"— that you can’t improve on nature.” – Thomas Edison

  • Jason Stewart
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 28, 2011
      �Surgery, diet, antiseptics � these three are the vital things of the future in preserving the health of humanity. There were never so many able, active minds at work on the problems of diseases as now, and all their discoveries are tending to the simple truth � that you can�t improve on nature.�
      � Thomas Edison

      Clinical Nature : Sustainable, integrative, evidence-based medicine inspired by nature
      -> http://clinicalnature.com/about/

      The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will instruct his patient in the care of the human frame, in diet and in the cause and prevention of disease.
      This has been reprinted many times with slight variations on the wording; it is part of a much larger quote directly from Edison published in 1903:
      Nineteen hundred and three will bring great advances in surgery, in the study of bacteria, in the knowledge of the cause and prevention of disease. Medicine is played out. Every new discovery of bacteria shows us all the more convincingly that we have been wrong and that the million tons of stuff we have taken was all useless.
      The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will instruct his patient in the care of the human frame, in diet and in the cause and prevention of disease.
      They may even discover the germ of old age. I don't predict it, but it might be by the sacrifice of animal life human life could be prolonged.
      Surgery, diet, antiseptics � these three are the vital things of the future in preserving the health of humanity. There were never so many able, active minds at work on the problems of diseases as now, and all their discoveries are tending to the simple truth � that you can't improve on nature.
      As quoted in "Wizard Edison" in The Newark Advocate (2 January 1903), p. 1 according to reasearch by Barbara and David P. Mikkelson at snopes.com

      from WikiQuote:
      -> http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Thomas_Edison

      !just a quotation!
      :-)

      pls review this:
      then this:
      then this:
      then this:
      then this:
      and just links for review.

    • Ruthie Aquino
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 28, 2011
        Re the last link on your list, I'm keeping it for a quiet moment. It is an
        interview of Bill Mollison. My Irish friend who is the only other
        permaculturalist-naturalist in my vicinity has planted her garden following
        his recommendations. It is not a natural garden but rather a permaculture
        one but it does give her lots of food nearly whole year round.

        RUTHIE

      • Jason Stewart
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 28, 2011
          Dear Ruthie,

          you and Gloria would, may well have a lot in common to talk about, with my knowing about her gardening and relations in Oz too,
          please, i suggest to you to get in touch with her—surprises in store!

          See:
          She was right on the nail, as we say hitting the nail on right on the head in that message. I was around at that time as user: animaphile, who she mocked sometime as animalphile.

          Sincerely,

          Jason.

          ________________________________
          Re the last link on your list, I'm keeping it for a quiet moment.  It is an
          interview of Bill Mollison.  My Irish friend who is the only other
          permaculturalist-naturalist in my vicinity has planted her garden following
          his recommendations.  It is not a natural garden but rather a permaculture
          one but it does give her lots of food nearly whole year round.

          RUTHIE

          2011/11/29 Jason Stewart <macropneuma@...>

          ...[snipped]
          > then this:
          ...[snipped]
          > then this:
          > and just links for review.

        • Ruthie Aquino
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 28, 2011
            Thanks Stewart-san

            I like reading past posts in this group.