grafting, yes, no, sometimes, when and how

  • Pietro
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2012
      Dear all,
      what is your opinion on grafting?

      I would like to plant a food forest, and I would like to do it as much as possible using natural farming methods. As such I started contacting people next to me who sell small trees. What I was surprised was that everybody seem to graft trees. I never realised how common the practice it. When I said that I would like my plant not to be grafted at al I was told that I would then run the risk that it might not bear fruit at all or bear not pleasent fruit. What do you think about it?

      Many thanks,
      Pietro
    • Raju Titus
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2012
        Growing fruit trees by direct seeding is always better but seeds must be
        from original plants. Grafted also do well in natural environment.
        Thanks
        Raju

        --
        Raju Titus. Hoshangabad. 461001.India.
        +919179738049.

      • Pietro
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 12, 2012
          Thank you very much.
          So grafting is not necessarily wrong.
          I will try not to graft, but will consider it if necessity arises.

          Regards,
          Pietro