Re: [fukuoka_farming] Several items

  • Harish Amur
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 24, 2011
      We would not accept the claim that we are doing quite well in NF. We have
      been struggling actually. But we are not distressed due to the challenges,
      on the contrary they provide encouragement for us to keep trying.

      We have been very fortunate to find a fertile land. The previous owner was
      a very passionate farmer, who practiced partial NF for over 30 years. We
      believe we are reaping those benefits.

      As for the "land of opportunity" - it was an IT job, worked for a large
      Indian IT factory! Was the 'cyber slave'(enjoyed the initial years when we
      were in hundreds) for over 11 years and then gave it up. Got introduced to
      an educational NGO and have been involved with them ever since. The idea of
      farming was born out of discussions among the NGO group. Somehow, I took
      the initiative and found a land in Dharwad - my native town in north
      Karnataka. In May 2011, we shifted from the 'garden city'(Bangalore) to
      this town. We do not yet live on the farm, though we have that as a long
      term goal. The farm is not too far from our home, so we get to go to the
      farm very often. We also run a non-profit school in Dharwad. So, our
      attention towards farm is, in a sense divided. However, we believe that we
      have now found our "land of 'real' opportunity".

      Thank you all for your encouraging words.

      Regards,
      Harish
      PS: We = me + my wife!