new fukuoka forum at permies

  • paul wheaton
    Message 1 of 30 , Sep 29 7:22 AM
      We created it last night.

      It will take a week or so to move all the fukuoka threads out of the
      permaculture forum and into the fukuoka forum. But so far there are
      about a dozen. Plus room for growth.

      As some of you know, the permies forums are not a fit for everybody.
      They are heavily moderated for only certain types of discussions on
      certain topics.

      Anybody can upload photos and documents. Links to other sites is
      encouraged (I never understood how some forums don't allow that).
      Embedding images and videos is encouraged.

      http://www.permies.com/forums/f-104/fukuoka

      --

      Sign up for my daily-ish email, or my devious plots for world
      domination: http://www.richsoil.com/email.jsp
      Message 2 of 30 , Sep 30 6:13 AM
        One question Paul ...

        --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, paul wheaton <paul@...> wrote:

        > We created it last night.

        It's funny. I've been having conversations about the need for better resources on Fukuoka-style natural farming here and one of those ideas was a forum, someone suggested it be at Permies.com. I mentioned it to one of the moderators at Permies.com ... and a day or so later they started one up. Hooray.

        Then not only banned me but even went as far as to block me from topics I was discussing with Larry Korn in.

        Not others ... only those ones with Larry Korn ... which was strange and cut us off in mid-conversation and meant I lost private messages.

        It turns out that my sin was not use a real looking name. Like most people I don't read every term and condition before I register for an internet forum but this is one of Paul's. You don't have to use a 'real name' but at least you have to use a 'real looking fake one'. Oh, and then there's another rule ... you're not allowed to tell people you are using a fake one either.

        Two women were a bit upset by this and I supported them. The internet is wonderful but it enables both crazy, obsessive stalkers and nuts, and corporate and government data miners, so I can understand why a woman or eco activist might want to remain a little anonymous. On the other hand, another women wanted to use an account nickname that was congruent with other accounts she is known by else where so people *could* find her.

        For supporting them, I got banned again ... this time from the *entire* forum.

        Paul wheaton wrote: "Here is what it is like for me: You are a smoker in my non-smoking house and you are stating that you should be allowed to smoke in my house, because you have smoked in other houses.

        If you wish to go to those other houses to smoke, I understand. If you choose to not come to my house anymore, I understand."

        I suggest that was a ridiculous comparison but smoking causes cancer and nicknames do not. It's more like refusing someone in your house because they wear a perfume, or wash their hair with some shampoo. I thought a better analogy would be.

        "I am FBI officer. I demand to see customer IDs and know their personal details and will post them in public before I will speak to them, or let them speak to anyone in this building. And was your father ever a member of the Communistic Party?"

        It's worse actually because you are demanding that everyone opens themselves up vulnerably to whatever is on the internet.

        WTF is wrong with this world ... I thought Natural Farming was about *not* micro controlling everything. This is entirely contrary to its spirit.

        At the end of the day, Permies.com is a business. It takes revenue for ads and promoted Paul's status, which he might one day be able to cash back on by selling books or himself as an expert, or whatever.

        Why cannot a farmer promote their farm by using its name on it ... and why cannot one discuss such matter democratically without have the forum Stasi descend upon one and banish one forever?
      • paul wheaton
        Message 3 of 30 , Sep 30 6:41 AM
          Yeah,

          Permies.com is a community built with .... a certain kind of temperament.
          It seems that you are not a fit.

          The internet is a rich place, packed full of web sites, each with a
          different idea of what is best.

          It seems that you have some passionate ideas on how a web site should be
          managed. I encourage you to set up a web site exactly the way you think is
          best. Folks that prefer your style, will gravitate to your site, and
          folks that prefer my style (tolerate my tyranny) will gravitate to my
          site. And we will both help people learn more about fukuoka.

        • yajnesh shetty
          Message 4 of 30 , Sep 30 6:53 AM
            Well said Paul!
                                    Regards,
                                       Yaj.

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 30 , Sep 30 7:49 AM
              --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, paul wheaton <paul@...> wrote:

              > tolerate my tyranny

              Why is the naming policy such a big issue for you Paul? What's the history?

              It seems a pretty petty one to fall out with people ... and start playing "Bash the Gopher".

              http://www.1archive.com/game/gopherbash/index.html

              As to the lack of ability to tolerate a perfectly reasonable democratic discussion of a policy by numerous members of said community ... what can I say!?!
            • paul wheaton
              Message 6 of 30 , Sep 30 8:18 AM
                Not only has the discussion of the naming stuff been discussed on permies
                for years, with hundreds of people, it has been discussed by thousands on
                my larger forums for over a decade. And on the pre-internet on-line sites
                I managed before that.

                It is my preference. Some enjoy it. Others use a different web site.

                Thousands of people have told me that I am wrong and need to do something
                different. The comedy is that while a thousand will tell me that I have to
                be black, another thousand will tell me I have to be white. I cannot
                please everybody. So I please myself and those that seem to like the
                flavor I have chosen.

                Here are a couple of threads that might help:
                http://www.permies.com/t/12726
                http://www.permies.com/t/13745

                Permies.com is not for everybody. It is for that one person out of 20,000
                that is keen on the things I am keen on. Including real sounding names and
                my idea of respectful communication.

                It has been surprising to me that so many thousands of people seem to enjoy
                the environment I have created.

                Message 7 of 30 , Sep 30 8:44 AM
                  IYO is being argumentative, wholly chicken shit........:)

                  On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 11:18 AM, paul wheaton <paul@...> wrote:

                  > Not only has the discussion of the naming stuff been discussed on permies
                  > for years, with hundreds of people, it has been discussed by thousands on
                  > my larger forums for over a decade. And on the pre-internet on-line sites
                  > I managed before that.
                  >
                  > It is my preference. Some enjoy it. Others use a different web site.
                  >
                  > Thousands of people have told me that I am wrong and need to do something
                  > different. The comedy is that while a thousand will tell me that I have to
                  > be black, another thousand will tell me I have to be white. I cannot
                  > please everybody. So I please myself and those that seem to like the
                  > flavor I have chosen.
                  >
                  > Here are a couple of threads that might help:
                  > http://www.permies.com/t/12726
                  > http://www.permies.com/t/13745
                  >
                  > Permies.com is not for everybody. It is for that one person out of 20,000
                  > that is keen on the things I am keen on. Including real sounding names and
                  > my idea of respectful communication.
                  >
                  > It has been surprising to me that so many thousands of people seem to enjoy
                  > the environment I have created.
                  >

                  > On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 8:49 AM, iyo_farm <iyo.farm@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > **
                  > >

                  > > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, paul wheaton <paul@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > tolerate my tyranny
                  > >
                  > > Why is the naming policy such a big issue for you Paul? What's the
                  > history?
                  > >
                  > > It seems a pretty petty one to fall out with people ... and start playing
                  > > "Bash the Gopher".
                  > >
                  > > http://www.1archive.com/game/gopherbash/index.html
                  > >
                  > > As to the lack of ability to tolerate a perfectly reasonable democratic
                  > > discussion of a policy by numerous members of said community ... what
                  > can I
                  > > say!?!
                  > >

                  > --
                  >
                  > Sign up for my daily-ish email, or my devious plots for world domination:
                  > http://www.richsoil.com/email.jsp

                  Thanks and all the best,
                  Jason

                • venaurafarm
                  Message 8 of 30 , Sep 30 2:54 PM
                    On 9/30/2012 10:49 AM, iyo_farm wrote:
                    > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com
                    > <mailto:fukuoka_farming%40yahoogroups.com>, paul wheaton <paul@...> wrote:

                    Not to leave the discussion in its present state in the hopes of making
                    peace, I would suggest that Iyo is Japanese, English is his second
                    language and the problems he has had are ones of miscommunication
                    because of the language barrier. I can tell by reading his posts here
                    that he is not familiar with certain aspects of English usage and. I
                    would offer him support in continued forum participation and hope that
                    others, Paul included, would take this into consideration. I would in my
                    forum. How many of us can speak, much less write, Japanese?

                    shameless plug for my list, group, blog should anyone be interested in
                    making use of these resources:

                    permaculture mailing list
                    fukuokanaturalfarming group
                    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/fukuokanaturalfarming
                    fukuokanaturalfarming blog
                    http://fukuokanaturalfarming.blogspot.com/

                    LL
                    lfljvenaura@...
                    venaurafarm@...
                    gardening and farming hand tool info and pictures
                    www.avantgeared.com Avant Geared
                    Hazelip & Bonfils
                    http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/souscayrous/
                  • Sumant Joshi
                    Message 9 of 30 , Sep 30 7:42 PM
                      LOL, ooooh don't we all love THAT!!

                      Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone

                      Warm regards,

                      Sumant Joshi
                      Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161

                      >________________________________

                    • Jason Stewart
                      Message 10 of 30 , Sep 30 8:09 PM
                        A house of BS!
                        Anonymous (false...) you have provided no bona fides.

                        Eg.:

                        Message 11 of 30 , Sep 30 8:37 PM
                          Many unpleasant experiences with them since Feb. 2011 (in WP),
                          indicates to me they are very much Anglophone from their set of peculiar values, cannot possible be Japanese nor have any Japanese thinking/philosophy/upbringing and with regards to their English language comprehension *suffer* from some dyslexia... . I feel sorry for them for that, but never identify with any person who attacks me, let alone with a pattern of attacks since 2011 Feb.. Their problems are their problems and their responsibilities alone, and i will never take responsibility nor blame for them. My 'mountains' of written evidence, not LL's speculation at all, buttress my experiences.

                          For a while i thought they may be one of those very poorly paid (treated like underclass job slaves) overseas workers within Japan, from Bangladesh, India, China, or Phillipines. I met numerous very hard working people when i was in Japan in year 2000 with my Japanese ex-fianc� and family. They were poor paid cleaners and service staff � in the USA tv media the stereotype of the poorly paid US tv janitor is evoked here to evoke the same meaning in you.
                          That idea i scotched completely many months ago, for certain evidences.

                          Message 12 of 30 , Sep 30 9:53 PM
                            --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Jason Wicker <jaywicker@...> wrote:

                            > IYO is being argumentative, wholly chicken shit........:)

                            Please excuse Jason, Paul. He is only a wannabe volleyball farmer and we are all trying to help him grow them organically. We hope he is going to grow some beach volleyballs so we can all come and watch, I believe you Americans call it 'butt crack ball' or something.

                            Paul, if ever you come to Japan, you must join me for some chinko nabi. I think it will be very much to your taste.

                            --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, paul wheaton <paul@...> wrote:

                            > Not only has the discussion of the naming stuff been discussed on permies
                            > for years, with hundreds of people, it has been discussed by thousands on
                            > my larger forums for over a decade ... It is my preference. Some enjoy it.
                            > Others use a different web site.

                            Paul, you avoided answering any of my questions or the issues I raised. I cannot read your links because you childishly blocked my IP address.

                            You may well be the 'King of Internet Forums' but why I chose not to take your forum too seriously was because of the inept and heavy handed manner of your moderation ... and I was a bad sign when whoever chopped up my discussion could not spell FUKUOKA.

                            I raised the matter with Larry in private, it completely spoilt the discussion. I'm glad you are happy with the idea of a Fukuoka forum, I just don't know who you are going to get to keep it informed and on track.

                            It seems you're just another one of those typically loud mouth Americans we meet too often on the "anti-social media"; all broadcast and no communication ... and, yes, "tyranny" in the name of democracy. I am glad you at least honest about. In Japan, we've had a little too much of American style policy.

                            (Apologies to all the good Americans out there, you know who you are and these people are and apologies to our Indian colleagues who dislike such disharmonious discussions. Please trust me, there is no other way to speak to these people. I tried polite reasoning and good humor. They don't get it).

                            Actually, I would have been quite happy to play the game as regards the naming policy. I simply never read it. What made me quickly lose respect was the artless manner in which reasonably interesting discussion between two individuals was chopped about, interrupted, moved and fiddled about with ... presumably by unpaid workers you employ in your business?

                            It all struck me as a little bit obsessively attentive which may well be permiesculture but goes against the spirit of Fukuoka's Natural Farming.

                            If all you want is unchallenging and obedient sheep on your farm, and to fiddle with them, that that is up to you. I prefer things a little more wild and interesting.
                          • paul wheaton
                            Message 13 of 30 , Sep 30 10:10 PM
                              In reading your most recent post, I think I made a wise choice in banning
                              you. It is my opinion that permies.com is a kinder, better site for the
                              lack of ... you. You call me childish and loud mouthed, and you expect me
                              to answer your questions.

                              Based on this, I'm surprised that everybody on this list doesn't set up
                              shop just so they can have conversations without this sort of thing.
                              Because on permies, it is deleted. And people that post this sort of thing
                              repeatedly, are banned.

                            • iyo_farm
                              Message 14 of 30 , Sep 30 10:11 PM
                                Oh, sorry. I was offering Joisey Shore Jason to taste my chinko nabi, not Paul.

                                I am amazed how even now Paul is unwilling to discuss women's need of some protection and anonymity on the internet.

                                --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Jason Stewart <macropneuma@...> wrote:

                                > Many unpleasant experiences with them since Feb. 2011 (in WP),

                                Jason Stewart, please ... we've been over this before. Everything has already been said.

                                You were making an unreadable mess of the Wikipedia topic. I am sorry if your feeling were hurt but a number of editors tried many times to engage you in discussion about it. You have an idiosyncratic style which can be unreadable as many of your posts here are. Others here have agree with that.

                                I accept you have an encyclopaediac knowledge of plants and Fukuoka-related issues, or Fukuka as the Permies call him, and I would still encourage you and would support you to develop somewhere online.

                                (Now all we need are the Opus Dei members to get back onto their Pro-Life campaign and start having more babies ... even though we don't have enough food to feed all the ones that exist at present ... and we will have had another complete cycle of complaints here at Fukuoka Farming).
                              • iyo_farm
                                Message 15 of 30 , Sep 30 10:20 PM
                                  --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, paul wheaton <paul@...> wrote:

                                  > You call me childish and loud mouthed, and you expect me to answer your questions.

                                  "Churlish" would have been a better choice but I did not have a dictionary at hand.

                                  Come on, I gave your moderator the idea of Fukuoka forum and then you blocked me only from the topics I was discussing about Fukuoka with Larry mid-discussion. Was I offending him? Was he not grateful for the updates and information I was giving?

                                  What I am really calling you is a control freak who obviously prefers to be surrounded by (and no doubt worshipped by) obedient sheep who accept your interference in their discussions.

                                  Actually I am presuming it was your unpaid workers who messed around and interfered with the discussion at their whim but, as the boss, you have to take responsibility for the policies you autocratically set and how they are enacted.

                                  If you are going to invite more VIPs onto your forums you are going to have to run their Q&A more smoothly.
                                • paul wheaton
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Sep 30 10:22 PM
                                    And I'm still feeling it was really smart of me to ban you. I was certain
                                    I had good reason before. Now the good reason pile is about three times
                                    bigger.

                                  • Jason Stewart
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Sep 30 10:22 PM
                                      It's a complete waste of time writing technically word perfect English to you anonymous (false ... is it in fact i-Dal instead of i-Yo!?!). You don't get it at all (anyway).
                                      So ... !
                                    • Sumant Joshi
                                      Message 18 of 30 , Sep 30 11:21 PM
                                        Paul and Jason, please  please, could you both please continue this discussion using your private emails??

                                        please!!

                                        Message 19 of 30 , Sep 30 11:22 PM
                                          --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, paul wheaton <paul@...> wrote:

                                          > And I'm still feeling it was really smart of me to ban you. I was certain
                                          > I had good reason before. Now the good reason pile is about three times
                                          > bigger.

                                          Typical American freedom of speech again. It's free for them, and everyone else has to agree. Democracy is what they say and you bow to, and what is in the interest of their business (... beside which me and my bamboo spears are still members of your forum).

                                          Let's be clear about what happened and what goes on at Permies.com ...

                                          • I got banned because stood up to support two other women who would upset by the control freakery over names in a perfectly polite and reasonable manner. One who wanted anonymity and was upset at her whole name being published against her will, and one who wanted to continue to use the nickname other people recognized her by.

                                          • I argued the internet is not a safe place and that it was entirely reasonable to do so. You're not going to be there to protect them when some stalker latches onto them.

                                          Is that anti-American behavior?

                                          Prior to that:

                                          • The titles of my posts were edit embarrassing me in front of Larry Korn by misspelling Fukuka.
                                          • Numerous posts were split off or moved to other forums mid-conversation without notice, so questions were lost.
                                          • My signature was removed, again without notice
                                          • I was specifically blocked from only those topics with Larry Korn (how childish can you get?) ... I was being "punished" by not letting me even read Larry's answers which he and others were enjoying.
                                          • I was banned without any notice or discussion for using a nickname because I had not read the all terms and conditions of an discussion forum (who does!?!)
                                          • I lost all private messages and contact information others, who enjoyed my posts had sent me.

                                          Oh, a moderator did warned me that I "better not piss off Paul any more" by being honest I was using a fake name (which is according to policy as long as it looks real).

                                          OK, let's ignore the issue of women's online privacy or their business rights, as I asked you before, why is this such a big issue for you Paul? Don't you think it is a being little too obsessive and control freaky? I mean, how can you tell if all those other are *really* using their real names?

                                          You see, one of the other problems with online forums is that it is difficult to trust the people that run them and what they might do with your private information. Such faceless rigidity ... not once did you contact me to discuss the issue ... is not conducive to trust.

                                          It is also pretty damned arrogant to be honest.
                                        • iyo_farm
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Sep 30 11:40 PM
                                            Any other Japanese, or registered aliens in Japan, on the list interested in land prices and availability in Japan?

                                            I am sorry, you are probably silenced by such conflict but it is the only way to speak to these people, and aliens who do not live in Japan cannot apply. Actually I think only those with Japanese citizenships can own farm land so their wives but have to buy it.

                                            This is interesting but also the problem we have starting off in Japan.

                                            http://agri.nca.or.jp/modules/bukken/index.php

                                            Some of this land is "requiring restoration" which means has not been worked for long time but look at the price of it!

                                            I found a really nice plot producing 300kg per year chestnuts from mature tree which could be turned into mixed use Fukuoka style but calculated it would cost 28 years to pay it back and that is with super low interest we have in Japan!

                                            Some of the land is also "open to offers". Most of it is very rural.

                                            But, please enjoy. They are many nice pictures of the inaka gives an accurate view of life here. Note also typical small plot size some as low as 10m2!

                                            This is Japanese National Chamber of Agriculture site.

                                            --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Jason Stewart <macropneuma@...> wrote:

                                            > It's a complete waste of time writing technically word perfect English to you anonymous (false ... is it in fact i-Dal instead of i-Yo!?!). You don't get it at all (anyway).

                                            The other editors on Wikipedia don't agree with you. I support them, but I also support you to start your own online resource. What happens if you hit your head and damage your brain more? Everything will be lost. Please write it all down somewhere first.
                                          • paul wheaton
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Oct 1, 2012
                                              2/3 of that is complete fiction. The remaining third is crazy frosting on
                                              the icky things you did.

                                              It seems that despite folks explaining it to you, you still have no idea
                                              why you are banned: you are mean and rude.

                                              This is not freedom of speech. This is freedom of the press. Freedom of
                                              the press belongs to those that own one. You should buy one: web sites are
                                              pretty cheap.

                                              I choose to not publish your hate speech.

                                              I announced here that permies is strongly moderated and not for everybody.
                                              You came, tested the boundaries, your nasty was deleted, you posted more
                                              nasty, it was deleted and you were banned. Simple. My site, my choice.
                                              You get your own site and you can manage it as you see fit. Be the change
                                              you wish to see in the world.

                                              Message 22 of 30 , Oct 1, 2012
                                                > Paul and Jason, please please, could you both please continue this discussion using your private emails??
                                                >
                                                > please!!

                                                Sumant,

                                                I understand your desire. This is why I prefer forums: if somebody
                                                says icky, off-topic things, it can be removed. Or if people ask
                                                questions about the way things are managed, that can be moved to
                                                another forum, which you can skip over.

                                                The end result is a collection of discussions that are very topical
                                                and free of ick.

                                                Here, on a mailing list, you have to work with the limitations of the
                                                medium and the psychology of the mass that consumes this information.
                                                Awkward.

                                                --

                                                Sign up for my daily-ish email, or my devious plots for world
                                                domination: http://www.richsoil.com/email.jsp
                                              • Jason Wicker
                                                Message 23 of 30 , Oct 1, 2012
                                                  I vote to ban IYO on this forum..all in favor please chim in.
                                                  Jason from NJ

                                                  Message 24 of 30 , Oct 1, 2012
                                                    Could be you in your shadow form, though, a walking dead than needs a proper burial.
                                                    Just sayin'.

                                                    On 02/10/2012, at 12:38 AM, Jason Wicker wrote:

                                                    > I vote to ban IYO on this forum..all in favor please chim in.
                                                    > Jason from NJ
                                                  • Jason Wicker
                                                    Message 25 of 30 , Oct 1, 2012
                                                      No, I am me and he is him..do you want to vote him out or not?

                                                      --
                                                      Thanks and all the best,
                                                      Jason

                                                    • iyo_farm
                                                      Message 26 of 30 , Oct 1, 2012
                                                        You're bullshitting Paul and creating a straw man to justify what really went on. Do you know how petty it gets on Permies.com for users and how much they interfere with people's posts?

                                                        Perhaps you're not in full control of your faceless moderators, or do not know what they get up to. Or even how many attack new users. Or even what they think of your policies based on the apologies and warning one gave one. However, as a business owner, you should be mature enough to accept feedback and criticism and discuss fair issues like the need for a woman's privacy online.

                                                        We were invited to ask Larry Korn questions and after becoming tired of having my posts moved, embarrassingly edited, or hidden in other forum mid-discussion ... and answered by other people who did therefore could not see I was asking Larry ... I simply prefix one [For Larry Korn] and then asked the question.

                                                        They even had to edit that off!!! I mean ... why? It is another sekret rule?

                                                        It's logical. It's not "nasty", nor offensive. How many moderators do you have?

                                                        If you're going to invite VIP authors on a regular basis, you're going to work out a system which is clear, simple and works.

                                                        Tell the people exactly what big sin I did ... I chose a nickname on an internet forum.

                                                        Let people judge what I wrote ... try 'Dun Farmin' or 'Pat Mahone'. Polite, respectful, useful and interesting. Ask Larry what he thinks because if you don't I will.

                                                        --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, paul wheaton <paul@...> wrote:

                                                        > It seems that despite folks explaining it to you, you still have no idea
                                                        > why you are banned: you are mean and rude.
                                                        >
                                                        > This is not freedom of speech. This is freedom of the press. Freedom of
                                                        > the press belongs to those that own one. You should buy one: web sites are
                                                        > pretty cheap.
                                                        >
                                                        > I choose to not publish your hate speech.
                                                        >
                                                        > I announced here that permies is strongly moderated and not for everybody.
                                                        > You came, tested the boundaries, your nasty was deleted, you posted more
                                                        > nasty, it was deleted and you were banned. Simple. My site, my choice.
                                                        > You get your own site and you can manage it as you see fit. Be the change
                                                        > you wish to see in the world.
                                                      • paul wheaton
                                                        Message 27 of 30 , Oct 1, 2012
                                                          And yet, I feel so good about permies.com. And I feel like the posts there
                                                          are respectful and informative. 99% because good precedent has been set,
                                                          and 1% because of a bit of pruning of that which .... did not meet our
                                                          publication standards.

                                                          Please, iyo, keep telling us your theories. You are currently my best
                                                          advertisement for forums with heavy moderation. My forums.

                                                          On forums, all this sort of stuff gets deleted and people don't see it. On
                                                          mailing lists, precision moderation is almost impossible.

                                                          Message 28 of 30 , Oct 1, 2012
                                                            --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, paul wheaton <paul@...> wrote:

                                                            > Sumant,
                                                            >
                                                            > I understand your desire. This is why I prefer forums: if somebody
                                                            > says icky, off-topic things, it can be removed. Or if people ask
                                                            > questions about the way things are managed, that can be moved to
                                                            > another forum, which you can skip over.

                                                            I presume "ick" involved your authority being questioned?

                                                            You mean, "they can be removed ... their democratic communication with others can be restricted and control" ... total control of the medium.

                                                            You don't even discuss and explain Paul, you cannot even apologize when one of your unpaid workers screws up or makes a bad mistake.

                                                            Actually, this is a observation of Westerners we have in Japan a lot. You cannot tolerate other people's opinions.

                                                            Actually I have to wonder if what upset you was really someone using a nickname, or whether it was I pointed out a technical mistake you made in the manner in which you represented Natural Farming.

                                                            Your ego seems to be strongly involved in what you do which is what the micromanagement of other people's work shows. That's not a Natural Farming approach.
                                                          • Linda Shewan
                                                            Message 29 of 30 , Oct 1, 2012
                                                              Iyo - we get your point - it's time to stop now.

                                                              Message 30 of 30 , Oct 9, 2012
                                                                You've asked the wrong Q! (in other words, non-metaphorical, Globish language (without any idioms), not real English, words, as also used by native English speakers who have 'dis-stressed' themselves out of or let a sick society they're within 'dis-stress' them out of, the ability to comprehend non-literal language, metaphors, similes, and any other kinds of idioms).