two recent permaculture podcasts

  • paul wheaton
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12 7:44 AM
      Podcast 136: Review of chapter 9 of Gaia's Garden: SUPER GUILDS!

      One of the coolest things in this chapter is certain guilds that are
      grass suppressing. (hint: walnuts + hackberry); this is a chapter
      where we discover lots of differences between the first edition and
      the second edition; snowberry/buckbrush and saponins; poison oak
      says "you humans screwed this up, so stay out while I fix it!"

      http://www.richsoil.com/permaculture/1708-136-gaias-garden-chapter-9/

      Podcast 137: Helen Atthowe (former Fukuoka intern) gives feedback on
      the conference "Eco Farm" where, according to Helen, the super heroes
      of "beyond organic" large scale ag go to hang out once a year. Helen
      talks a little about veganic permaculture, which is what she presented
      on there. And then she talks about some of the presentations she
      attended. She said that there was a LOT of stuff moving toward
      permaculture. A lot of Salatin style stuff, plus a lot of ag efforts
      that are merging annuals, perennials and animals in the systems.
      Green manures, living mulches, cover cropping, lower til systems ....
      We talk about some different ideas on what IPM means. We talk about
      how biodynamic compares to permaculture.

      http://www.richsoil.com/permaculture/1717-137-eco-farm/

      --

      Sign up for my daily-ish email, or my devious plots for world
      domination: http://www.richsoil.com/email.jsp