Presentation in less than 4 hours: "The Biggest Estate on Earth: Aboriginal land management through history"

  • Jason Stewart
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2012
      Dear everybody,

      Please enjoy this online event less than 4 hours from now (info in my email forwarded below)
      --- major lecture on "Australian land management through history" from ancient times thousands of years ago until the present day times, of history
      --- presented by renowned Australian historian Professor Bill Gammage (Australian National University), not a scientists, a critic of Australian science, and
      --- presented by Australia's premier national and international science organisation, The Australian Academy of Science.

      Biggest best wishes with all,

      Mr. Jason Stewart

      Begin forwarded message:

      > From: Jason P Stewart
      > Subject: REMINDER: Re: Talk in ACT 7 Feb - The Biggest Estate on Earth: Aboriginal land management through history
      > Date: 7 February 2012 1:37:59 PM AEDT
      >

      > Indeed, again a reminder for all, tonight:
      > [snipped]
      >
      > The Biggest Estate on Earth: Aboriginal land management through history

      > (→ http://www.science.org.au/events/publiclectures/ac/gammage.html ← link)
      >
      > Adjunct Professor Bill Gammage
      >
      > Humanities Research Centre, Australian National University
      >
      > Live streaming links, multiple options:
      > → http://science.org.au/events/publiclectures/ac/gammage.html/ (scroll down to the video)
      > (via, by redirection→ http://www.science.org.au/livestream/ )
      > (and also via → http://www.science.org.au/events/publiclectures/ac/ )
      > also: → http://www.livestream.com/shinedome (stream alternative direct link)
      >
      > —hopefully the final streams–links for today's event;
      >
      > Tuesday 7 February 2012, 6 pm - THIS LECTURE IS NOW FULL [–full Shine Dome attendance]
      >
      > That is 6pm Australian Eastern Daylight–Savings time (EDT), which is:
      > 8am UTC (Coordinated Universal Time (UTC/Greenwich Mean time GMT, for international recipients of this email)

      > [snipped]
      >
      > Below some corrections, updates and additions to the listing of articles by or about Prof. Bill Gammage's big recent book:

      > Biggest Estate on Earth: How Aborigines Made Australia
      > —corrections of the formatting problems of the previous listing, caused by posting copy+pasted newspaper headings in the Google Groups reply message window;
      > —some additions of more articles, found since sending that previous listing;
      > —hoping this listing's formatting doesn't also get messed up by the copying+pasting and in the sending.
      >
      > Long listing of Bill Gammage's related lectures, interviews, appearances, reviews of the book and so on:
      >
      > (1 Oct 2011, again) The first farmers by Tony Stephens (Books article) Sydney Morning Herald, syndicated in The Canberra Times, The Age (Melbourne) and Fairfax company papers across Australia.
      > (8 Oct 2011) A land crafted by social endeavour by Nicolas Rothwell; review of the book in the: Books (section), The Australian (newspaper).
      > (11 Oct 2011) How Aborigines planned and managed Australia, Interview with Michael McKenzie about the new book, story by Greg Muller, (audio); ABC Radio National Bush Telegraph program.
      > (14 Oct 2011) Experts debate the value of prescribed burning by Greg Muller, (audio), "Michael Mackenzie speaks with Charles Meredith from Biosis Research; Tony Pedro, farmer near the Tingle forest in WA"; ABC Radio National Bush Telegraph program – effectively a closely timely followup to the 11 Oct 2011 interview with Bill Gammage critiquing some interpretations of Bill Gammage's "The Biggest Estate on Earth".
      > (14 Oct 2011) Launch of the book by Premier of Tasmania Lara Giddings, Fullers Bookshop, Hobart, second photo of two, (event in facebook).
> [...]

      [snipped the rest of the forwarded email's quotations of previous emails in the firesticks Australian google group, which this was a reply to.