In 1962, I reported … "The Truth about Di rect-Seeding Rice and Barley Cultivation", published...

  • Jason Stewart
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 19, 2012
      Fukuoka Masanobu [1975 Dec orig. Japanese]
      (1985 Oct, 1987 Feb rev. ed.: English translation)
      The Natural Way Of Farming – The Theory and Practice of Green Philosophy
      translator Frederic P. Metreaud.
      Japan Publications.
      ISBN 0-87040-613-2

      Quotation:

      "
      Early Attempts at Direct-Seeding, No-Tillage Rice/Barley Succession [page 171]

      Direct Seeding of Rice between Barley [page 171]

      Direct-Seeding Rice / Barley Succession [page 172]

      Direct-Seeding, No-Tillage Rice/Barley Succession: [page 173]

      In 1962, I reported these experiences of mine in an article entitled "The Truth about Direct-Seeding Rice and Barley Cultivation," published in a leading farming and gardening journal in Japan. This was regarded as a highly singular contribution, but apparently acted as a strong stimulus on those interested in the direct seeding of rice. One high-ranking official in the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry at the time was delighted, calling it "research in a class by itself ... a guiding light for Japanese rice cultivation ten years hence."

      Natural Rice and Barley/Wheat Cropping [page 174]
      "

      i have the actual reference citations, which are also found, with quotations of the papers' body texts, in his Japanese 自然農法 [Nature Farming] book (2004 3rd. edition and earlier editions). Again email me if you want this.