help me grow cover crop

  • G. G. Hegde
    Message 1 of 58 , Jun 18, 2012
      Hi,

      Went to farm to get it tilled, but looking at the current state decided
      against it, i thought i would give a try of just broadcasting the seeds on
      this land.
      Attached picture (
      https://picasaweb.google.com/107270409155087747774/June152012?authkey=Gv1sRgCOXFp9bwke-cuwE#5755368449109960802)
      gives
      the current state, monsoon has started and these weeds (for lack of better
      word) have grown and the seeds might not get washed away. Have broadcast
      Diancha over 1000sq ft of land. If there is reasonable germination i would
      continue with broadcast or else i might have to get it ploughed lightly.

      Rajuji, need your expert advice.

      regards,
      Hegde

      On Sunday, June 10, 2012, G. G. Hegde wrote:

      > Hello All,
      >
      > I plan to start the cultivation of my land starting from this year. One of
      > the local farmer will be cultivating paddy on on around 2 acres of land. I
      > plan to fill the rest of the land with diancha and cowpea. What is the
      > best way to start growing this. I was thinking of having it ploughed
      > lightly around 1 ft apart and put this seeds and close it as this land was
      > last cultivated more than 15 years back.
      >
      > There is absolutely no ground cover here, so if i just broadcast the
      > seeds, i m sure all will be washed away because of heavy rain ( around
      > 3M/year of rain). Please validate my plan and let me know if i have to do
      > anything different. My plan next is to have rubber and banana.
      >
      > thanks and regards,
      > Hegde GG

    • G. G. Hegde
      Message 58 of 58 , Oct 7, 2012