Re: [fukuoka_farming] Fukuoka

  • Ruthie Aquino
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 3, 2011
      Thanks.
      There are other nice links as well.
      Not necessarily natural farming but still informative.

      RUTHIE

      2011/12/3 SteveG <grannis04@...>

      > **
      >

      > To all,
      > I think this short film has been linked before but it bears repeating.
      >

      > http://www.nextworldtv.com/videos/permaculture/japanese-permaculture-legend-masanobu-fukuoka.html
      > Enjoy, Steve G

    • Jason Wicker
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 3, 2011
        AWESOME! Thanks for posting!

        --
        Thanks and all the best,
        Jason
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 3, 2011
          Yes!

          Thank you very much Steve.

          Dave in the Adirondacks, NY

          On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 1:22 PM, Jason Wicker <jaywicker@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > AWESOME! Thanks for posting!

        • de Rosas/Peterhans Family
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 6, 2011
            Jason -- why not send the links or references where we can find them? that would be helpful. thanks -- paul (seattle)

            ________________________________
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 10, 2011
              Japan Broadcasting Corporation (NHK)
              About NHK the owner, originator and producer of this movie:

              NHK Profile
              -> http://www.nhk.or.jp/pr/koho-e.htm

              NHK World, about:
              -> http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/english/info/aboutnhkworld.html
              NHK World, online:
              -> http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/

              NHK sitemap:
              -> http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/english/info/sitemap.html

              NHK
              (日本放送協会, Nippon Hōsō Kyōkai; official English name: Japan Broadcasting Corporation)

              Equivalent to the British BBC, the Canadian CBC, the Australian ABC, ... .
              NHK is Japan's official national public broadcaster,
              with worldwide international reportage, news, and broadcasts, (and radio), through worldwide cable, online, satellite, ... channels.
              In Australia here, our multicultural SBS TV channel carries NHK Japanese news every morning at 5:30am for all the Japanese and Japanese speakers living here in Australia.

              NHK's most recent nature/natural farming Fukuoka Masanobu short films, my favourite short film,
              NHK TV 2011 May 14 (in Japanese),
              is available at:

              -> http://video.fc2.com/en/content/201107067ZFsVCDB/

              Program description in Japanese with the start of my translations (in square brackets)---so far:
              "
              NHK 映像ファイル [NHK image file]

              あの人に会いたい 福岡正信(自然農法家)[wanting to meet with him Fukuoka Masanobu (nature farming –ist)]

               放送日:2011年5月14日 チャンネル:デジタル総合 [Digital Synthesis]

               主な出演者:

               福岡正信

               番組内容紹介:

               耕さない。雑草を抜かない。農薬も化学肥料も与えない。福岡正信さんは自然農法を実践し、世界中に大きな影響を与えた。転機は25歳。死の縁をさまよったことだった。

              耕さない・雑草を抜かない・農薬も化学肥料も与えない。福岡正信は自然農法を実践し、世界じゅうの農業者に大きな影響を与えた。科学者だった福岡が転機を迎えたのは、急性肺炎で死のふちをさまよった25歳の時。「人間の知恵と力とは、まったく役に立たないことに気がついた」と語る。晩年は発展途上国の食料増産と砂漠緑化にも力を尽くした。「自然が主役」という信念は、95歳で亡くなるまで、生涯、揺るがなかった。

              "

              ---from:
              NHK TV 2011-5-14 (Japanese), official pages:
              -> http://archives.nhk.or.jp/chronicle/B10002200091105150030032/
              -> http://www.nhk.or.jp/archives/anohito/past/2011/271.html

              Enjoy! i'm hoping. Please let me and us all know, if you enjoy it.

              Not sure yet if these original NHK archives have an online original video link or not---i haven't found it.
              Hence, i'm not sure yet if this FC2 video linked above is a copyright violation or not? i have to caution that to presume that it is, in the abscence of enough evidence that it is freely distributed by the copyright holder NHK.

              i've already worked on and done these title, summary, citation, and some information translations for it.
              i'm working on English subtitles for it, but need help from Japanese people, to speed up my translations process.

              Translation help please! --from Japanese people?

              'best true nature' with all,

              Mr. Jason Stewart.

              On 07/12/2011, at 1:33 PM, de Rosas/Peterhans Family wrote:

              > Jason -- why not send the links or references where we can find them? that would be helpful. thanks -- paul (seattle)
              >
              > ________________________________

            • Jason Stewart
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 10, 2011
                Re: previous Masanobu Fukuoka 2011 May 14 NHK film link message:

                It turns out today, that after posting the message, on rechecking that link,
                that it is a copyright violation, and that recently presumably NHK Japan Broadcasting Corporation had it removed. Sorry i didn't recheck it again today before sending the message. No worries, a copyright violation anyway.

                Please Japanese people - help with finding access to the original film in the official NHK archive, and help with translation please! Perhaps the previous NHK film link will be found and can be made available here by link(s) to it.

                Everyone else please see the following films,
                i assume more copyright violations in these free online versions.
                i have watched the original NHK film in Japan and the DVD. Hence, i recommend purchasing this DVD or set of 3 DVDs, in standard or BluRay HD versions.

                Satoyama: Japan's Secret Garden, Natural World, NHK Japan, Nova USA and BBC with Sir David Attenborough Britain:
                -> http://www.veoh.com/watch/v2025715527pyjwge
                48 mins

                Box set of all available to purchase at:
                -> http://www.nhk-ep.com/shop/commodity_param/ctc/+/shc/0/cmc/11635AA/
                Also on Bluray.

                Satoyama: Japan's Secret Watergarden, Natural World, NHK Japan, BBC with Sir David Attenborough Britain:
                -> http://www.veoh.com/watch/v18919106krd7h4ny
                52 mins

                Also the above are available to purchase Amazon Japan and elsewhere.
                Perhaps the no one will mind the message here of links to copyright violating online copies, as they are used to preview the films, in lesser resolution online copies, as an encouragement to purchase them.
                In the context of late sensei Fukuoka Masanobu, these Japan background context traditions films are well worth paying money purchasing in DVDs in my humble opinion.

                Crucially for you, these show the Japan tradition and history, background and context, for late sensei Fukuoka Masanobu.
                Late sensei Fukuoka Masanobu advanced all beyond these classical traditions. Advanced all in deep, substantial ways, not in the superficial ways of merely adding technology to the same old traditions, as can be seen in these beautifully produced and narrated films. Advanced all in deep, substantial ways by advancing and greatly improving some deep changes to these 2000 year old Japanese traditions. As late sensei Fukuoka Masanobu writes, and as our Indian friends have related to us all previous as documented in the Vedas:
                The ancients, the Rishis, did the same much more nature--intelligent and spiritual--intelligent methods, non--plowing methods, non-chemicals methods, etc., in Japan before the period of about 2000 years, as does late sensei Fukuoka Masanobu do in his even more advanced, nature--intelligent and spiritual--intelligent, with present--day technologies and in general in other present--day terms, including his describing. Simplistically, he has advanced all of the full historical depth of all of agricultural nature--intelligence and spiritual--intelligence. Advanced not just the continuing recent classical traditions of Satoyama Japan. Advanced not just the ancients, the Rishis, thousands of years of depth of nature and spiritual intelligence. Advanced not just the modern conventional industrial and chemical and tilling, killing agriculture. Advanced all, documented in evidence from him, in books, scientific journal papers, films, photos, poems, paintings and more. And i haven't even started on the relation of late sensei Fukuoka Masanobu with first Australians ancient and deeply, highly advanced farming ways.

                They are BBC Sir David Attenborough narrating in English.
                Produced by NHK Japan Broadcasting Corporation with help from Nova USA and from BBC with Sir David Attenborough of course of so many nature documentaries fame.

                Of Japan's Secret Garden, for American summary information and transcript see:
                -> http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/transcripts/2716satoyama.html
                2000
                Satoyama: Japan's Secret Garden (Film).
                Bilingual English and Japanese HD feature documentary.
                Narrated by Sir David Attenborough.
                (NHK, Japan and Nova, PBS, USA) [and BBC, Britain].

                Please let me know if you want more explanation and copyediting of my above writing, written without much copyediting sorry (not enough time and money for everything, here in my nature farm).

                'best true nature' with all,

                Mr. Jason Stewart.