Re: [fukuoka_farming] Another star appears

  • Robin, Maya, or Napi
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 24, 2002
      Dear Jamie,

      This is a visit that many of us have waited for. Gazing at your
      beautiful home & vista from the ridge is les vacances from our city
      skyline. (Maybe that is how to say vacation?)

      There has been a guessing game of the meanings of the beckoning
      name Souscayrous. We have played with Sous=below, & was cayrous one
      word or two? Was there an historical reference of which we were
      ignorant? A phrase in the local culture? Is it a home & garden, a
      farming family estate, a village, a slang allusion, an historic
      reference that I need translated? A botanical term! You have
      included the many wonders that it carries. Are Cayrous the Cypress
      trees?

      The photos of your home are dream-like. So many raised beds look
      comfy-cozy deep, in the field of a challenging scale. Ample work has
      been & to be. & a stone house that, for now, is left to our
      imagination.

      We have much enjoyed your story, & wish your family all the best.
      You & Ms. Anne have a fine Felix. Someday we will get photos up on
      our school's listing. Then you may meet our Felix's. We have one boy
      Felix (age 2 years), & one girl Felix (age 1 year). A year & a half
      ago, the midwife & two big sisters had been sure that the unborn was a
      boy, so "he" was named Felix, & called Felix through the rest of the
      pregnancy. At the birth, the surprising reality was announced,
      "Felix...is a girl!" & so she is, Felix is a girl. I thought you
      might enjoy that one, Mr. Jamie, to tell your family. We do have some
      of our own James, some of our own Anne in our family. No Tezel is
      here, or has ever been, but we would love to have one such as yours.

      Thank you for your kindness to the planet, & for sharing your
      discoveries, your work & joy.

      Dear Larry,

      The articles are deep with knowledge, the projects are rich with
      life. You have created another most useful gift, to whomsoever seeks
      the company of those who care for the good dirt, & seeks the
      information to be one.