creating markets for NF

  • Kaushik katari
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 26, 2012
      I think this is a very relevant question: what is the market for NF and
      what is a fair price. It is true that NF cannot, and should not meet
      'unnatural' demands, like products out of season or extreme consistency in
      shape and size. I have read stories of the square tomato, to enable packing
      and prevent rolling.

      One such possibility of a market is Community Supported Agriculture (CSA).
      The farmer or a group of farmers establishes a direct relationship with a
      group of families. The families agree to pay a fixed and fair price to
      procure all the produce from the farmers (usually over a six month period).
      The consumer then gets to know where the produce comes from, establishes a
      relationship with the farmer, and shares in the risk of the farming. The
      farmer can focus on the quality of the crop, without being thrown around by
      market instabilities.

      This has been successful in the US on a small scale, and apparently there
      is a CSA in Sweden with up to 50000 members. I think using the internet, it
      should be easy to connect farmers and health conscious consumers in a CSA
      model.

      Kaushik

      --
      please note new phone number: 510-213-9867

    • Raju Titus
      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 26, 2012
        Yes koshikji this is possible but consumer must learn N.F. and in future
        must do farming. Because this is not limited up to food living with nature
        is also important.
        Raju
        On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 5:57 PM, Kaushik katari <katari@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > I think this is a very relevant question: what is the market for NF and
        > what is a fair price. It is true that NF cannot, and should not meet
        > 'unnatural' demands, like products out of season or extreme consistency in
        > shape and size. I have read stories of the square tomato, to enable packing
        > and prevent rolling.
        >
        > One such possibility of a market is Community Supported Agriculture (CSA).
        > The farmer or a group of farmers establishes a direct relationship with a
        > group of families. The families agree to pay a fixed and fair price to
        > procure all the produce from the farmers (usually over a six month period).
        > The consumer then gets to know where the produce comes from, establishes a
        > relationship with the farmer, and shares in the risk of the farming. The
        > farmer can focus on the quality of the crop, without being thrown around by
        > market instabilities.
        >
        > This has been successful in the US on a small scale, and apparently there
        > is a CSA in Sweden with up to 50000 members. I think using the internet, it
        > should be easy to connect farmers and health conscious consumers in a CSA
        > model.
        >
        > Kaushik
        >
        > --
        > please note new phone number: 510-213-9867

        Raju Titus. Hoshangabad. 461001.India.
        +919179738049.
        http://picasaweb.google.com/rajuktitus
        fukuoka_farming yahoogroup
        http://rishikheti.blogspot.com/

      • Harish Amur
        Message 3 of 27 , Jan 30, 2012
          I too had this kind of a thought. I started wearing my old IT hat and
          started to arrive at a costing based on time and materials spent. Very soon
          I was made to realise that you don't do that kind of math in farming.

          The organic produce is sold at a higher price with this kind of thinking.
          We ought to lose our industrial mindset to do farming. Farming is at the
          bottom of the pyramid. Food is a basic need and not a commodity. It ought
          to be treated very differently. Technology, its products, its jobs are
          entirely disposable. So one can have a game.

          Please tell me otherwise. I sold the jaggery we made at the normal market
          rate, while the organic one sells for twice as much.

          Regards,
          Harish
          On 26-Jan-2012 7:36 PM, "Raju Titus" <rajuktitus@...> wrote:

          > Yes koshikji this is possible but consumer must learn N.F. and in future
          > must do farming. Because this is not limited up to food living with nature
          > is also important.
          > Raju
          > On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 5:57 PM, Kaushik katari <katari@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > I think this is a very relevant question: what is the market for NF and
          > > what is a fair price. It is true that NF cannot, and should not meet
          > > 'unnatural' demands, like products out of season or extreme consistency
          > in
          > > shape and size. I have read stories of the square tomato, to enable
          > packing
          > > and prevent rolling.
          > >
          > > One such possibility of a market is Community Supported Agriculture
          > (CSA).
          > > The farmer or a group of farmers establishes a direct relationship with a
          > > group of families. The families agree to pay a fixed and fair price to
          > > procure all the produce from the farmers (usually over a six month
          > period).
          > > The consumer then gets to know where the produce comes from, establishes
          > > relationship with the farmer, and shares in the risk of the farming. The
          > > farmer can focus on the quality of the crop, without being thrown around
          > by
          > > market instabilities.
          > >
          > > This has been successful in the US on a small scale, and apparently there
          > > is a CSA in Sweden with up to 50000 members. I think using the internet,
          > it
          > > should be easy to connect farmers and health conscious consumers in a CSA
          > > model.
          > >
          > > Kaushik
          > >
          > > --
          > > please note new phone number: 510-213-9867

          > --
          > Raju Titus. Hoshangabad. 461001.India.
          > +919179738049.
          > http://picasaweb.google.com/rajuktitus
          > fukuoka_farming yahoogroup
          > http://rishikheti.blogspot.com/

        • Shashi Kumar
          Message 4 of 27 , Jan 30, 2012
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            this is a dichotomy we face --

            1) Not all the consumers can/will do farming (natural or otherwise)
            2) people who can't do farming have to earn their livelihood by some other
            means...
            3) they need food -- I do not see any reason consumers will not pay for
            close to nature food
            4)
            -
            +

            Message 5 of 27 , Jan 30, 2012
              Higher rate in organic is cheating. First of all products are not organic.
              Second all certificates are also not true. All chemical free products are
              also not organic. Tilling is killing is not organic process.Crops grown
              naturally are only true organic can be sold in lower pries because low in
              put and high yield.
              Thanks
              Raju

            • Ruthie Aquino
              Message 6 of 27 , Jan 31, 2012
                Thank you Rajuji for this simple demonstration.
                It puts our ideas in the right places.

                RUTHIE

              • Boovarahan Srinivasan
                Message 7 of 27 , Jan 31, 2012
                  Thanks a lot Raju sir !

                  I have been wondering why NF / organic produce should cost more .
                  In NF / organic farming input cost is minimal when compared to chemical
                  farming and the farm output is comparable to chemical farming but for a
                  slightly reduced output in the initial years. In such a case if we sell the
                  NF produce at a lesser rate naturally the market will pick up. But
                  unfortunately NF produce is sold at higher price . It defies logic.
                  > Higher rate in organic is cheating. First of all products are not organic.

                  > > Second all certificates are also not true. All chemical free products are
                  > > also not organic. Tilling is killing is not organic process.Crops grown
                  > > naturally are only true organic can be sold in lower pries because low in
                  > > put and high yield.
                  > > Thanks
                  > > Raju
                  >

                  > Boovarahan S

                  Chennai.
                  09962662717 (Vodafone) , 08825889492 (Videocon)

                • Anant Joglekar
                  Message 8 of 27 , Jan 31, 2012
                    It is a very interesting discussion.

                    Logically when we say in NF there is no input or low input cost, ultimately cost of production is less and accordingly it should be sold at a lessor price than a produce of high input chemical farming is sold.

                    But, it is true if and only if you work yourself and sell only the excess of what you need for self consumption.

                    Here the limiting factor is YOU.It means YOU alone cant manage more than 1/4 th of an acre i.e. 10 gunthas of land, you live a life style where you depend on whatever you grow and you have to limit all other needs requiring CASH to the extent you earn it from whatever Excess you sell after self consumption.

                    Practically in present time I think, this type of lifestyle is impossible for a common man.

                    I would appeal all the members to come forward and share the information in detail about those who live this kind of bountiful life in present, which I would dream and love to live.

                    anant joglekar
                    9423089706

                    Message 9 of 27 , Jan 31, 2012
                      Anant,
                      What you are saying is a fact.
                      Income from selling excess produce on a small plot can not suffice to buy
                      you a computer, cellphone, flatscreen TV, car, holiday, send your kids to
                      university and so on and so forth.
                      The truth is we have many needs, and it would be difficult for me, for one,
                      to cancel my fast internet connection or give up my computer with which I
                      communicate.
                      It is also because our society is a consumer society, profit is seen as a
                      necessity lest we be called foolish, and we can add to this list.
                      Like you I would like to hear personal testimonies from NF farmers who live
                      a natural life as Fukuoka tried to do, and still enjoy the benefits of
                      modern living.
                      best
                      RUTHIE

                      Message 10 of 27 , Jan 31, 2012
                        value is notional; Da Vinci art for a man on the street is no value, but
                        for some it is most valued, so pricing is very subjective, depends on
                        various factors... there can't be ideal view of looking at organic or
                        natural product pricing they should be cheaper...

                        IMHO here are few facts (at least in my limited experience..)

                        1. NF does take lot of effort and working at ground level. As pointed out
                        by some post earlier - do nothing means, NOT doing anything against nature,
                        but it takes lot of effort to NOT do anything against nature.

                        2. Taking natural produce to consumers takes lot of effort and money in
                        terms of logistics management.
                        Hence the produce is priced very high; there is no other reason. It will be
                        interesting to get further insights on what Fukuoka used to do with the
                        produce from his farm he used to sell.

                        On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Raju Titus <rajuktitus@...> wrote:

                        > Higher rate in organic is cheating. First of all products are not organic.
                        > Second all certificates are also not true. All chemical free products are
                        > also not organic. Tilling is killing is not organic process.Crops grown
                        > naturally are only true organic can be sold in lower pries because low in
                        > put and high yield.
                        > Thanks
                        > Raju
                        >
                        > On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 9:34 AM, Harish Amur <harishamur@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > > **
                        >

                        > > I too had this kind of a thought. I started wearing my old IT hat and
                        > > started to arrive at a costing based on time and materials spent. Very
                        > soon
                        > > I was made to realise that you don't do that kind of math in farming.
                        > >
                        > > The organic produce is sold at a higher price with this kind of thinking.
                        > > We ought to lose our industrial mindset to do farming. Farming is at the
                        > > bottom of the pyramid. Food is a basic need and not a commodity. It ought
                        > > to be treated very differently. Technology, its products, its jobs are
                        > > entirely disposable. So one can have a game.
                        > >
                        > > Please tell me otherwise. I sold the jaggery we made at the normal market
                        > > rate, while the organic one sells for twice as much.
                        > >
                        > > Regards,
                        > > Harish
                        > >
                        > > On 26-Jan-2012 7:36 PM, "Raju Titus" <rajuktitus@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > > Yes koshikji this is possible but consumer must learn N.F. and in
                        > future
                        > > > must do farming. Because this is not limited up to food living with
                        > > nature
                        > > > is also important.
                        > > > Raju

                        > and
                        > consistency
                        > > > in
                        > > > packing

                        > > > (CSA).
                        > > with a
                        > > > period).
                        > > establishes
                        > > The
                        > > around
                        > > > by

                        > > there
                        > > internet,
                        > > > it
                        > > CSA

                        > > > --
                        > > > Raju Titus. Hoshangabad. 461001.India.
                        > > > +919179738049.
                        > > > http://picasaweb.google.com/rajuktitus
                        > > > fukuoka_farming yahoogroup
                        > > > http://rishikheti.blogspot.com/

                        > --
                        > Raju Titus. Hoshangabad. 461001.India.
                        > +919179738049.
                        > http://picasaweb.google.com/rajuktitus
                        > fukuoka_farming yahoogroup
                        > http://rishikheti.blogspot.com/

                      • Nandan Palaparambil
                        Message 11 of 27 , Jan 31, 2012
                          From Harish's points...

                          > We ought to lose our industrial mindset to do farming. Farming is at the
                          > bottom of the pyramid. Food is a basic need and not a commodity. It ought
                          > to be treated very differently. Technology, its products, its jobs are
                          > entirely disposable. So one can have a game.

                          Why should a farmer (who makes a living by selling food) sells his produce for meager cost, while all technology, products, services labor etc are heavily priced?

                          Boovarahan - take an example of your rice experiment and apply it for 2 acres (small scale farmer) of land and see with that income a family of 4 (typical family) can make a decent living. With the current pricing I think it is not possible.

                          Regards,
                          Nandan

                          ________________________________
                          I have been wondering why NF / organic produce should cost more .
                          In NF / organic farming input cost is minimal when compared to chemical
                          farming and the farm output is comparable to chemical farming but for a
                          slightly reduced output in the initial years. In such a case if we sell the
                          NF produce at a lesser rate naturally the market will pick up. But
                          unfortunately NF produce is sold at higher price . It defies logic.
                          > Higher rate in organic is cheating. First of all products are not organic.

                          > > Second all certificates are also not true. All chemical free products are
                          > > also not organic. Tilling is killing is not organic process.Crops grown
                          > > naturally are only true organic can be sold in lower pries because low in
                          > > put and high yield.
                          > > Thanks
                          > > Raju
                          >

                          > Boovarahan S

                          Chennai.
                          09962662717 (Vodafone) , 08825889492 (Videocon)

                        • yajnesh shetty
                          Message 12 of 27 , Jan 31, 2012
                            ________________________________
                            From: Nandan Palaparambil <p_k_nandanan@...>

                            Why should a farmer (who makes a living by selling food) sells his produce for meager cost, while all technology, products, services labor etc are heavily priced?

                            ****** I agree! If you have a product that you feel is better for the health and well being of the purchaser and his loved ones ones then it is your right to price it as you see fit.There ought to be no guilt associated with it.After all the buyer has free choice.
                            I repeat that the only way natural farming will catch on is if the present "conventional/chemical "farmers feel that NF will give them a decent if not better income without the additional expenses associated with NPK farming.
                                                                                                                                                                Regards,
                                                                                                                                                                 Yaj.

                          • Ruthie Aquino
                            Message 13 of 27 , Jan 31, 2012
                              Friends,
                              A very humble point I would like to raise : should we aligne ourselves with
                              conventional farming as suggested above? Reading Fukuoka's literature I
                              understood NF stands at a different plane from the farming we were born
                              into, in the sense that NF is only one of the many manifestations of a
                              lifestyle. We are farmers or farmers-to-be in this group, but if we were
                              cooks then Fukuoka's outlook would apply, if we were builders Fukuoka's
                              thoughts would also apply.

                              Sir Raju recently said the ultimate aim is to make everyone take up NF.
                              That could start by making people realize the taste of natural food. Now,
                              that can be possible if it is made available to all layers of society and
                              not only to those who can afford to pay for high-quality food. However, as
                              has been pointed out, NF can incur costs like labor, packaging,
                              farm-to-market transportation, what have you. One wold be a fool not to
                              include those costs in the selling price of one's goods.

                              No matter how hard I think I see the ultimate aim ofmaking everyone take up
                              NF nearly impossible to attain. How do we reorganize the whole of human
                              society?
                              I was talking with friends the other day, saying France should put the
                              budget it allocates to Defense and Space Exploration into education and
                              farming instead. There was an outcry, saying NO! France should be able to
                              defend itself from attackers.
                              Maybe...yes maybe...I am being na�ve in thinking France has no enemies, and
                              that wars are over.

                              best
                              RUTHIE

                              2012/1/31 yajnesh shetty <yajnesh@...>

                              > **
                              >

                              > ________________________________
                              > From: Nandan Palaparambil <p_k_nandanan@...>
                              >

                              > Why should a farmer (who makes a living by selling food) sells his produce
                              > for meager cost, while all technology, products, services labor etc are
                              > heavily priced?
                              >
                              > ****** I agree! If you have a product that you feel is better for the
                              > health and well being of the purchaser and his loved ones ones then it is
                              > your right to price it as you see fit.There ought to be no guilt associated
                              > with it.After all the buyer has free choice.
                              > I repeat that the only way natural farming will catch on is if the present
                              > "conventional/chemical "farmers feel that NF will give them a decent if not
                              > better income without the additional expenses associated with NPK farming.
                              >
                              > Regards,
                              >
                              > Yaj.

                            • Harish Amur
                              Message 14 of 27 , Jan 31, 2012
                                Sri. Kaushik had started this thread with a different point, that of local
                                markets and the discussion is going elsewhere, towards costing or pricing.
                                And I realise now that I created that diversion. Kaushikji, sorry!

                                But, while we are on that topic, here is what I think. Basic needs of life,
                                such as food, shelter and clothing are at the bottom of the pyramid. Basic
                                industries such as pottery etc. on the next level. Educaction, as in
                                schooling, college etc the next level etc. The top of the pyramid is
                                governance, politics, mammoth capitalists and bit lower to that is the
                                services industry. If there is an economic disaster and we arrive at a
                                world that is very different from today, which part of the pyramid will I
                                sacrifice? Which one of these is a luxury?

                                Further, the markets started playing a 'game'. The money involved in this
                                game is artificial. Now this game is being seen as a normal or acceptable
                                way of life.

                                I ask myself often 'Can I survive if there is no internet? Or if there are
                                no mobile phones? If I do not have cars or motorbikes for transportation?'
                                And the answer I get is 'Yes, I can'. In fact, my childhood was with bare
                                essentials. I walked to school. My father got a phone at home only after I
                                graduated. We never had a powered vehicle till I completed pre university
                                college. Then, aren't all these a luxury and not necessarily basic needs of
                                life? Am I not trying to play the 'game' by applying the same rules to the
                                basic needs of life such as food?

                                Let me also share another thought on 'Clothing'. Those of you in Bangalore
                                may have been to the 'Desi' store. Desi sells cotton clothes made by
                                'handlooms'. They have a handloom unit near Shivamogga and it is called
                                'Charaka'. Cotton yarn (or thread), the cloth and stitching are all done or
                                prepared using manual (human) power. It is a true handloom unit. They sell
                                a 'kurta'(a shirt) for Rs. 300. These kurtas are of the highest quality and
                                are very comfortable. The entire setup is a profit centre. They provide
                                work for many needy women. A very similar kind of cloth is used for a lot
                                of clothing that we get at other 'hep' stores in Bangalore for a sky-high
                                price. This is a 'game'.

                                I am weary of the 'game'. I know that if I am able (as in financially) and
                                is in a position to write to this group, am able to buy a piece of land,
                                attempting NF - it is because I have money that I made from this 'game'.
                                But, that still does not justify me playing the 'game'.

                                I sincerely believe that there is life outside of the perceived financial
                                and social world. There are also global signs that tell us that many of us
                                are becoming weary of the greed that enables us to be in the top 1%.

                                Regards,
                                Harish

                              • Tp India
                                Message 15 of 27 , Jan 31, 2012
                                  Hello all,

                                  Excellent writeup Harishji.Though this may be another story (of mine) but it is related to this subject of Greed and sacrifice.I recently bought a new p.c and I had a plan to add all those programs/games/applications which I had in my old p.c.Due to hectic schedules I could not able to install them in new p.c and today when I am writing this reply from new p.c I almost forgot and came out of greed to use old applications!
                                  So Harishji you are hitting the deck,I am impressed by the contents of your mail,keep sharing your wonderful thoughts.
                                  bye and regards,
                                  Tpindia

                                  ________________________________
> [...]

                                  > > ________________________________
                                  > > From: Nandan Palaparambil <p_k_nandanan@...>
                                  > >

                                  > > Why should a farmer (who makes a living by selling food) sells his
                                  > produce
                                  > > for meager cost, while all technology, products, services labor etc are
                                  > > heavily priced?
                                  > >
                                  > > ****** I agree! If you have a product that you feel is better for the
                                  > > health and well being of the purchaser and his loved ones ones then it is
                                  > > your right to price it as you see fit.There ought to be no guilt
                                  > associated
                                  > > with it.After all the buyer has free choice.
                                  > > I repeat that the only way natural farming will catch on is if the
                                  > present
                                  > > "conventional/chemical "farmers feel that NF will give them a decent if
                                  > not
                                  > > better income without the additional expenses associated with NPK

                                • Boovarahan Srinivasan
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Feb 1, 2012
                                    I am excited to know different views but my basic question is this :

                                    Forget about our basic needs or luxuries.
                                    Let's assume there are two people , say adjacent farmers , each having the
                                    same area of farm. One practices NF and the other chemical farming. If they
                                    cultivate the same grain , say rice, and sell their excess produce at the
                                    same rate , whose profitability will be more ? I am quite sure that the Nf
                                    will give more money than chemical farming in such a case.

                                    Acquiring wealth for the sake of luxury is a different issue . In fact it
                                    is this mad race for quick money which helped chemical farming gain a foot
                                    hold and became an octopus. Once being drawn into this vicious cycle
                                    farmers find no way , no mental strength or determination rather, to come
                                    out of the clutches of chemical farming.

                                    Mr Karikalan sells his NF rice at Rs. 80/= per kilo while the chemically
                                    grown superfine rice is available at Rs. 40/= per kilo in the open market.
                                    Since there are just a few natural farmers , he is able to get such an
                                    income. If natural farmers become the majority ( at least in future ) , I
                                    don't think their produce will get such a high price since there will be
                                    abundant supply of grains grown through NF. In such a case the prices will
                                    definitely nosedive.

                                    My point is not against NFs gain more money but my idea is to sell produce
                                    of NF at a lower rate since it is economically viable, and give produce of
                                    chemical farming a tough fight , making people consume healthy grains of NF
                                    and popularise NF and edge out chemical farming in the long run.

                                    Message 17 of 27 , Feb 1, 2012
                                      Here is the link of a couple who had left their job and lives from income from farming. They don't do natural farming, but organic farming, kids are home schooled etc..

                                      http://jaindarpan.com/Ebooks/Ebooks_Word/Two_Thoreaus_Of_Sakwa_County.doc

                                      another report of the same couple in

                                      http://ananthoosupdates.blogspot.in/search/label/interesting%20folks - under the heading Extra ordinary couple

                                      Regards,
                                      Nandan

                                      ________________________________

                                      Message 18 of 27 , Feb 4, 2012
                                        This may hurt a few.

                                        I think everyone is missing one point. Right now, we have a society which
                                        is being 'educated' to believe by all means that 'Low price = Low quality'.
                                        The consumer mindset must change. He must understand that 'value' not the
                                        price and quality. So, if a NF saint is selling his produce with the modest
                                        profits( i mean low price ), people will not believe in the first place,
                                        that it is good food.

                                        Any NFarmer who is able to produce enough to sell, WILL know that he has no
                                        ethical right to price his produce equal to or higher than conventional
                                        produce. But he need to put LOT of effort to explain to people why his
                                        produce is cheaper despite it being better in every aspect than the
                                        conventional produce. Probably until then, he can charge higher ( to
                                        satisfy himself ) because he will help that consumer fed on chemicals to
                                        avoid some trips to the doctor.

                                        Food is not a commodity or service. It is the RIGHT of every living
                                        creature. In fact it is LIFE. Please do not compare it with other excesses
                                        of life including clothing. Future is not going to be easy and rosy. Our
                                        loved conveniences of today are going to be the trouble makers of tomorrow.
                                        I read an article about a lady in japan ( or some eastern nation) who sells
                                        vegetables. She has earned lot of money by working in a market which closes
                                        at 2 pm, but she sells up to 8 pm. That money is used to help poor people
                                        who need expensive medical treatment. She started to do this (working from
                                        3 am to 8 pm), after she realized that there of not enough money to save
                                        the life of one of her family members. The only striking thing that I liked
                                        was when she says that she still sleeps on the cold bare floor, because if
                                        she sleeps on a mattress, she cannot get up at 3 am to start her days work
                                        due to the comfort. That is how she is living up to her ideals.

                                        In Telugu, there is saying : "Alu ledhu , choolu ledhu, koduku peru
                                        somalingam". It means: "There is not wife yet, she is not pregnant yet, but
                                        it is decided to name the son 'Somalingam'". Let the practicing NFarmers
                                        grow food that satisfies their needs first and then go beyond.

                                        Best Regards
                                        Yugandhar

                                        Message 19 of 27 , Feb 5, 2012
                                          Yugi !

                                          Nice write up .

                                          Let's not bother about what others might say or think. Let's be honest to
                                          our conscience .
                                          While NFs like others require some other things than food , which have to
                                          be bought by money , there is no harm in selling excess NF products for
                                          profit , but not exorbitantly priced . And Nf is just a part of broader
                                          perspective of understanding life and nature. The thought which occurred to
                                          Fukuoka on his Satori was " Nature is perfect in all respects and there is
                                          nothing to be done to improve it " . Once our minds tread the path of money
                                          and material comforts , we start to deviate from nature . That's how
                                          electric fans and aircons have taken precedence over simple hand made palm
                                          leaf fans and just enjoying natural breeze.

                                          My view is we can not change the world but we can change ourselves. Most of
                                          our members may not agree but the hard fact is this. So many great people
                                          in all over the world have tried to do this but in vain. People who seek
                                          truth and nature have always been a minority and will continue to be. But
                                          those minority can have their doubts cleared by interaction / exchange of
                                          views from other members of similar purpose.

                                          Regards.

                                          Message 20 of 27 , Feb 5, 2012
                                            "Please do not compare it with other excesses of life including clothing."

                                            You misunderstood me. I was trying to tell you that when you are not
                                            influenced by the market forces, many basic things can also be sold at a
                                            reasonable price. And I gave example of clothing too.

                                            "there is no harm in selling excess NF products for profit , but not
                                            exorbitantly priced ."

                                            I am not sure if this line is challenging any of my writing, but here is my
                                            opinion. I never said that NF produce should be sold at 'no-profit'. When I
                                            sold my jaggery at the market price, I did make around Rs. 20 per kilo,
                                            which is quite good. However I could have sold it at double the market
                                            price, as the organic produce sells, I could have made much much more
                                            money.

                                            Regards,
                                            Harish

                                            On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 8:54 PM, Yugandhar S <s.yugandhar@...> wrote:

                                            > Please do not compare it with other excesses
                                            > of life including clothing.

                                          • Yugandhar S
                                            Message 21 of 27 , Feb 5, 2012
                                              Harish ji,
                                              I was not at all referring to your writing about the price of clothing.
                                              In fact, what you wrote was correct. My intention was to say that food is
                                              the one and only 'MUST' requirement to sustain life for the vast majority
                                              of beings ( leaving aside spiritually evolved beings called yogis, saints,
                                              rishis etc who are believed to forgo even food for extremely long periods).

                                              I was talking to everyone who wrote earlier on this thread, not any single
                                              person.

                                              Best Regards
                                              Yugandhar

                                              On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Harish Amur <harishamur@...> wrote:

                                              > **
                                              >

                                              > "Please do not compare it with other excesses of life including clothing."
                                              >
                                              > You misunderstood me. I was trying to tell you that when you are not
                                              > influenced by the market forces, many basic things can also be sold at a
                                              > reasonable price. And I gave example of clothing too.
                                              >

                                              > "there is no harm in selling excess NF products for profit , but not
                                              > exorbitantly priced ."
                                              >
                                              > I am not sure if this line is challenging any of my writing, but here is my
                                              > opinion. I never said that NF produce should be sold at 'no-profit'. When I
                                              > sold my jaggery at the market price, I did make around Rs. 20 per kilo,
                                              > which is quite good. However I could have sold it at double the market
                                              > price, as the organic produce sells, I could have made much much more
                                              > money.
                                              >
                                              > Regards,
                                              > Harish
                                              >

                                              > On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 8:54 PM, Yugandhar S <s.yugandhar@...> wrote:
                                              >
                                              > > Please do not compare it with other excesses
                                              > > of life including clothing.

                                            • Raju Titus
                                              Message 22 of 27 , Feb 5, 2012
                                                Dear friends,
                                                I am growing grain,vegetables ,fruits,milk for my family ,workers and
                                                for my friends, if excess send to market .And Share these things with
                                                severely ill cansor like patients. Seeds are also in demand. I am selling
                                                fire woods which is coming from my farm in abundance in half prize. What i
                                                want to say that growing in abundance is only possible in NF. Growing base
                                                must be first for ourselves than for market. For natural things i am not
                                                going in market consumers cumming to my farm.
                                                Community base agriculture which is suggested by Koshikji is also good
                                                way for natural farmers and non farming community which knows natural is
                                                better. Burden of marketing should be shared by consumers directly. Natural
                                                farmer always be happy in sharing things in lower prize with honer.
                                                We feel not good in sitting near by roads for sailing our precious
                                                things.
                                                Raju

                                                Message 23 of 27 , Feb 5, 2012
                                                  Thank you for the last line, dear Raju, Sir.
                                                  And for all the lines before it.

                                                  RUTHIE

                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Feb 6, 2012
                                                    That's that,  The last line "We feel not good in sitting near by roads for sailing our precious things" is very important and one should engrave it on one's soul while LIVING NF.

                                                    anant joglekar
                                                    9423089706

                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Feb 6, 2012
                                                      Raju Sir,
                                                      Salutes to your wisdom. You hit the nail bang on!!!

                                                      Regards
                                                      Yugandhar

                                                      Message 26 of 27 , Feb 7, 2012
                                                        I have heard that in some organic farms ( not Nf ) , the farmers had no
                                                        difficulty in selling their produce. The affluent come in cars at the time
                                                        of harvest and take away the produce by giving cash . They are not
                                                        merchants or middlemen but they buy it for their own use.

                                                        Raju sir is definitely a yogi , that's why he sells the excess produce at
                                                        cheaper rates. I don't think everybody will follow him in the marketing
                                                        line but I am sure his methods are real eye opener for a good number of us.
                                                        Kudos to him and his noble mind.

                                                        Message 27 of 27 , Feb 7, 2012
                                                          Dear friend,
                                                          This is not noble or yogi work this is a simple rule if you are getting
                                                          sufficient amount in simple and easy work of sailing things and your
                                                          product coming to you in less effort.Overall marketing in high prize is not
                                                          easy work. Only middle man can do this work not farmer.
                                                          Raju