Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: help me grow cover crop

  • Nandan Palaparambil
    Message 1 of 58 , Aug 15, 2012
      Hi Hegde,

      Nice to see the pictures..It looks like earlier there was grazing in the land ??

      Germination may be less because of some seeds were in more water at the time of germination. I had seen such things happening, when they are germinating if there is more water, some won't survive, also some might have picked by ants, birds since there is no covering?? Probably seed balls will help in the future. When multiple things like timing, mulching, seed balls, better broadcasting etc are taken care, you will have better germination. Timing is important since if you are broadcasting before monsoon germination will be better. But for the seeds to survive, seed balls is a must...It may take some time, but better get hands on experience...I am also learning from failures/success....

      Regards,
      Nandan

      Message 58 of 58 , Oct 7, 2012
        Thanks, That is wealth of information.