pesky critters

  • Larry Haftl
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 2002
      Earlier today I stumbled onto a product that still has me chuckling.
      Felt the urge to share...

      Do you have pesky or bothersome critters visting your place? Racoons?
      Stray dogs? The neighbor's cat? Deer? Squirrels? Crows, owls and
      other excessively voracious feathered friends? Looking for a relatively
      inexpensive, ecologically benign, and reasonably gentle way to disuade
      these critters from paying you a visit? Here is the answer...

      http://www.scatmat.com

      Even has videos...:)

      Larry Haftl
      larry@...
      http://larryhaftl.com/fukuoka
      http://FukuokaNaturalFarming.org
    • burt levy
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 30, 2002
        Hi Larry, I like your Fukuoka website. One problem
        that I am having with it, is when I try to link on to
        the article section. It doesn't really boot up for me.
        It takes a real long time for anything to happen, and
        the last time I tried it, a fatal error warning came
        up twice. So maybe you could check that section out.
        All of the other parts of the site work well, and it
        is a nice site.
        --- Larry Haftl <larry@...> wrote:
        > Earlier today I stumbled onto a product that still
        > has me chuckling.
        > Felt the urge to share...
        >
        > Do you have pesky or bothersome critters visting
        > your place? Racoons?
        > Stray dogs? The neighbor's cat? Deer? Squirrels?
        > Crows, owls and
        > other excessively voracious feathered friends?
        > Looking for a relatively
        > inexpensive, ecologically benign, and reasonably
        > gentle way to disuade
        > these critters from paying you a visit? Here is the
        > answer...
        >
        > http://www.scatmat.com
        >
        > Even has videos...:)
        >

        > Larry Haftl
        > larry@...
        > http://larryhaftl.com/fukuoka
        > http://FukuokaNaturalFarming.org

        HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
        http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
      • Larry Haftl
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 30, 2002
          At Wednesday, 30 October 2002, Burt Levy wrote:

          >Hi Larry, I like your Fukuoka website. One problem
          >that I am having with it, is when I try to link on to
          >the article section. It doesn't really boot up for me.
          >It takes a real long time for anything to happen, and
          >the last time I tried it, a fatal error warning came
          >up twice. So maybe you could check that section out.
          >All of the other parts of the site work well, and it
          >is a nice site.

          Hi Burt,

          I coldn't recreate the problem. I tried accessing that page on both
          my work site and the mirror site and the page popped up in about
          2 seconds on both sites. Has anyone else had this problem? Please
          try it and let me know.

          I've noticed that there are times when I try to access a page (on
          other sites) and get that timeout and error message. If I try the
          page later (an hour or a day or whatever) I often don't get the problem.
          I've finally figured out that most times there is something not
          functioning well at some point along the chain that connects my computer
          to that page. For example, during the recent hurricane flooding in
          the Southeast US a lot of the sites in that area could not be accessed
          because servers along the chain were down. What can make it really
          confusing is when some sites that seem to be in the affected area
          are up while others are down. Usually, this is because even though
          the person/company/group is located in the affected area their website
          may be stored on a server far from them. For example, I live in and
          maintain my website from Oregon, but my personal website is on a
          server in Baltimore, Maryland.

          What makes this really confusing is that you can access some pages
          and get blocked from others on the same site. It usually looks like
          a problem with that page, but I suspect most of the time it is a
          hiccup in the chain of connections. Makes no sense, but I've seen
          it happen enough to accept it. If I think it is possibly worth it
          I just wait a day or so and try it again (usually I'm too impatient
          for that and just try it every hour or so until I get it or just
          get too frustrated and move on... I spend WAY too much time on the
          net.)

          I guess what all that means is that you should please try it again,
          and I hope some other people will as well, and let me know if it
          is an ongoing problem. Until I can recreate it or find a pattern
          that tells me more or less what is wrong I can't fix it. The page
          only has one link on it at the moment, but it is a REALLY good link
          - the Plowboy interview with Fukuoka. IMO worth the hassle to get
          to it.

          Hope the problem self-corrects, but if it doesn't, please let me know.

          Larry Haftl
          larry@...
          http://larryhaftl.com/fukuoka
          http://FukuokaNaturalFarming.org
        • Marc Beauchamp
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 30, 2002
            PLEASE UNSUBSCRIBE ME, GOD BLESS
            burt levy <redbudburt@...> wrote:Hi Larry, I like your Fukuoka website. One problem
            --- Larry Haftl <larry@...> wrote:
            > Earlier today I stumbled onto a product that still
            > has me chuckling.
            > Felt the urge to share...
            >
            > Do you have pesky or bothersome critters visting
            > your place? Racoons?
            > Stray dogs? The neighbor's cat? Deer? Squirrels?
            > Crows, owls and
            > other excessively voracious feathered friends?
            > Looking for a relatively
            > inexpensive, ecologically benign, and reasonably
            > gentle way to disuade
            > these critters from paying you a visit? Here is the
            > answer...
            >
            > http://www.scatmat.com
            >
            > Even has videos...:)
            >

            > Larry Haftl