New member, wise old gardenings

  • Noname
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2011
      Greetings All,

      I'm new here but not new to the Fukuoka methods of gardening, or at least to mulching. Many years ago I read the book by Ruth Stout on using straw or old hay for mulch. You might enjoy this video on her:

      Ruth Stout - straw/hay mulching
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt-KHUITId8&feature=related

      As well as this one, and many others, on Masanobu Fukuoka:

      Masanobu Fukuoka rice and orchard techniques
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQOG-dBsgzQ

      I hope you can access and enjoy them all.

      Kath