Re: [fukuoka_farming] creating markets for NF

  • Boovarahan Srinivasan
    Message 1 of 27 , Feb 5, 2012
      Yugi !

      Nice write up .

      Let's not bother about what others might say or think. Let's be honest to
      our conscience .
      While NFs like others require some other things than food , which have to
      be bought by money , there is no harm in selling excess NF products for
      profit , but not exorbitantly priced . And Nf is just a part of broader
      perspective of understanding life and nature. The thought which occurred to
      Fukuoka on his Satori was " Nature is perfect in all respects and there is
      nothing to be done to improve it " . Once our minds tread the path of money
      and material comforts , we start to deviate from nature . That's how
      electric fans and aircons have taken precedence over simple hand made palm
      leaf fans and just enjoying natural breeze.

      My view is we can not change the world but we can change ourselves. Most of
      our members may not agree but the hard fact is this. So many great people
      in all over the world have tried to do this but in vain. People who seek
      truth and nature have always been a minority and will continue to be. But
      those minority can have their doubts cleared by interaction / exchange of
      views from other members of similar purpose.

      Regards.

      On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 8:54 PM, Yugandhar S <s.yugandhar@...> wrote:

      > This may hurt a few.
      >
      > I think everyone is missing one point. Right now, we have a society which
      > is being 'educated' to believe by all means that 'Low price = Low quality'.
      > The consumer mindset must change. He must understand that 'value' not the
      > price and quality. So, if a NF saint is selling his produce with the modest
      > profits( i mean low price ), people will not believe in the first place,
      > that it is good food.
      >
      > Any NFarmer who is able to produce enough to sell, WILL know that he has no
      > ethical right to price his produce equal to or higher than conventional
      > produce. But he need to put LOT of effort to explain to people why his
      > produce is cheaper despite it being better in every aspect than the
      > conventional produce. Probably until then, he can charge higher ( to
      > satisfy himself ) because he will help that consumer fed on chemicals to
      > avoid some trips to the doctor.
      >
      > Food is not a commodity or service. It is the RIGHT of every living
      > creature. In fact it is LIFE. Please do not compare it with other excesses
      > of life including clothing. Future is not going to be easy and rosy. Our
      > loved conveniences of today are going to be the trouble makers of tomorrow.
      > I read an article about a lady in japan ( or some eastern nation) who sells
      > vegetables. She has earned lot of money by working in a market which closes
      > at 2 pm, but she sells up to 8 pm. That money is used to help poor people
      > who need expensive medical treatment. She started to do this (working from
      > 3 am to 8 pm), after she realized that there of not enough money to save
      > the life of one of her family members. The only striking thing that I liked
      > was when she says that she still sleeps on the cold bare floor, because if
      > she sleeps on a mattress, she cannot get up at 3 am to start her days work
      > due to the comfort. That is how she is living up to her ideals.
      >
      > In Telugu, there is saying : "Alu ledhu , choolu ledhu, koduku peru
      > somalingam". It means: "There is not wife yet, she is not pregnant yet, but
      > it is decided to name the son 'Somalingam'". Let the practicing NFarmers
      > grow food that satisfies their needs first and then go beyond.
      >
      > Best Regards
      > Yugandhar

      Boovarahan S
      Chennai.
      09962662717 (Vodafone) , 08825889492 (Videocon)

    • Harish Amur
      Message 2 of 27 , Feb 5, 2012
        "Please do not compare it with other excesses of life including clothing."

        You misunderstood me. I was trying to tell you that when you are not
        influenced by the market forces, many basic things can also be sold at a
        reasonable price. And I gave example of clothing too.

        "there is no harm in selling excess NF products for profit , but not
        exorbitantly priced ."

        I am not sure if this line is challenging any of my writing, but here is my
        opinion. I never said that NF produce should be sold at 'no-profit'. When I
        sold my jaggery at the market price, I did make around Rs. 20 per kilo,
        which is quite good. However I could have sold it at double the market
        price, as the organic produce sells, I could have made much much more
        money.

        Regards,
        Harish

        On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 8:54 PM, Yugandhar S <s.yugandhar@...> wrote:

        > Please do not compare it with other excesses
        > of life including clothing.

      • Yugandhar S
        Message 3 of 27 , Feb 5, 2012
          Harish ji,
          I was not at all referring to your writing about the price of clothing.
          In fact, what you wrote was correct. My intention was to say that food is
          the one and only 'MUST' requirement to sustain life for the vast majority
          of beings ( leaving aside spiritually evolved beings called yogis, saints,
          rishis etc who are believed to forgo even food for extremely long periods).

          I was talking to everyone who wrote earlier on this thread, not any single
          person.

          Best Regards
          Yugandhar

          On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Harish Amur <harishamur@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > "Please do not compare it with other excesses of life including clothing."
          >
          > You misunderstood me. I was trying to tell you that when you are not
          > influenced by the market forces, many basic things can also be sold at a
          > reasonable price. And I gave example of clothing too.
          >

          > "there is no harm in selling excess NF products for profit , but not
          > exorbitantly priced ."
          >
          > I am not sure if this line is challenging any of my writing, but here is my
          > opinion. I never said that NF produce should be sold at 'no-profit'. When I
          > sold my jaggery at the market price, I did make around Rs. 20 per kilo,
          > which is quite good. However I could have sold it at double the market
          > price, as the organic produce sells, I could have made much much more
          > money.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Harish
          >

          > On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 8:54 PM, Yugandhar S <s.yugandhar@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Please do not compare it with other excesses
          > > of life including clothing.

        • Raju Titus
          Message 4 of 27 , Feb 5, 2012
            Dear friends,
            I am growing grain,vegetables ,fruits,milk for my family ,workers and
            for my friends, if excess send to market .And Share these things with
            severely ill cansor like patients. Seeds are also in demand. I am selling
            fire woods which is coming from my farm in abundance in half prize. What i
            want to say that growing in abundance is only possible in NF. Growing base
            must be first for ourselves than for market. For natural things i am not
            going in market consumers cumming to my farm.
            Community base agriculture which is suggested by Koshikji is also good
            way for natural farmers and non farming community which knows natural is
            better. Burden of marketing should be shared by consumers directly. Natural
            farmer always be happy in sharing things in lower prize with honer.
            We feel not good in sitting near by roads for sailing our precious
            things.
            Raju

            On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Harish Amur <harishamur@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > "Please do not compare it with other excesses of life including clothing."
            >
            > You misunderstood me. I was trying to tell you that when you are not
            > influenced by the market forces, many basic things can also be sold at a
            > reasonable price. And I gave example of clothing too.
            >

            > "there is no harm in selling excess NF products for profit , but not
            > exorbitantly priced ."
            >
            > I am not sure if this line is challenging any of my writing, but here is my
            > opinion. I never said that NF produce should be sold at 'no-profit'. When I
            > sold my jaggery at the market price, I did make around Rs. 20 per kilo,
            > which is quite good. However I could have sold it at double the market
            > price, as the organic produce sells, I could have made much much more
            > money.
            >
            > Regards,
            > Harish
            >

            > On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 8:54 PM, Yugandhar S <s.yugandhar@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Please do not compare it with other excesses
            > > of life including clothing.

            Raju Titus. Hoshangabad. 461001.India.
            +919179738049.
            http://picasaweb.google.com/rajuktitus
            fukuoka_farming yahoogroup
            http://rishikheti.blogspot.com/

          • Ruthie Aquino
            Message 5 of 27 , Feb 5, 2012
              Thank you for the last line, dear Raju, Sir.
              And for all the lines before it.

              RUTHIE

            • Anant Joglekar
              Message 6 of 27 , Feb 6, 2012
                That's that,  The last line "We feel not good in sitting near by roads for sailing our precious things" is very important and one should engrave it on one's soul while LIVING NF.

                anant joglekar
                9423089706

                Message 7 of 27 , Feb 6, 2012
                  Raju Sir,
                  Salutes to your wisdom. You hit the nail bang on!!!

                  Regards
                  Yugandhar

                  Message 8 of 27 , Feb 7, 2012
                    I have heard that in some organic farms ( not Nf ) , the farmers had no
                    difficulty in selling their produce. The affluent come in cars at the time
                    of harvest and take away the produce by giving cash . They are not
                    merchants or middlemen but they buy it for their own use.

                    Raju sir is definitely a yogi , that's why he sells the excess produce at
                    cheaper rates. I don't think everybody will follow him in the marketing
                    line but I am sure his methods are real eye opener for a good number of us.
                    Kudos to him and his noble mind.

                    Message 9 of 27 , Feb 7, 2012
                      Dear friend,
                      This is not noble or yogi work this is a simple rule if you are getting
                      sufficient amount in simple and easy work of sailing things and your
                      product coming to you in less effort.Overall marketing in high prize is not
                      easy work. Only middle man can do this work not farmer.
                      Raju