Re: [fukuoka_farming] creating markets for NF

  • Yugandhar S
    Message 1 of 27 , Feb 4, 2012
      This may hurt a few.

      I think everyone is missing one point. Right now, we have a society which
      is being 'educated' to believe by all means that 'Low price = Low quality'.
      The consumer mindset must change. He must understand that 'value' not the
      price and quality. So, if a NF saint is selling his produce with the modest
      profits( i mean low price ), people will not believe in the first place,
      that it is good food.

      Any NFarmer who is able to produce enough to sell, WILL know that he has no
      ethical right to price his produce equal to or higher than conventional
      produce. But he need to put LOT of effort to explain to people why his
      produce is cheaper despite it being better in every aspect than the
      conventional produce. Probably until then, he can charge higher ( to
      satisfy himself ) because he will help that consumer fed on chemicals to
      avoid some trips to the doctor.

      Food is not a commodity or service. It is the RIGHT of every living
      creature. In fact it is LIFE. Please do not compare it with other excesses
      of life including clothing. Future is not going to be easy and rosy. Our
      loved conveniences of today are going to be the trouble makers of tomorrow.
      I read an article about a lady in japan ( or some eastern nation) who sells
      vegetables. She has earned lot of money by working in a market which closes
      at 2 pm, but she sells up to 8 pm. That money is used to help poor people
      who need expensive medical treatment. She started to do this (working from
      3 am to 8 pm), after she realized that there of not enough money to save
      the life of one of her family members. The only striking thing that I liked
      was when she says that she still sleeps on the cold bare floor, because if
      she sleeps on a mattress, she cannot get up at 3 am to start her days work
      due to the comfort. That is how she is living up to her ideals.

      In Telugu, there is saying : "Alu ledhu , choolu ledhu, koduku peru
      somalingam". It means: "There is not wife yet, she is not pregnant yet, but
      it is decided to name the son 'Somalingam'". Let the practicing NFarmers
      grow food that satisfies their needs first and then go beyond.

      Best Regards
      Yugandhar

    • Boovarahan Srinivasan
      Message 2 of 27 , Feb 5, 2012
        Yugi !

        Nice write up .

        Let's not bother about what others might say or think. Let's be honest to
        our conscience .
        While NFs like others require some other things than food , which have to
        be bought by money , there is no harm in selling excess NF products for
        profit , but not exorbitantly priced . And Nf is just a part of broader
        perspective of understanding life and nature. The thought which occurred to
        Fukuoka on his Satori was " Nature is perfect in all respects and there is
        nothing to be done to improve it " . Once our minds tread the path of money
        and material comforts , we start to deviate from nature . That's how
        electric fans and aircons have taken precedence over simple hand made palm
        leaf fans and just enjoying natural breeze.

        My view is we can not change the world but we can change ourselves. Most of
        our members may not agree but the hard fact is this. So many great people
        in all over the world have tried to do this but in vain. People who seek
        truth and nature have always been a minority and will continue to be. But
        those minority can have their doubts cleared by interaction / exchange of
        views from other members of similar purpose.

        Regards.

        On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 8:54 PM, Yugandhar S <s.yugandhar@...> wrote:

        > This may hurt a few.
        >
        > I think everyone is missing one point. Right now, we have a society which
        > is being 'educated' to believe by all means that 'Low price = Low quality'.
        > The consumer mindset must change. He must understand that 'value' not the
        > price and quality. So, if a NF saint is selling his produce with the modest
        > profits( i mean low price ), people will not believe in the first place,
        > that it is good food.
        >
        > Any NFarmer who is able to produce enough to sell, WILL know that he has no
        > ethical right to price his produce equal to or higher than conventional
        > produce. But he need to put LOT of effort to explain to people why his
        > produce is cheaper despite it being better in every aspect than the
        > conventional produce. Probably until then, he can charge higher ( to
        > satisfy himself ) because he will help that consumer fed on chemicals to
        > avoid some trips to the doctor.
        >
        > Food is not a commodity or service. It is the RIGHT of every living
        > creature. In fact it is LIFE. Please do not compare it with other excesses
        > of life including clothing. Future is not going to be easy and rosy. Our
        > loved conveniences of today are going to be the trouble makers of tomorrow.
        > I read an article about a lady in japan ( or some eastern nation) who sells
        > vegetables. She has earned lot of money by working in a market which closes
        > at 2 pm, but she sells up to 8 pm. That money is used to help poor people
        > who need expensive medical treatment. She started to do this (working from
        > 3 am to 8 pm), after she realized that there of not enough money to save
        > the life of one of her family members. The only striking thing that I liked
        > was when she says that she still sleeps on the cold bare floor, because if
        > she sleeps on a mattress, she cannot get up at 3 am to start her days work
        > due to the comfort. That is how she is living up to her ideals.
        >
        > In Telugu, there is saying : "Alu ledhu , choolu ledhu, koduku peru
        > somalingam". It means: "There is not wife yet, she is not pregnant yet, but
        > it is decided to name the son 'Somalingam'". Let the practicing NFarmers
        > grow food that satisfies their needs first and then go beyond.
        >
        > Best Regards
        > Yugandhar

        Boovarahan S
        Chennai.
        09962662717 (Vodafone) , 08825889492 (Videocon)

      • Harish Amur
        Message 3 of 27 , Feb 5, 2012
          "Please do not compare it with other excesses of life including clothing."

          You misunderstood me. I was trying to tell you that when you are not
          influenced by the market forces, many basic things can also be sold at a
          reasonable price. And I gave example of clothing too.

          "there is no harm in selling excess NF products for profit , but not
          exorbitantly priced ."

          I am not sure if this line is challenging any of my writing, but here is my
          opinion. I never said that NF produce should be sold at 'no-profit'. When I
          sold my jaggery at the market price, I did make around Rs. 20 per kilo,
          which is quite good. However I could have sold it at double the market
          price, as the organic produce sells, I could have made much much more
          money.

          Regards,
          Harish

          On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 8:54 PM, Yugandhar S <s.yugandhar@...> wrote:

          > Please do not compare it with other excesses
          > of life including clothing.

        • Yugandhar S
          Message 4 of 27 , Feb 5, 2012
            Harish ji,
            I was not at all referring to your writing about the price of clothing.
            In fact, what you wrote was correct. My intention was to say that food is
            the one and only 'MUST' requirement to sustain life for the vast majority
            of beings ( leaving aside spiritually evolved beings called yogis, saints,
            rishis etc who are believed to forgo even food for extremely long periods).

            I was talking to everyone who wrote earlier on this thread, not any single
            person.

            Best Regards
            Yugandhar

            On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Harish Amur <harishamur@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > "Please do not compare it with other excesses of life including clothing."
            >
            > You misunderstood me. I was trying to tell you that when you are not
            > influenced by the market forces, many basic things can also be sold at a
            > reasonable price. And I gave example of clothing too.
            >

            > "there is no harm in selling excess NF products for profit , but not
            > exorbitantly priced ."
            >
            > I am not sure if this line is challenging any of my writing, but here is my
            > opinion. I never said that NF produce should be sold at 'no-profit'. When I
            > sold my jaggery at the market price, I did make around Rs. 20 per kilo,
            > which is quite good. However I could have sold it at double the market
            > price, as the organic produce sells, I could have made much much more
            > money.
            >
            > Regards,
            > Harish
            >

            > On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 8:54 PM, Yugandhar S <s.yugandhar@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Please do not compare it with other excesses
            > > of life including clothing.

          • Raju Titus
            Message 5 of 27 , Feb 5, 2012
              Dear friends,
              I am growing grain,vegetables ,fruits,milk for my family ,workers and
              for my friends, if excess send to market .And Share these things with
              severely ill cansor like patients. Seeds are also in demand. I am selling
              fire woods which is coming from my farm in abundance in half prize. What i
              want to say that growing in abundance is only possible in NF. Growing base
              must be first for ourselves than for market. For natural things i am not
              going in market consumers cumming to my farm.
              Community base agriculture which is suggested by Koshikji is also good
              way for natural farmers and non farming community which knows natural is
              better. Burden of marketing should be shared by consumers directly. Natural
              farmer always be happy in sharing things in lower prize with honer.
              We feel not good in sitting near by roads for sailing our precious
              things.
              Raju

              On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Harish Amur <harishamur@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > "Please do not compare it with other excesses of life including clothing."
              >
              > You misunderstood me. I was trying to tell you that when you are not
              > influenced by the market forces, many basic things can also be sold at a
              > reasonable price. And I gave example of clothing too.
              >

              > "there is no harm in selling excess NF products for profit , but not
              > exorbitantly priced ."
              >
              > I am not sure if this line is challenging any of my writing, but here is my
              > opinion. I never said that NF produce should be sold at 'no-profit'. When I
              > sold my jaggery at the market price, I did make around Rs. 20 per kilo,
              > which is quite good. However I could have sold it at double the market
              > price, as the organic produce sells, I could have made much much more
              > money.
              >
              > Regards,
              > Harish
              >

              > On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 8:54 PM, Yugandhar S <s.yugandhar@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Please do not compare it with other excesses
              > > of life including clothing.

              Raju Titus. Hoshangabad. 461001.India.
              +919179738049.
              http://picasaweb.google.com/rajuktitus
              fukuoka_farming yahoogroup
              http://rishikheti.blogspot.com/

            • Ruthie Aquino
              Message 6 of 27 , Feb 5, 2012
                Thank you for the last line, dear Raju, Sir.
                And for all the lines before it.

                RUTHIE

              • Anant Joglekar
                Message 7 of 27 , Feb 6, 2012
                  That's that,  The last line "We feel not good in sitting near by roads for sailing our precious things" is very important and one should engrave it on one's soul while LIVING NF.

                  anant joglekar
                  9423089706

                  Message 8 of 27 , Feb 6, 2012
                    Raju Sir,
                    Salutes to your wisdom. You hit the nail bang on!!!

                    Regards
                    Yugandhar

                    Message 9 of 27 , Feb 7, 2012
                      I have heard that in some organic farms ( not Nf ) , the farmers had no
                      difficulty in selling their produce. The affluent come in cars at the time
                      of harvest and take away the produce by giving cash . They are not
                      merchants or middlemen but they buy it for their own use.

                      Raju sir is definitely a yogi , that's why he sells the excess produce at
                      cheaper rates. I don't think everybody will follow him in the marketing
                      line but I am sure his methods are real eye opener for a good number of us.
                      Kudos to him and his noble mind.

                      Message 10 of 27 , Feb 7, 2012
                        Dear friend,
                        This is not noble or yogi work this is a simple rule if you are getting
                        sufficient amount in simple and easy work of sailing things and your
                        product coming to you in less effort.Overall marketing in high prize is not
                        easy work. Only middle man can do this work not farmer.
                        Raju