Do we still need proof that Natural Farming has good yield?

  • Sheo Narayan
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 30, 2012
      Hello everybody,

      For last 4 months I am trying to do Natural Farming and the kind of growth I have seen for my vegetable plants with complete natural farming are much more than I have expected here is the link of my post http://www.rameshwari.com/2012/09/do-we-still-need-proof-that-natural.html.

      It goes without saying that I have not put any chemical fertilizer, pesticides, not tilled the land, no cultivation, ploughing etc. No modern techniques have been used.

      Simply, trench and mulch. Anyone interested to know more, I will be very happy to share all the info and help required.

      Of course, the credit goes to this group members and everyone who has shared information on natural farming out there.

      Keep it up guys, go natural !!!!
    • Anant Joglekar
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 30, 2012
        Great achievement indeed! This kind of success boosts moral of all who do and watch.

        anant joglekar
        9423089706

        >________________________________

      • Nandan Palaparambil
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 30, 2012
          The specific link you had mentioned was not working for me. I could see lot of interesting video link which you had shared.

          Yes, it will be good to brief about your method of cultivation for different crops and your observations.

          Regards,
          Nandan

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 1, 2012
            Hi,
            It wasn'ty working either but I clicked on HOME and there it was!
            best
            RUTHIE

            2012/10/1 Nandan Palaparambil <p_k_nandanan@...>

            > **
            >

            > The specific link you had mentioned was not working for me. I could see
            > lot of interesting video link which you had shared.
            >
            > Yes, it will be good to brief about your method of cultivation for
            > different crops and your observations.
            >
            > Regards,
            > Nandan
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Ruthie Aquino
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 1, 2012
              Sorry I forgot to acknowledge Sheo, good job, and for me there's a very
              nice links page.
              Your French beans look nicer than the French beans here, must be your
              climate.
              If you can get hold of them try Spanish beans, they are sweet, flavorful,
              and have highly decorative flowers. They grow like French beans. They ae
              flatter and wider and longer. They are cooked by steaming or boiling.
              How does the ridged gourd taste? Is it bitter?

              best
              RUTHIE

              2012/10/1 Ruthie Aquino <ruthieaquino1@...>

              > Hi,
              > It wasn'ty working either but I clicked on HOME and there it was!
              > best
              > RUTHIE
              >

              > 2012/10/1 Nandan Palaparambil <p_k_nandanan@...>
              >
              >> **
              >>

              >> The specific link you had mentioned was not working for me. I could see
              >> lot of interesting video link which you had shared.
              >>
              >> Yes, it will be good to brief about your method of cultivation for
              >> different crops and your observations.
              >>
              >> Regards,
              >> Nandan
              >>

              >> ________________________________

            • Sumant Joshi
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 1, 2012
                Nice work Narayan. The pictures are good. I too have a turtle on my farm

                btw what does Sheo mean??

                Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone

                Warm regards,

                Sumant Joshi
                Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161

                >________________________________

              • Anant Joglekar
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 1, 2012
                  if am right it must be shivji or god SHIVA

                  anant joglekar
                  9423089706

                • Sumant Joshi
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 1, 2012
                    Shiva?? ok

                    btw Anant, what was the response to your farming offer

                  • Anant Joglekar
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 1, 2012
                      not from any nf or organic farmer but responses received from goat / ship trader, eucalyptus and herbal oil extractor, and dr dixit from medicinal plants research institute Lucknow for setting up Herbal Garden on 20 acres open space available, I think I have already forwarded it to you and Dr Mandar Akkalkotkar as-well.

                      actually it would be an ideal place to start nf training and research/experiment center both under irrigated and rain-fed conditions with volunteers working and experimenting themselves ( we can call it a EKLAWYA project if it is a self experimenting and learning kind of thing dedicated to FUKUOKAs PRINCIPLES.)

                      let us wait and see what happens.

                      anant joglekar
                      9423089706

                    • Sumant Joshi
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 1, 2012
                        You will have to start a new community itself

                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 1, 2012
                          Thanks Ruthie,

                          I think there were extra "." in the link so it was not working. Here is the correct link http://www.rameshwari.com/2012/09/do-we-still-need-proof-that-natural.html Sorry for this.

                          Thanks for the appreciation of French beans. I will try the Spanish beans if I get seed here. The ridge gourd is good and taste nice.

                          The taste of Coriander and Lady finger were something that I had tasted years back when I was kid :)

                          Thanks and do let me know any suggestions.

                          Regards
                          Sheo Narayan

                          --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Ruthie Aquino <ruthieaquino1@...> wrote:

                          > Sorry I forgot to acknowledge Sheo, good job, and for me there's a very
                          > nice links page.
                          > Your French beans look nicer than the French beans here, must be your
                          > climate.
                          > If you can get hold of them try Spanish beans, they are sweet, flavorful,
                          > and have highly decorative flowers. They grow like French beans. They ae
                          > flatter and wider and longer. They are cooked by steaming or boiling.
                          > How does the ridged gourd taste? Is it bitter?
                          >
                          > best
                          > RUTHIE
                          >
                          > 2012/10/1 Ruthie Aquino <ruthieaquino1@...>
                          >
                          > > Hi,
                          > > It wasn'ty working either but I clicked on HOME and there it was!
                          > > best
                          > > RUTHIE
                          > >

                          > > 2012/10/1 Nandan Palaparambil <p_k_nandanan@...>
                          > >
                          > >> **
                          > >>

                          > >> The specific link you had mentioned was not working for me. I could see
                          > >> lot of interesting video link which you had shared.
                          > >>
                          > >> Yes, it will be good to brief about your method of cultivation for
                          > >> different crops and your observations.
                          > >>
                          > >> Regards,
                          > >> Nandan

                        • Sheo Narayan
                          Message 12 of 12 , Oct 1, 2012
                            Thanks Sumant.

                            I think Sheo is as good as Shiv, just a different spelling. In Hindi it is called as "Tallabe Sh".

                            Regards