Re: [fukuoka_farming] Natural Farming at Children's school in Thailand

  • Larry Haftl
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 6, 2002
      At Thursday, 07 November 2002, Napi wrote:

      >The message quoted below is from & about our Circle School.

      Hi Napi,
      My original confusion was whether you were asking about putting something
      on our site, or whether someone from the Thai school was talking
      about their website.

      Personally, I am in favor of just about anyting that helps kids learn
      and grow through mechanisms other than the social indoctrination
      process commonly referred to as "school".

      > The question about your (our, thank you for writing that welcome)
      >website is: will there be a place to collect works of particular
      >usefulness to early childhood educators? Not to design that children
      >playing on children's' homework research sites will come to it, but
      >that teachers who are trying to slip such an effort into an embalmed
      >curriculum might find life there.

      I can make the place if you can make the content and active participants
      of this list generally think it's a good idea (if they don't, I'd
      be willing to make a place for it on my own website). It's easy for
      me to turn text and graphics into webpages, it would not be easy
      for me to write the text or create the graphics. You would have to
      do that.

      >Many 'teachers'
      >gardening sites are written in a way to suppress any connection with
      >following the nature of the child or of the garden.

      So are many "teachers" non-gardening sites, and curiculum come to
      think of it.

      >Again, Sir, please do not see this question as to push for the
      >impossible or inappropriate.

      Always feel free to question and push. Nature and the webmaster will
      let you know when something is really impossible or inappropriate.

      One reservation though... would I have to make the button "cute"?
      I've never talked "cute" to a kid in my life. Always thought there
      were just people with limited experience temporarily trapped in very
      short bodies.

      Larry Haftl
      larry@...
      http://larryhaftl.com/fukuoka
      http://FukuokaNaturalFarming.org
    • Robin, Maya, or Napi
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 6, 2002
        That was as cute as a button ever needs to be. G'night to all who
        are still at work.