Re: [fukuoka_farming] "nothing at all"--ultimately useless email, nothing important at all, please read, help if you can, and delete.

  • yajnesh shetty
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 24, 2012
      ________________________________
      From: Jason Stewart <macropneuma@...>

      I still have to revisit taking you to task, *very kindly*, Sumant, from learning from Buddha (was originally Brahmin) and Buddhism's lessons

      Hello Jason,

      Just a small correction.The generally accepted version is that Buddha was born in a Kshatriya family not a Brahmin.
                                                                                                          Regards,
                                                                                                               Yaj.

    • Jason Stewart
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 25, 2012
        Thanks Yaj, you surpise me, thanks for your refinement, i'll go back and re-check my written Buddhism sources i used to write that from memory. Surprised, please can we both get some sources for this point. Or is it just some things like that in simplified English for non–Indian people who don't know what Kshatriya is, that it is generalised to a ruling class, called superficially for non-Indians a more general meaning use of the word Brahmin. Surprised, i have a clear memory of reading Buddha's story with his Brahmin (ruling class) prince early life in several Buddhist philosophy teaching books.

        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 25, 2012
          Jason under the Hindu caste system, the ruling class were Kshatriya,whereas the Brahmins were teachers,gurus,spiritual guides.The term Sakya muni used for buddha comes from the fact that he was a member of the Sakya clan which was a Kshatriya clan.
                                                                                Regards,
                                                                                   Yaj.

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 25, 2012
            Yes, extreme in the context of average Australian people's experiences, is the word i think best relates it to everyone else,
            so, yes again, and it makes you strong (or else down down down you go). As the cliche says, what doesn't kill you (as a person incl inseparable mind & body) makes you stronger (or you die personally in mental and/or physical terms)
            And i must say, i have experiences, as did my Dad to especially, of some of the most extreme 'good times' and seriously (extremely) good people.
            One highlight very briefly was with my Tibetan family friends over the last 12 years being invited by them, and going with them into the brief, immediate personal 'presence' of HH the Dalai Lama, i was there quiet as he was chatting and catching up with, briefly, the father of my Tibetan family of friends, living now permanently in Australia. The father of my Tibetan family of friends was a refugee from Tibet to India in 1959 as one of many distantly--guarding soldier guards of the party of the fleeing Dalai Lama. The father of my Tibetan family of friends was only 14 at that time and left his family behind as a 14 year old young soldier recruit never to be able to return to Tibet to this day, nor much contact with his family. So sad and so Wow--amazingly strong man nowadays! He told me the history, as he was so young a new recruit he was not in the party of the Dalai Lama, but at a long distance of many kilometres away of a large encircling number of soldiers guarding HH the Dalai Lama and his party fleeing. Once the Dalai Lama was safely over the border and fully accepted into India, also never to have yet returned, the father of my family of friends and all the soldier guards also continued over the border to India. They all set up and lived in Dharamsala for many years, then Holland/Netherlands/Norway (i forget) and south India Tibetan refugee community some years, and then c. 25 years ago some of the first refugees in Australia.
            Amazing, great, people and a bit wounded by life experiences much much harder again than mine, and so much incomprehensible for most average comfortable Australians. All i could offer them as a friend in return was some level of my greater comprehension from my life experiences, as they are now, since perhaps 15 years ago, doing very well living as now three generations of family with good comfortable homes, in a beautiful coastal area of Sydney, with many good friends, big Tibetan community now, etc. -- doing even better than me, with still their own hardships too, as all of us.
            Some more people, my mentors, some Aboriginal University professors who taught me, my second 'father' figure friend, more families' friends and so on, are seriously (extremely) good people, with very large life experiences also, and share with me great experiences.

            And also sometimes, some years, of the most ordinary, non-extreme, even dull, somewhat boring living.
            All life experiences of great richness, but not meaning richness of money, power, nor self-importance of any kind at all. Privately, a 'nobody', rich personal life experiences of all kinds of ups and downs and ordinariness.

            Regards.

            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 25, 2012
              Thanks, again. Good to be corrected by superior knowledge!

              On 25/07/2012, at 5:19 PM, yajnesh shetty wrote:

              > Jason under the Hindu caste system, the ruling class were Kshatriya,whereas the Brahmins were teachers,gurus,spiritual guides.The term Sakya muni used for buddha comes from the fact that he was a member of the Sakya clan which was a Kshatriya clan.
              > Regards,
              > Yaj.

            • yajnesh shetty
              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 25, 2012
                You are welcome Jason.These are facts that most Indians grow up learning.Glad to share.
                                                                                            Regards,
                                                                                              Yaj.

                ________________________________
                Thanks, again. Good to be corrected by superior knowledge!

                On 25/07/2012, at 5:19 PM, yajnesh shetty wrote:

                > Jason under the Hindu caste system, the ruling class were Kshatriya,whereas the Brahmins were teachers,gurus,spiritual guides.The term Sakya muni used for buddha comes from the fact that he was a member of the Sakya clan which was a Kshatriya clan.
                > Regards,
                > Yaj.

              • Ruthie Aquino
                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 25, 2012
                  Dear Jason,

                  Me again butting in...
                  Firstly I underestimated the harm some people are doing to a departed man
                  who cannot rise from the grave to defend himself from all the half-truths
                  spread about his life and teachings.
                  Half-truths are more deadly than calumny, because they masquerade as truths.
                  I am sorry if my tone seemed to you to be maternal, hey we are
                  contemporaries, Sumant's age more or less. Peers. Except that to me seen
                  your experience and learning you are an environmental scientist majoring in
                  Fukuoka, hence a reference even if the word may not be to your liking.
                  We are all products of our life experiences, I had some bad times surely
                  not as bad as yours, and I now have a better understanding of why you write
                  the way you do, in a very dense style full of details and cross-references
                  as if your word alone did not suffice.
                  In my present life among family and friends and not necessarily commercial
                  transactions but sometimes even that, too, one's word is as binding as
                  one's signature. I generally take what people say at face value.

                  I cannot but agree that a standard Ozy can't comprehend some of your
                  experiences; I have a sister in Sydney an immigrant of over forty years now
                  with a first generation of full Oz born sons and now a third generation
                  baby on the way from one of them. Even if she and I lived nearly the same
                  childhood--according to her I had it easier--still she has what are to me
                  so very superficial concerns like abs and gym and zumba, time-share at
                  Coffs, barbecue, stock market. To be fair, I haven't seen her in forty
                  years, we grew up in separate countries, but still I think if I see her
                  again the Filipino spirit would reign and erase some cultural differences.

                  Do you think that being so different, you an Ozy-Tibetan-Japanese, I a
                  French Filipina, Sumant and our other admirable Indians in this group, etc.
                  can be so identical, what with our common search for the true and natural
                  way of farming/living? To me the answer is yes because we have a universal
                  spirit and are one in nature and hoping to be one with nature.

                  My trial natural farm has so far given me zucchini, cucumber, and a few
                  tomatoes, it is a big mess full of weeds and dried grass clippings and
                  leaves and branches all tangled up hahaha. The tomatoes are running on the
                  ground, they can't stand straight up, the peppers look everyday as if they
                  would die of thirst, but the next morning they're perky again.
                  What an eyesore to the regular neighborhood gardener, but then I am no
                  regular gardener, I have announced that to one and all here, and they can
                  expect the most un-natural (to them) things from me because I am trying to
                  do natural (to me) farming.
                  Oh...guess I explained that poorly again, but you know what I mean, I'm
                  trying hard to liberate the spirit, trying hard to hear nature talk to me,
                  except that there is so much noise around that I have to keep all five
                  senses open if I were to hear her voice. She speaks too softly sometimes
                  and her voice is drowned out by hard habits to break and convention and to
                  top it all I'm not used to observing her and seeing clues she discloses
                  once in a while or all the time but I'm too deaf and blind yet.

                  best
                  RUTHIE

                  2012/7/25 yajnesh shetty <yajnesh@...>

                  > **
                  >

                  > You are welcome Jason.These are facts that most Indians grow up
                  > learning.Glad to share.
                  >

                  > Regards,
                  >
                  > Yaj.
                  >
                  > ________________________________

                • Linda Shewan
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 25, 2012
                    "I'm trying hard to liberate the spirit, trying hard to hear nature talk to
                    me, except that there is so much noise around that I have to keep all five
                    senses open if I were to hear her voice. She speaks too softly sometimes
                    and her voice is drowned out by hard habits to break and convention and to
                    top it all I'm not used to observing her and seeing clues she discloses once
                    in a while or all the time but I'm too deaf and blind yet."

                    -----------

                    I love the way you have written that last sentence Ruthie - it really
                    resonates...

                    You are doing amazing, as everyone on this list is.

                    Doing our best.

                    That's all we can do as we continue to learn from nature and each other.
                    Thank you to everyone who continues to inspire on this journey!

                    Love and peace, Linda

                    Message 9 of 24 , Jul 25, 2012
                      Dear Ruthie and Jason,
                      well, most of the time we need to shut down the sixth sense which is what many people try to address when telling you that what you are doing is wrong instead of seeing that you are trying to make sense of the madness around you. and that sense is 'non-sense'

                      but seriously, the moment you try to find solutions in standard religions, you will come up against dogma and strait jacketed thought processes. Religions believe that they have one solution for problems in different parts of the world and in different environments.
                      Jason seems to have gone through something none of us can really imagine. If we offer 'soul'utions, it will be from our own limited experiences and points of view. If it helps, fine, but generally thats not how it works. The fact that he still has chosen natural farming and not violence or bitterness as a solution is something people around him have to appreciate.

                    • Ruthie Aquino
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jul 26, 2012
                        Thanks Linda.
                        I need to know I am not alone.

                        best
                        RUTHIE

                        2012/7/26 Linda Shewan <linda_shewan@...>

                        > **
                        >

                        > "I'm trying hard to liberate the spirit, trying hard to hear nature talk to
                        > me, except that there is so much noise around that I have to keep all five
                        > senses open if I were to hear her voice. She speaks too softly sometimes
                        > and her voice is drowned out by hard habits to break and convention and to
                        > top it all I'm not used to observing her and seeing clues she discloses
                        > once
                        > in a while or all the time but I'm too deaf and blind yet."
                        >
                        > -----------
                        >
                        > I love the way you have written that last sentence Ruthie - it really
                        > resonates...
                        >
                        > You are doing amazing, as everyone on this list is.
                        >
                        > Doing our best.
                        >
                        > That's all we can do as we continue to learn from nature and each other.
                        > Thank you to everyone who continues to inspire on this journey!
                        >
                        > Love and peace, Linda

                      • Jason Stewart
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jul 28, 2012
                          Thanks Ruthie for previous...,

                          i'm tired of this verbal brutal violence in Wikipedia and also need to know in Wikipedia that i'm not alone any more as i am at the moment.

                          Worse point posed as a question cause i'm not certain,
                          is this Thomas Gibson or Dieter Brand or Bob Monie or Tim Peters who ridiculously�pretentiously calls themselves Username:Iyo-farm (Fukuoka family lives in Iyo district for 1,300 years), but who doesn't give any user page information about themselves, remaining anonymous, for continuing their nastiness and sadistically targeting me?
                          (But) Who certainly is lying in writing about living in Iyo district nearby Fukuoka family farm, and about knowing Japanese language.
                          All four above of whom previously had long histories in this group of brutally mis-characterising and misconstruing late Fukuoka, Masanobu sensei, as it suited them, with seemingly no conscience, no awareness of the violence of that, and attacking me and others whenever stood up to for it.

                          Jason Stewart
                          still busy at 4:02am in Cairns, N E QLD

                        • Marcos G.
                          Message 12 of 24 , Jul 28, 2012
                            On Saturday 28 July 2012 15:03:41 Jason Stewart wrote:
                            > Thanks Ruthie for previous...,
                            >
                            > i'm tired of this verbal brutal violence in Wikipedia and also need to know
                            > in Wikipedia that i'm not alone any more as i am at the moment.

                            If you need some help, just tell me, regards

                            > Worse point posed as a question cause i'm not certain,
                            > is this Thomas Gibson or Dieter Brand or Bob Monie or Tim Peters who
                            > ridiculously–pretentiously calls themselves Username:Iyo-farm (Fukuoka
                            > family lives in Iyo district for 1,300 years), but who doesn't give any
                            > user page information about themselves, remaining anonymous, for continuing
                            > their nastiness and sadistically targeting me? (But) Who certainly is lying
                            > in writing about living in Iyo district nearby Fukuoka family farm, and
                            > about knowing Japanese language. All four above of whom previously had long
                            > histories in this group of brutally mis-characterising and misconstruing
                            > late Fukuoka, Masanobu sensei, as it suited them, with seemingly no
                            > conscience, no awareness of the violence of that, and attacking me and
                            > others whenever stood up to for it.
                            >
                            > Jason Stewart
                            > still busy at 4:02am in Cairns, N E QLD
                            >
                            > On 26/07/2012, at 9:59 PM, Ruthie Aquino wrote:
                            > > Thanks Linda.
                            > > I need to know I am not alone.
                            > >
                            > > best
                            > > RUTHIE
                            > >
                            > > 2012/7/26 Linda Shewan <linda_shewan@...>
                            > >
                            > >> **
                            > >>

                            > >> "I'm trying hard to liberate the spirit, trying hard to hear nature talk
                            > >> to me, except that there is so much noise around that I have to keep all
                            > >> five senses open if I were to hear her voice. She speaks too softly
                            > >> sometimes and her voice is drowned out by hard habits to break and
                            > >> convention and to top it all I'm not used to observing her and seeing
                            > >> clues she discloses once
                            > >> in a while or all the time but I'm too deaf and blind yet."
                            > >>
                            > >> -----------
                            > >>
                            > >> I love the way you have written that last sentence Ruthie - it really
                            > >> resonates...
                            > >>
                            > >> You are doing amazing, as everyone on this list is.
                            > >>
                            > >> Doing our best.
                            > >>
                            > >> That's all we can do as we continue to learn from nature and each other.
                            > >> Thank you to everyone who continues to inspire on this journey!
                            > >>
                            > >> Love and peace, Linda

                            Marcos Guglielmetti

                            :::::::::::::::::: M U S I X :::::::::::::::::::::

                            ((*J*))
                            www.musix.org.ar
                            www.ovejafm.com
                            www.softwarelibre.org.ar

                            "The beginning of the mistake is from growing meat for the king and wine for the church."
                            http://www.context.org/ICLIB/IC14/Fukuoka.htm
                          • Jason Stewart
                            Message 13 of 24 , Jul 29, 2012
                              Dear Marcos,

                              As you may know the Wikipedia canvass policy clearly makes it unacceptable to canvass support for a point of view and for taking sides.
                              So thank you for your offer, but i can't respond to it in the affirmative nor in the negative.
                              See: → http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:CANVASS
                              Your activity 100% independent of me in Wikipedia may in effect help me, and more importantly help us all across earth. That's the way it should be anyway. Every person on the planet has their own 100% personal sovereignty, gets born good as a human (except mental illness and non-independent actions), and should act accordingly with it for the own powerful goodness.
                              Regards,
                              still catching up from tiredness,
                              Jason Stewart

                            • iyo.farm@ymail.com
                              Message 14 of 24 , Jul 30, 2012
                                --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Jason Stewart <macropneuma@...> wrote:

                                > I recognise (actually an embodied experience of all senses and consciousness)
                                > a really genuinely evil person, a real devil as sneaky and devious as they are ...
                                > a consciously, deliberately sadistic person

                                Hi Folks,

                                I am that "really genuinely evil person, a real devil".

                                I thought I should take this opportunity to put Jason's comments into context and defend my position. I think Fukuoka's legacy on the Wikipedia is best served by a modest, factual and balanced topic not a rambling, exaggerated 'hagiography'. I know nothing of the past politics nor individuals Jason mentions.

                                From my point of view, other editors and I have rescued the topic from being Jason's own personal obsession as he has a tendency to be too verbose and edit in an idiosyncratic manner. I have also encouraged him to invest himself in creating some other kind of online resource on Fukuoka instead, e.g. a Wikia.com wiki, where he can go into as much detail as he wants.

                                The problems with Jason's editing include that he want to try and include 'all and everything' about Fukuoka. He has a difficult time accepting anything remotely critical, however well grounded, and his use of language is just a little too exaggerated.

                                Judge for yourself. Here is the article as it was when Jason had control over it;

                                http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Masanobu_Fukuoka&oldid=412312843

                                Here it is now;

                                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masanobu_Fukuoka

                                I'd like to encourage Jason to share any references he has on the talk page but not to do too much to the topic. A Wikipedia topic cannot be a "shrine" to a guru. They have to be neutral and balanced. Nor is the Wikipedia meant to an archival repository of all material relating to a subject.

                                If anyone cares to help, please do but remember that sometimes "less is more".

                                Thank you.

                                Now, does that really sound so "evil" and "sadistic"?
                              • Linda Shewan
                                Message 15 of 24 , Jul 30, 2012
                                  Hi all,

                                  I am reluctant to speak but I cannot stand aside when others are attacked.

                                  I have a lot of respect for you Jason and I understand you were very upset
                                  when you wrote the past emails, but I also have a lot of respect for others,
                                  like Dieter Brand who you mention below as a nasty and sadistic person. From
                                  the writings in email lists I have seen over the years I simply do not see
                                  this as representative of him in any way. I have a lot of respect for his
                                  years of practice in natural farming. Saying things like this about others
                                  is hurtful at best and simply unnecessary... we can all make our own
                                  judgements from facts, not personal insults.

                                  Wikipedia is a broad use encyclopaedia that people use for an introduction
                                  to a topic. It needs to be a simple and concise document - as seen in almost
                                  all Wikipedia entries. From a lay persons perspective I do see that the
                                  editing that was done has actually made the article more readable and
                                  understandable to people being first introduced to the topic. If readers are
                                  interested in detailed information there are other avenues for these details
                                  in his books and other articles about him.

                                  Jason - I understand that you like to have as many details as possible and a
                                  full bibliography and references, however Wikipedia may not be the place for
                                  this. I don't believe the editing was a personal attack on you as most
                                  Wikipedia entries are edited. In fact that is the reason there is so much
                                  controversy about people using Wikipedia as a 'real' encyclopaedia.

                                  The idea about creating your own page for Fukuoka san might be a very good
                                  idea. Certainly I would love to see all of your knowledge in one space, as I
                                  imagine many of the others on this list at least would!

                                  With respect for all, Linda

                                  Message 16 of 24 , Jul 31, 2012
                                    I went through both versions and i do feel that the newer version would be a simpler(better?) read for somebody who is just finding out about Fukuoka san.I can understand Jason being aggrieved considering the fact that he has put in so much work into his version but his style of writing is not an easy read and he tries to to say too many things all at once.
                                    We on the forum have got used to it by now but to a newcomer it maybe a bit too much.
                                     I hope no offense is taken because none is intended.Just wanted to give my view from a neutral stand point.
                                                                                                                                 Regards,
                                                                                                                                    Yaj.

                                    ________________________________
                                    > I recognise (actually an embodied experience of all senses and consciousness)
                                    > a really genuinely evil person, a real devil as sneaky and devious as they are ...
                                    > a consciously, deliberately sadistic person

                                    Hi Folks,

                                    I am that "really genuinely evil person, a real devil".

                                    I thought I should take this opportunity to put Jason's comments into context and defend my position. I think Fukuoka's legacy on the Wikipedia is best served by a modest, factual and balanced topic not a rambling, exaggerated 'hagiography'. I know nothing of the past politics nor individuals Jason mentions.

                                    From my point of view, other editors and I have rescued the topic from being Jason's own personal obsession as he has a tendency to be too verbose and edit in an idiosyncratic manner. I have also encouraged him to invest himself in creating some other kind of online resource on Fukuoka instead, e.g. a Wikia.com wiki, where he can go into as much detail as he wants.

[...]

                                  • Nandan Palaparambil
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Jul 31, 2012
                                      Like a moderator in the list, probably there should be some one selected to put these information on WiKi and during his time, his version can be put in the web. But if there are any mistakes in the editing, that can be pointed by others and can be corrected. Voting would have been another option, but not easy to implement.

                                      I had enjoyed communicating with some off the earlier active members like Dieter Brand, and I had received lot of guidance from them at the initial stages. There were lot of such interesting people who had come and gone. There will be differences in view points that should be accommodated, but personal attacks on individuals should not happen.

                                      Jason, iyo.farm - My salute to both of you for taking so much effort and time to spread Fukuoka san's message to the world.

                                      Regards,
                                      Nandan

                                      ________________________________
                                      > I recognise (actually an embodied experience of all senses and consciousness)
                                      > a really genuinely evil person, a real devil as sneaky and devious as they are ...
                                      > a consciously, deliberately sadistic person

                                      Hi Folks,

                                      I am that "really genuinely evil person, a real devil".

                                      I thought I should take this opportunity to put Jason's comments into context and defend my position. I think Fukuoka's legacy on the Wikipedia is best served by a modest, factual and balanced topic not a rambling, exaggerated 'hagiography'. I know nothing of the past politics nor individuals Jason mentions.

                                      From my point of view, other editors and I have rescued the topic from being Jason's own personal obsession as he has a tendency to be too verbose and edit in an idiosyncratic manner. I have also encouraged him to invest himself in creating some other kind of online resource on Fukuoka instead, e.g. a Wikia.com wiki, where he can go into as much detail as he wants.

                                      Message 18 of 24 , Sep 9, 2012
                                        Dear sir/madam,

                                        Please, your native language is?