help me grow green manure

  • G. G. Hegde
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2012
      Hello All,

      I plan to start the cultivation of my land starting from this year. One of
      the local farmer will be cultivating paddy on on around 2 acres of land. I
      plan to fill the rest of the land with diancha and cowpea. What is the
      best way to start growing this. I was thinking of having it ploughed
      lightly around 1 ft apart and put this seeds and close it as this land was
      last cultivated more than 15 years back.

      There is absolutely no ground cover here, so if i just broadcast the seeds,
      i m sure all will be washed away because of heavy rain ( around 3M/year of
      rain). Please validate my plan and let me know if i have to do anything
      different. My plan next is to have rubber and banana.

      thanks and regards,
      Hegde GG