Message 7 of 30 , Oct 9, 2012
                  You've asked the wrong Q! (in other words, non-metaphorical, Globish language (without any idioms), not real English, words, as also used by native English speakers who have 'dis-stressed' themselves out of or let a sick society they're within 'dis-stress' them out of, the ability to comprehend non-literal language, metaphors, similes, and any other kinds of idioms).