Re: [fukuoka_farming] Hello Loudon Clear!

  • Robin, Maya, or Napi
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 24, 2002
      Good Sunday All,

      Thank you for the conference reminder, Neighbor Mr. Allan. Loudon
      County was a beautiful place last time I visited many years ago. Has
      Washington, D.C. sprawled all the way out to fill it up, or do you
      still have a green view? Will you please tell about your project for
      the map?

      As a technical exercise that many must already know, but I do not,
      may I ask for comment on whether this works? I believe form
      activates "clickability" of e-mail & web addresses that are embedded
      (within a post), at least in some systems. As I return to you in
      multiple forms the helpful web address that you had sent us, I ask
      that you or someone on the list comment which, if any, become color
      coded, underlined, & click activated:

      1. http://www.ACRESUSA.com. This phrase begins with http://www.

      2. http://www.ACRESUSA.com This phrase begins with http://www,
      and is underlined by sender.
      3. <http://www.ACRESUSA.com> This phrase begins with http://www,
      and is contained in less than <> greater than arrows.
      4. <http://www.ACRESUSA.com> This phrase has all the bells &
      whistles above.
      5. (seafloorgarden@...) This e-mail address is contained in
      parentheses.
      6. seafloorgarden@... This e-mail address is underlined.
      7. (seafloorgarden@...) This e-mail address is underlined
      including the parentheses.
      8. (seafloorgarden@...) This e-mail address is underlined, not
      including the parentheses.

      Thanks so much to anyone who has a moment to answer this little
      game. I hope it is not an intrusion to the subject, but an
      enhancement of one of our greatest strengths as a species, ability to
      communicate in lists! Of course, even DNA makes lists. Not that our
      friends in the plant kingdom do not communicate. Some of the kooky
      research & undeniable results of The Secret Life of Plants & the
      gardens at Findhorn in Wales, & Perelandra in Virginia are humbling to
      the notion that animals are the only ones who communicate. Perelandra
      is right near you, Allan, just north of Culpeper; have you visited
      there? It is a private research & flower essence production farm, but
      there is an open house a few times a year. So, there is another
      entertaining list for a future post: compare & contrast the physical
      techniques & the spiritual comments of Fukuoka-san & Machaelle Small
      Wright, as we like to do with permaculture's Holmgren, other organic
      Japanese commercial growers, polluted industrial/urban area projects,
      courageous extreme condition projects, etc.

      Napi

      Allan Balliett wrote:

      > is the Bourguignon book available in English?
      >
      > For insights into natural soil health management, check out the
      > works
      > of Ehrenfried Pfeiffer. For the most part, they are avail from
      > www.ACRESUSA.com.
      >
      > The ACRES USA conference is another place to not only receive
      > lectures on eco-ag, but to spend three (or more!) days in a miliu of
      >
      > natural ag vendors and practitioners. I think they host the largest
      > eco-ag tradeshow in the world. The conference is around Dec 12 of
      > this year.
      >
      > -Allan
      > Loudoun Co, VA
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • Robertson
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 25, 2002
        All eight forms were color-coded, highlighted and active.
        regards. Thanks for the interesting information concerning your work.
        regards, Alan

        --- In fukuoka_farming@y..., "Robin, Maya, or Napi"
        <seafloorgarden@g...> wrote:
        > Good Sunday All,
        >

        > As a technical exercise that many must already know, but I do
        not,
        > may I ask for comment on whether this works? I believe form
        > activates "clickability" of e-mail & web addresses that are embedded
        > (within a post), at least in some systems. As I return to you in
        > multiple forms the helpful web address that you had sent us, I ask
        > that you or someone on the list comment which, if any, become color
        > coded, underlined, & click activated:
        >
        > 1. http://www.ACRESUSA.com. This phrase begins with
        http://www.

        > 2. http://www.ACRESUSA.com This phrase begins with
        http://www,
        > and is underlined by sender.
        > 3. <http://www.ACRESUSA.com> This phrase begins with
        http://www,
        > and is contained in less than <> greater than arrows.
        > 4. <http://www.ACRESUSA.com> This phrase has all the bells &
        > whistles above.
        > 5. (seafloorgarden@g...) This e-mail address is contained in
        > parentheses.