Monsanto news

  • Sumant Joshi
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 15, 2012
      This link is useful for those of us who like to keep abreast

      http://foodfreedom.wordpress.com/2012/01/15/this-menace-killed-50-of-rats-tested-but-its-hiding-in-your-water-air-and-food/%c2%a0

      Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone

      Warm regards,

      Sumant Joshi
      Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161

    • Karthigeyan Vaidyanathan
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 16, 2012
        Excellent...Very inspiring...

        I am a regular reader of this groups and have got inspired by such articles. I am an engineer by profession but want to become an natural  farmer one day..my grandfather was an agriculturalist and my father's brother is taking care of the lands now..but he sounds very sarcastic and discourages me whenever I take up this topic..he keeps telling about the labour problem in TN (near Sirkazhi town, Nagaipattinam Dist). Not sure when I will be able to get into ...but one day I really want to...

        Thanks every one for sharing their experiences here...

        Karthigeyan.

      • Boovarahan Srinivasan
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 17, 2012
          I do agree there is labour problem in Tamilnadu in the farm sector, esp.
          after the introduction of NREP scheme . People just sit under the trees and
          get Rs.100/= per day and they don't want to work in farms . In this sense
          mechanisation of farm work is inevitable but we can reduce the usage of
          machines and avoid using heavy machinery like tractors, power tillers,
          harvest combines etc. if we try to practice NF methods.
          Present day agriculturists think big of themselves being spoiled by the so
          called modern chemical agricultural methods. The pity is they give a deaf
          ear to the time tested (g)olden methods of natural farming. Unless we
          natural farmers practical prove that NF is successful and profitable ,
          there is no point in urging them to undertake NF practices. To do this we
          have to face a hell of practical problems and we can not solve them unless
          we take up to NF as full time job with daily access to our farms.
          At least this has been my experience so far and I have the privilege of
          earning the "lunatic" title so far. Still I am determined to execute NF
          steps unmindful of what the other villagers say.

          The story of Mr.Karikalan who is practicing NF methods is very encouraging
          and should be an eye opener to all.

          On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 5:22 PM, Karthigeyan Vaidyanathan <
          karthink@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Excellent...Very inspiring...
          >
          > I am a regular reader of this groups and have got inspired by such
          > articles. I am an engineer by profession but want to become an natural
          > farmer one day..my grandfather was an agriculturalist and my father's
          > brother is taking care of the lands now..but he sounds very sarcastic and
          > discourages me whenever I take up this topic..he keeps telling about the
          > labour problem in TN (near Sirkazhi town, Nagaipattinam Dist). Not sure
          > when I will be able to get into ...but one day I really want to...
          >
          > Thanks every one for sharing their experiences here...
          >
          > Karthigeyan.

          Boovarahan S
          Chennai.
          09962662717 (Vodafone) , 08825889492 (Videocon)

        • Anant Joglekar
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 17, 2012
            Same is the problem I was / am facing on my 135 acres family farm. I solved it my way. I engaged 2/3 rd of my holding i.e. 90 acres in Eucalyptus Plantation and now practicing / experimenting NF on the remaining 1/3 rd land i.e. 45 acres and the space available within the plantation.

            On this 1/3 rd portion i.e. 45 acres also, I am planing for various fruit trees and shall use the space within plantation for producing flowers, vegetables, grains, oil seeds, pulses  naturally for self, staff and the csa participants if it clicks well !

            anant joglekar
            9423089706