Re: [fukuoka_farming] ' "Do-nothing" against nature' Re: Fukuoka Masanobu

  • Steve Grannis
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 13, 2011
      Dear Jason and all,
                                     Thank you for the further refinement of "do-nothing". I have always been uncomfortable with the "do-nothing" translation. Wu wei fits the idea but we are still left without a suitable word in english unless we venture into the religious or spiritual realms as you imply. The story speaks to me of Lao Tzu and the Tao Te Ching. The american inventer Buckminster Fuller coined the expression "spaceship Earth" . He said there was no operation manual for the planet. The Tao Te Ching is the closest thing we have for an operation manual for the planet. The idea of non-action yet alert awareness brings me close to the natural farming of Fukuoka. This subject could be discussed endlessly. Thank you for the great story.Steve G.