Pesticides hit queen bee numbers

  • Q Farm
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2012
      Some of the world's most commonly used pesticides are killing bees by damaging their ability to navigate and reducing numbers of queens, research suggests.

      Scientific groups in the UK and France studied the effects of neonicotinoids, which are used in more than 100 nations on farm crops and in gardens.

      The UK team found the pesticides caused an 85% drop in queen production.

      Writing in the journal Science, the groups note that bee declines in many countries are reducing crop yields.

      Complete News

      http://pakagri.blogspot.com/2012/03/pesticides-hit-queen-bee-numbers.html%c2%a0

      Queue
      Q-Farms and Assoc / Pakistan
      My Blog / My Twitter / My Facebook / My Google+ / My Linkedin / My Yahoo