Re: [fukuoka_farming] about hand held seed dibblers....

  • Anant Joglekar
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 10, 2012
      I have uploaded relevant 4 files in the groups files section.

      1  broadcasting.pdf
           SEED BROADCASTER
      2  Plant seeds while standing.pdf
          Plant seeds while standing
      3  Seeder&Planter.pdf
          Seeder and Planter
      4  Stand & Plant Seeder & Planter.pdf
          STAND AND PLANT SEEDER

      You might have got the announcement by now.

      Hope It may serve the purpose.

      anant joglekar
      9423089706

      >________________________________

    • Nandan Palaparambil
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 11, 2012
        Arjun,

        I was also looking for the seeder at one point, but didn't buy one. Here is one found during my search.

        http://agritech.tnau.ac.in/agricultural_engineering/agriengg_fmp_commercial_naveen_dibbler.html

        Please see the site where there is news about Sreekanth of Vanashree has bought a seeder (US product) and he says it is an effective one.

        http://www.vanashree.in/Latest_News.htm%c2%a0-%c2%a0%c2%a0Earthway Precision Seeder

        I am not sure, if these are meant for planting through mulch.

        What kind of seeds are you planning to use? May be some local variety which grows tall may be an option since they can compete with grass well. During my search for seeds found that there are some upland varieties which needs less care. But the yield seems to be very bad, some has yields 500-600Kgs/hectre and looking for slightly better ones.

        According to the history the High Yielding Varieties (HYV) came to solve the problem of low yield of the local varieties and they expect chemical fertilisers and give good yield. It is a surprising fact for me that Fukuoka san got 1000Kgs per quarter acre with natural farming. If we watch photos of Fukuoka san's paddy field, but you can clearly see they are yielding good.

        Regards,
        Nandan

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 11, 2012
          Arjun
          Just got a cycle weeder from Wardha Chetna Vikas for 750. Trying it this
          year in groundnut. Do not know if it can work in rice. Too much chikal will
          be there and huge chunks will come up. It works well if the soil is dry and
          does not uproot the crop. They have 3 attachments to cater to different
          distances in crop sowing. There is a person in Wada Mr Wadekar who has made
          a seed ball dribbler. I went and saw the same but did not think it will
          work for me. Have resorted to just sprinkling the seeds and it works for
          me.
          ps. Am going to Wardha on 17th. If u wish can get u one. Please do let me
          know
          Best
          Venkat

        • richa.pant@gmail.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 12, 2012
            Hi Venkat,
            Could you post some pictures of your weeder please.
            Thanks
            Richa
            The Himalayan Farm Project
            Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

            Just got a cycle weeder from Wardha Chetna Vikas for 750. Trying it this
            year in groundnut. Do not know if it can work in rice. Too much chikal will
            be there and huge chunks will come up. It works well if the soil is dry and
            does not uproot the crop. They have 3 attachments to cater to different
            distances in crop sowing. There is a person in Wada Mr Wadekar who has made
            a seed ball dribbler. I went and saw the same but did not think it will
            work for me. Have resorted to just sprinkling the seeds and it works for
            me.
            ps. Am going to Wardha on 17th. If u wish can get u one. Please do let me
            know
            Best
            Venkat

            On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 12:50 PM, dobighazameen <dobighazameen@...>wrote:

            > **
            >

            > dear friends.
            >
            > In my quest to reach 'no-till' farming by June 2012 (for rice) i am
            > looking for "hand held seed dibblers" & a "bicycle weeder" (sorry i'm not
            > confident yet to grow rice without weeding). Do let me know if anyone has
            > any clue where to acquire it.
            >
            > All manufacturers in India is catering for attachments for tillers &
            > tractors.
            >
            > There is one available with the National Innovation Foundation, but
            > unfortunately the products are not available now.
            >
            > Please do let me know & best wishes to all.
            >
            > Arjun

          • Do bigha Zameen
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 12, 2012
              Dear Harish,

              thanx so much for sharing your experiances

              regards,

              arjun

              ________________________________
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 12, 2012
                venkat/ravi..... hi,

                i was talking of a cycle wheel weeder, it basically has a handle (similar to bicycle), one bicycle wheel, with tyre & a weeder V shaped weeder attachment below, so that we can walk through two rows of rice or whatever crop we are growing.

                Anyway send a snap of the one you got from wardha either here or to me directly.....then will be able to decide for myself.

                Both you & Harish are suggesting that broadcasting by hand is better.....but still i would prefer to try one seed dibbler

                regards,

                Arjun

                ________________________________
                Just got a cycle weeder from Wardha Chetna Vikas for 750. Trying it this
                year in groundnut. Do not know if it can work in rice. Too much chikal will
                be there and huge chunks will come up. It works well if the soil is dry and
                does not uproot the crop. They have 3 attachments to cater to different
                distances in crop sowing. There is a person in Wada Mr Wadekar who has made
                a seed ball dribbler. I went and saw the same but did not think it will
                work for me. Have resorted to just sprinkling the seeds and it works for
                me.
                ps. Am going to Wardha on 17th. If u wish can get u one. Please do let me
                know
                Best
                Venkat

                On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 12:50 PM, dobighazameen <dobighazameen@...>wrote:

                > **
                >

                > dear friends.
                >
                > In my quest to reach 'no-till' farming by June 2012 (for rice) i am
                > looking for "hand held seed dibblers" & a "bicycle weeder" (sorry i'm not
                > confident yet to grow rice without weeding). Do let me know if anyone has
                > any clue where to acquire it.
                >
                > All manufacturers in India is catering for attachments for tillers &
                > tractors.
                >
                > There is one available with the National Innovation Foundation, but
                > unfortunately the products are not available now.
                >
                > Please do let me know & best wishes to all.
                >
                > Arjun

              • Boovarahan Srinivasan
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 13, 2012
                  To my knowledge seed dribblers work well in dry , tilled lands for row
                  seeding.
                  They are not useful in wet field conditions esp. rice fields.
                  I'd prefer triangular planting of grain seeds at regular intervals manually
                  ,though it is a back breaking work.
                  If one does not care much about weeding , the easiest way is to scatter
                  seeds in standing crops.

                  Making seed balls is also a good alternative but time consuming.

                  On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 10:22 AM, Do bigha Zameen
                  <dobighazameen@...>wrote:

                  > **
                  >

                  > venkat/ravi..... hi,
                  >
                  > i was talking of a cycle wheel weeder, it basically has a handle (similar
                  > to bicycle), one bicycle wheel, with tyre & a weeder V shaped weeder
                  > attachment below, so that we can walk through two rows of rice or whatever
                  > crop we are growing.
                  >
                  > Anyway send a snap of the one you got from wardha either here or to me
                  > directly.....then will be able to decide for myself.
                  >
                  > Both you & Harish are suggesting that broadcasting by hand is
                  > better.....but still i would prefer to try one seed dibbler
                  >
                  > regards,
                  >
                  > Arjun
                  >
                  > ________________________________

                  Boovarahan S
                  Chennai.
                  09962662717 (Vodafone) , 08825889492 (Videocon)

                • Venkat Iyer
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 16, 2012
                    that is exactly what i have. dont have pic will take and post

                    <dobighazameen@...>wrote:

                    > **
                    >

                    > venkat/ravi..... hi,
                    >
                    > i was talking of a cycle wheel weeder, it basically has a handle (similar
                    > to bicycle), one bicycle wheel, with tyre & a weeder V shaped weeder
                    > attachment below, so that we can walk through two rows of rice or whatever
                    > crop we are growing.
                    >
                    > Anyway send a snap of the one you got from wardha either here or to me
                    > directly.....then will be able to decide for myself.
                    >
                    > Both you & Harish are suggesting that broadcasting by hand is
                    > better.....but still i would prefer to try one seed dibbler
                    >
                    > regards,
                    >
                    > Arjun
                    >
                    > ________________________________

                    Venkat Iyer
                    203, Madhyam Society,
                    M G Road, Goregaon (West),
                    Mumbai - 400 062
                    India
                    Tel (Res) : 91-22-28728169
                    (Mob) : 9820052606
                    (Farm) : 91-2528-690182

                  • devaraja tn
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 16 4:22 AM
                      Take a look at this cycle weeder. We use it in our KVK and few farmers are also adapting it.
                      Regards,
                      Dev

                      ________________________________

                      Just got a cycle weeder from Wardha Chetna Vikas for 750. Trying it this
                      year in groundnut. Do not know if it can work in rice. Too much chikal will
                      be there and huge chunks will come up. It works well if the soil is dry and
                      does not uproot the crop. They have 3 attachments to cater to different
                      distances in crop sowing. There is a person in Wada Mr Wadekar who has made
                      a seed ball dribbler. I went and saw the same but did not think it will
                      work for me. Have resorted to just sprinkling the seeds and it works for
                      me.
                      ps. Am going to Wardha on 17th. If u wish can get u one. Please do let me
                      know
                      Best
                      Venkat

                      On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 12:50 PM, dobighazameen <dobighazameen@...>wrote:

                      > **
                      >

                      > dear friends.
                      >
                      > In my quest to reach 'no-till' farming by June 2012 (for rice) i am
                      > looking for "hand held seed dibblers" & a "bicycle weeder" (sorry i'm not
                      > confident yet to grow rice without weeding). Do let me know if anyone has
                      > any clue where to acquire it.
                      >
                      > All manufacturers in India is catering for attachments for tillers &
                      > tractors.
                      >
                      > There is one available with the National Innovation Foundation, but
                      > unfortunately the products are not available now.
                      >
                      > Please do let me know & best wishes to all.
                      >
                      > Arjun

                    • Anant Joglekar
                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 16 5:53 AM
                        Link missing

                        anant joglekar
                        9423089706

                        >________________________________

                      • devaraja tn
                        Message 11 of 14 , Mar 17 2:16 AM
                          Please check this. Might have missed the file accidentally.
                          Regards,
                          Dev

                          >Take a look at this cycle weeder. We use it in our KVK and few farmers are also adapting it.
                          >Regards,
                          >Dev

                        • Harish Amur
                          Message 12 of 14 , Mar 20 8:47 PM
                            You may be trying to attach a file in your email. That will not work with
                            yahoo groups. Please upload the photo somewhere and share that link.

                            If not, I am sorry for having spoken too early :)

                            Regards,
                            Harish