video

  • garden03048
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2012
      > Toby is a permaculture/horticulture teacher and has some very interesting
      > points about long term trends. Natural farming, permaculture and forest
      > gardening (vertical vegan food forest) are all horticultural related
      > techniques.
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nLKHYHmPbo

      I used my computer and its monitor to watch this video, running off the electric grid.

      I wonder how we'll be able to do such things after we revert to a purely horticultural society. Or do people hope we can drop agriculture but not other industries?

      anthony

    • John Kintree
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2012
        --- On Mon, 1/2/12, garden03048 <apdir@...> wrote:
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nLKHYHmPbo

        I used my computer and its monitor to watch this video, running off the electric grid.

        I wonder how we'll be able to do such things after we revert to a purely horticultural society. Or do people hope we can drop agriculture but not other industries?

        Yes.  I hope we can both shift from industrial-chemical agriculture to local, small-scale, organic, natural farming methods, AND not only keep the Internet, but with smaller, more capable, more energy efficient, less expensive Internet access devices, extend broadband Internet access to everyone on the planet who desires it.

        In the United States, I also hope we will shift from high consumerism to less materialistic lifestyles; away from fossil fuel and nuclear energy to renewable energy sources; away from personal transportation vehicles to shared, community transportation; and so on.
        John Kintree