Iroha Revolutionary Verses いろは 革命歌 EN+JP (a fully enjoyable publication for learning, different topic)

  • Jason Stewart
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2012
      Dear Fukuoka farming friends

      福岡正信 [Fukuoka Masanobu]
      2009 February 2
      "いろは革命歌" [iroha kakumei uta]
      "Iroha Revolutionary Verses "

      His last testament and creation---he stated officially in writing.
      A fully bilingual publishing, in Japanese and English.
      Fukuoka, Masanobu's 47 hand-written classical song-verses (bilingual) with drawings, in pen and ink, and stunningly good photographs;
      One card each for the 47 syllables, arranged in the classical iroha*-order of Japanese syllables;
      Includes a bilingual Fukuoka, Masanobu biography commentary booklet by Shōjaku, Mutsumi,
      having records of all his published works, bibliography, patents, tv program features and interviews, etc., and main life accomplishments, together with the song verses cards;
      (Japanese) bilingually with (English) translations - created with seven* translators, editors and contributors;
      53p 15×10cm.
      Posthumously self-published in 2009 Feb 2,
      by 自然樹園 (小心舎) [Shizen Juen (Shou Shin Sha)]
      –one of his own self-publishing-publisher-names.
      In print
      Available worldwide from a 'Japanese Non Profit (charity) environmental organisation', based near Fukuoka Family Farms, in Ehime Prefecture,
      and from some of his key associates.
      ISBN 978-4-938743-03-1.

      Notes:
      *1 -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iroha
      *2 not including at all Larry Korn, Chris Pearce nor '...diebrand...'.

      Hoping you all have your own copies of this, his wonderful literary, last testament, document.

      If not, then please show so, here in this group, if you have a serious interest in reading it, as the community will assist you to purchase or obtain it.

      As many of the western(-ised) people, but not all, of this our small group have been doing,
      if you all wanna operate like an ideological island, ideologically isolated from collaborative group community efforts---usual ('normal') western people's (hyper-)individualism,
      then collaborative group community efforts get diminished by that isolated individualism, logically.

      For three or more years now,
      i've been sending citations to this group about this beautifully presented and wonderful publication: "Iroha Revolutionary Verses".

      In the back of my mind, thinking that if this community replies with real interest and can seriously collaborate together better than it has---get away from (hyper-)individualist--ego--typical aggressive mode of thinking, at odds with late Fukuoka Masanobu sensei's expressed criticism of aggressive western philosophy(s), and as per PermaCult's attempted expropriation, attempted domination and implicit--aggressive arrogating western philosophy---
      Then make some start to group--community--centred actions, rather than mere collections of individual actions.

      Then we as a group could make a purchase a set of "Iroha Revolutionary Verses" (bilingual English and Japanese),
      delivered to a central trusted distributor. I suggest in India.
      Then soon distribute all we purchase to all seriously interested people in the world. If they can pay for it okay. If they genuinely (with evidence) can't pay for it, okay too.

      At approximately US$35-45 each including bulk delivery, it is not too much to dream that this group could one day work together as a genuine Fukuoka farming community (not as individualistic tangents, of PermaCult and other diversions),
      to bulk purchase one hundred copies of "Iroha Revolutionary Verses".
      Perhaps by 50 people contributing perhaps a measly US$50--100 each, for those who can afford it,
      that approximately $4000 can purchase those one hundred copies and then soon after distribute them to serious people all over the world, including people in Africa, India, Tibet and perhaps China who cannot afford to buy it at all, as well as one copy to each contributor.
      It's not a big money deal.
      But this group has continually been trolled by non serious writers who have individualistic tangents of PermaCult and other cult like pre-occupations.
      Bill Mollison himself said in writing in 1978 that his proposals are "immature" compared to late Fukuoka Masanobu sensei's ways (PermaCult fanboys: don't believe me on that---i am an honest person---i dare you to ask me for a reference source for that!).
      This same kind of immaturity (philosophically at least) has still manifested itself today in more today, of what has been continuous aggressive individualistic competitiveness for one-up-man-ship and attention---a crass, pathetic, banal, gross waste of time.

      i'm very happy to know from a scholar associate of late Fukuoka Masanobu sensei's in Japan, that already mid last year:
      In Greece some purchased and were selling 40 copies of "Iroha Revolutionary Verses いろは革命歌" [iroha kakumei uta]".
      In Italy some purchased and sold 100 copies of "Iroha Revolutionary Verses いろは革命歌" [iroha kakumei uta]"!

      Dear Kostas, if you catch this little curiosity of mine at the bottom of this message,
      i suppose you know about that?
      How is it going with interest there, and learning from his last creation: "Iroha Revolutionary Verses いろは革命歌" [iroha kakumei uta]"?

      Sharing biggest best true nature with all,

      Jason Stewart
      --currently in Cairns, Bama country, The Wet Tropics of far north Queensland.
      --Openly accepting of (my) membership of, my part within, nature.

      PS:
      On another much more bright note:
      Shikigami in Japan—much to do with Fukuoka farming—a New Zealander English speaking man and his Japanese wife,
      now has a wonderful new bilingual website, as well as their wonderful blog we've been talking about previously in the group:
      -> http://shikigami.net/

    • Ruthie Aquino
      Message 2 of 2 , May 5, 2012
        Dear Jason,
        I am interested and I shall contribute or invest, as long as a reliable way
        to go about it is agreed.
        I agree to having an Indian depository, if the Indian postal service is
        reliable.
        If no agreement regarding a depository is reached, I am still interested in
        acquiring a copy of those revolutionary verses.
        On a totally different note, I am willing to support the creation of a
        natural seed bank with guaranteed natural seeds, but do not volunteer to
        open it because of my isolation and complete ignorance. Maybe a seed list
        can be a start... Although natural farming uses local seeds and resources
        I would not mind having some Happy Hill rice, for example.
        Best regards
        RUTHIE