Re: [fukuoka_farming] Question about the website

  • Justin .
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2002
      Great idea. But how about entitling it "Projects", or "Our experiments" or
      something - more direct and understandable. When you hold the mouse over the
      link, you know that little box that appears to tell you what it will link
      to? That could say "putting Fukuoka's ideas into practise around the world".
      Why I think this is all important? I think many of us don't have the time to
      explore all the links of every website, unless we know what they link to and
      that it is what we want.

      I think that that section is actually the most important part of the
      website. Fukuoka is in essence a practical man. I feel therefore a practical
      website is in order. And I think we would help the world (really!) if we
      could help gather these reports and experiments together, input them and
      make them accessable. Learning from experience takes much energy. Learning
      from the experience of others aids this process greatly. And sharing is the
      way forward.
      Darwin put his whole emphasis for evolution on natural selection - survival
      of the fittest! What he did not understand so well were the laws of
      self-organisation, and the great role of co-operation.
      Justin.

      >Perhaps a new subsection called, for lack of a better though, "And
      >Beyond", where we could post articles about projects that are variations
      >or site-specific implementations of Fukuoka's methods. My thought
      >was that it may be useful to separate "work-in-progress" articles
      >from the more general articles.

    • Beatrice Gilboa
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 8, 2002
        From: "Larry Haftl" wrote:
        >>My thought was that it may be useful to separate "work-in-progress"
        articles
        from the more general articles.

        I agree, and wouldn't like to see the web site saturated with to much of
        non-fukuoka articles that anyway we can find easily on other sites.

        Thank you Larry for your great work anyway.

        Beatrice
        Israel