Informations on Panos

  • Pietro
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 15, 2012
      Dear all,
      do we have any more news from Panos Manikis. I am going with my girlfriend and another friend interested in Natural Farming to Greece and would very much like to go and visit him. I found online his phone number, but it was an old page, and no one answers

      ( http://karoubas.net/manikisfarm.html ).

      I in particular would like to know how the situation is with the crises. In a sense such crises could be a wonderful opportunity for him to guide the people in a more natural lifestyle.

      If anyone knows anything, or can give me suggestions on how to contact him I would very much love that.

      Thanks,
      Pietro
    • Marcos G.
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 15, 2012
        On Wednesday 15 August 2012 07:51:24 Pietro wrote:
        > Dear all,
        > do we have any more news from Panos Manikis. I am going with my girlfriend
        > and another friend interested in Natural Farming to Greece and would very
        > much like to go and visit him. I found online his phone number, but it was
        > an old page, and no one answers
        >
        > ( http://karoubas.net/manikisfarm.html ).
        >
        > I in particular would like to know how the situation is with the crises. In
        > a sense such crises could be a wonderful opportunity for him to guide the
        > people in a more natural lifestyle.
        >
        > If anyone knows anything, or can give me suggestions on how to contact him
        > I would very much love that.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Pietro

        Hi, maybe this video can help:

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKfh82wKn50&feature=plcp

        --
        Marcos Guglielmetti
      • Jason Stewart
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 15, 2012
          Dear Pietro,

          very good interesting topic, i'd love to catch up with how Panos and his wonderful works around the world are going. Thanks.

          http://www.naturalfarming.eu/

          Please see above website.

          Sorry no time now for me to expand any more on this topic (12:11am).

          On 15/08/2012, at 8:51 PM, Pietro wrote:

          > Dear all,
          > do we have any more news from Panos Manikis. I am going with my girlfriend and another friend interested in Natural Farming to Greece and would very much like to go and visit him. I found online his phone number, but it was an old page, and no one answers
          >
          > ( http://karoubas.net/manikisfarm.html ).
          >
          > I in particular would like to know how the situation is with the crises. In a sense such crises could be a wonderful opportunity for him to guide the people in a more natural lifestyle.
          >
          > If anyone knows anything, or can give me suggestions on how to contact him I would very much love that.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Pietro.

        • KONSTANTINOS
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 15, 2012
            Hello Pietro,

            The phone number has not changed - Panos is most likely traveling on seeding projects and will return soon - please keep trying. He is doing very well - there has been a lot of interest and there has been an excellent TV documentary done lately - this has also sparked a lot of interest on Natural Farming here in Greece - when I can I will translate it and we will post it with subtitles.

            The crisis that is not making news is the change of the weather. The extensive forest fires that we had in 2008 have effected the climate, especially in southern Greece. We are experiencing high temperatures and lack of rain. As Fukuoka-San said rain falls from the ground - the absence of vegetation and green ground cover is causing the drought and high temperatures. Millions of trees need to be planted ASAP.

            Modern agriculture here in Greece, is pumping millions of cubic meters of underground water to sustain itself, but if this goes on for much longer the underground water will run dry, and we will not even have drinking water. As I understand it, mother nature ejects humans from a piece of land by shutting of the water supply.

            Panos will be very happy to see you. Keep trying the phone number - if you still have difficulties contact me.

            Kostas

            --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Jason Stewart <macropneuma@...> wrote:

            > Dear Pietro,
            >
            > very good interesting topic, i'd love to catch up with how Panos and his wonderful works around the world are going. Thanks.
            >
            > â†' http://www.naturalfarming.eu/
            >
            > Please see above website.
            >
            > Sorry no time now for me to expand any more on this topic (12:11am).
            >
            > On 15/08/2012, at 8:51 PM, Pietro wrote:
            >
            > > Dear all,
            > > do we have any more news from Panos Manikis. I am going with my girlfriend and another friend interested in Natural Farming to Greece and would very much like to go and visit him. I found online his phone number, but it was an old page, and no one answers
            > >
            > > ( http://karoubas.net/manikisfarm.html ).
            > >
            > > I in particular would like to know how the situation is with the crises. In a sense such crises could be a wonderful opportunity for him to guide the people in a more natural lifestyle.
            > >
            > > If anyone knows anything, or can give me suggestions on how to contact him I would very much love that.
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > > Pietro.

          • Travellingatthespeedofthought
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 15, 2012
              Hey Kostas,

              I love the way you write man.  Water, water, water.  Something so abundant on our earth but something so precious, so needed, that when we can't get it, all civilization collapses.  In my homeland of Canada, the weather has been completely crazy the last few years.  This year was a record for heat.  In fact, the last few years have been the hottest years on record.  People are starting to feel the changes, but unfortunately they are more interested in who the next puppet president of the US will be or how many gold medals our country wins in the olympics, than they are about what is going on in the environment around them.

              Here in Nepal, because most people are farmers, it is much more discussed.  The old people talk about how much things are changing and what the effects are.  They talk about how much food they used to grow and how tasty it was.  About how they use to not even need to grow so much food, because what they grew combined to other wild foods they could find, were more than enough.  They talk about the rain, the wind, the heat and the trees.

              I have just started a small community tree nursery.  It is not so hard, but you have to be a little organized and of course, most importantly you need to have water.  There will only be one staff, but we should be able to produce about 100,000 seedlings per year.  This is not a big goal, we can do it.  Getting people to plant all the trees will be a different story though.

              Please keep us all updated on what is happening in Greece.

              Zac

              ________________________________
              The phone number has not changed - Panos is most likely traveling on seeding projects and will return soon - please keep trying. He is doing very well - there has been a lot of interest and there has been an excellent TV documentary done lately - this has also sparked a lot of interest on Natural Farming here in Greece - when I can I will translate it and we will post it with subtitles.

              The crisis that is not making news is the change of the weather. The extensive forest fires that we had in 2008 have effected the climate, especially in southern Greece. We are experiencing high temperatures and lack of rain. As Fukuoka-San said rain falls from the ground - the absence of vegetation and green ground cover is causing the drought and high temperatures. Millions of trees need to be planted ASAP.

              Modern agriculture here in Greece, is pumping millions of cubic meters of underground water to sustain itself, but if this goes on for much longer the underground water will run dry, and we will not even have drinking water. As I understand it, mother nature ejects humans from a piece of land by shutting of the water supply.

              Panos will be very happy to see you.  Keep trying the phone number - if you still have difficulties contact me.

              Kostas

              --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Jason Stewart <macropneuma@...> wrote:

              > Dear Pietro,
              >
              > very good interesting topic, i'd love to catch up with how Panos and his wonderful works around the world are going. Thanks.
              >
              > â†' http://www.naturalfarming.eu/
              >
              > Please see above website.
              >
              > Sorry no time now for me to expand any more on this topic (12:11am).
              >
              > On 15/08/2012, at 8:51 PM, Pietro wrote:
              >
              > > Dear all,
              > > do we have any more news from Panos Manikis. I am going with my girlfriend and another friend interested in Natural Farming to Greece and would very much like to go and visit him. I found online his phone number, but it was an old page, and no one answers
              > >
              > > ( http://karoubas.net/manikisfarm.html ).
              > >
              > > I in particular would like to know how the situation is with the crises. In a sense such crises could be a wonderful opportunity for him to guide the people in a more natural lifestyle.
              > >
              > > If anyone knows anything, or can give me suggestions on how to contact him I would very much love that.
              > >
              > > Thanks,
              > > Pietro.

            • Pietro Speroni di Fenizio
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 17, 2012
                Dear All, thank you very much.
                I remember Panos, I have been in Edessa in 2009 (I think). This year,
                in spring, I wanted to go back and study with him longer, but I could
                not get in touch. And without a connection I could not just appear at
                his doorstep. But now I am very happy to hear that he is doing great,
                and that he is making progress in sharing Natural Farming.

                Dear Kostas, thank you very much. I will try to get in touch with him.
                In any case I am going to Greece in the next days, so hopefully I will
                be able to meet him.

                I am very interested in seeing how society is organising after the
                crises. I am afraid the same thing will happen to the other nations as
                well. In fact I am convinced it will not stop at Spain or Italy, but
                hit every nation that uses a fiat currency (which unfortunately it is
                all except maybe switzerland). So going to Greece might help in
                peeking at the future.

                Cheers,
                Pietro
              • marss.farm
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 17, 2012
                  How can we contact Panos on the internet?

                  > Message du 17/08/12 11:16
                  > De : "Pietro Speroni di Fenizio" <2009@...>
                  > A : fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com
                  > Copie à :
                  > Objet : Re: [fukuoka_farming] Informations on Panos
                  >
                  >   > Dear All, thank you very much.
                  > I remember Panos, I have been in Edessa in 2009 (I think). This year,
                  > in spring, I wanted to go back and study with him longer, but I could
                  > not get in touch. And without a connection I could not just appear at
                  > his doorstep. But now I am very happy to hear that he is doing great,
                  > and that he is making progress in sharing Natural Farming.
                  >
                  > Dear Kostas, thank you very much. I will try to get in touch with him.
                  > In any case I am going to Greece in the next days, so hopefully I will
                  > be able to meet him.
                  >
                  > I am very interested in seeing how society is organising after the
                  > crises. I am afraid the same thing will happen to the other nations as
                  > well. In fact I am convinced it will not stop at Spain or Italy, but
                  > hit every nation that uses a fiat currency (which unfortunately it is
                  > all except maybe switzerland). So going to Greece might help in
                  > peeking at the future.
                  >
                  > Cheers,
                  > Pietro

                  Je crée ma boîte mail www.laposte.net

                • KONSTANTINOS
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 17, 2012
                    Hello Pietro,
                    If you have any difficulties while at Greece email me at karoubas@..., and I will give you any help I can.
                    Kostas

                    --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Pietro Speroni di Fenizio <2009@...> wrote:

                    > Dear All, thank you very much.
                    > I remember Panos, I have been in Edessa in 2009 (I think). This year,
                    > in spring, I wanted to go back and study with him longer, but I could
                    > not get in touch. And without a connection I could not just appear at
                    > his doorstep. But now I am very happy to hear that he is doing great,
                    > and that he is making progress in sharing Natural Farming.
                    >
                    > Dear Kostas, thank you very much. I will try to get in touch with him.
                    > In any case I am going to Greece in the next days, so hopefully I will
                    > be able to meet him.
                    >
                    > I am very interested in seeing how society is organising after the
                    > crises. I am afraid the same thing will happen to the other nations as
                    > well. In fact I am convinced it will not stop at Spain or Italy, but
                    > hit every nation that uses a fiat currency (which unfortunately it is
                    > all except maybe switzerland). So going to Greece might help in
                    > peeking at the future.
                    >
                    > Cheers,
                    > Pietro

                  • KONSTANTINOS
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 18, 2012
                      Try elenapassa@...
                      I Hope it works
                      Kostas

                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 27, 2012
                        Hi Kostas,
                        unfortunately for health reasons I had to cut my holidays.

                        Please greet Panos from me when you speak with him.

                        I wish you (and to all of Greece) all the best, and nice soft rain.
                        Pietro

                      • KONSTANTINOS
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 27, 2012
                          Thanks Pietro,
                          I hope all is well with your health, and I will gladly pass on the info to Panos.

                          "Nice soft rain" - what a pleasant thought - wishing the same for all

                          Kostas

                          --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Pietro Speroni di Fenizio <2009@...> wrote:

                          > Hi Kostas,
                          > unfortunately for health reasons I had to cut my holidays.
                          >
                          > Please greet Panos from me when you speak with him.
                          >
                          > I wish you (and to all of Greece) all the best, and nice soft rain.
                          > Pietro

                        • KONSTANTINOS
                          Message 12 of 12 , Sep 7 10:35 PM
                            Hello Zac,
                            Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

                            I am impressed, if you can produce 100,000 seedlings in a year that will be great – as you said planting them will be more of a challenge, especially if they are far from the road - but please try. Let us know how it goes and how you will go about producing these seedlings – photos please of your area and your effort.

                            I am in Southern Greece, attending to family matters - the situation is "not good" - high temperatures and no rain – a bleak outlook at the moment.

                            Fukuoka-San gave us a way to correct the situation and make rains come back. It will take a massive effort on a world wide basis of tree planting, whether by seedlings seeds/stones or seed balls.

                            As mentioned before I will keep trying by seeds/stones almonds - apricots - wild pears – jujube – prunes may also work. I know cactus pear pads stuck in the ground will produce cactus without any help. The goal is to have at least 10 different types of trees or shrubs that can produce trees and ground cover without any assistance. I am trying these both at northern Greece and southern Greece – high and low elevations. The climate conditions are much more favorable at high elevations and northern Greece than, the low hills 175 – 250 meters at southern Greece.

                            I am encouraged by the low cost and good survival rate of some of these trees – nature will instruct us. A single person can plant 50 – 100 trees by seed in no time at all. Imagine what schools can do – a class of 20 1st graders can plant 400 trees in half an hour. Imagine employing the unemployed to start reforestation on a grand scale – just the money spend on a single military plane or tank can reforest thousands of acres. DO NOT JUST IMAGINE – DO DO DO start small and grow – 10, 100, 1,000 1,000,000, 10,000,000, 100,000,000, 1,000,000,000, 10,000,000,000 !!!!!!

                            Its interesting, that the old farmers in Nepal discuss the changes in the weather and how the food tasted much better – the same discussion takes place here.

                            Keep us informed Zac.

                            Can you try some of these seeds in your area and report back on the results ? Can You suggest other trees that are drought tolerant and can survive from seed without care?

                            Kostas