Re: [fukuoka_farming] Coppiced & Pollarded trees

  • Don Graves
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2002
      just a quick note on 'Pollarding'... compared to 'Coppicing' of trees ,
      hedgerows

      I'm a bit busy for the next 48hrs or so....

      Pollard trees are sometimes seen in urban environments as regularly heavily
      trimmed street trees,
      but in orchards pollarded trees allow some animals to graze underneath
      without reaching the vegetation or fruit above

      check you later

      Don