Re: [fukuoka_farming] Moderator please! -msg contents a perversion/inversion of our little group.

  • Alan Sloan
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 23, 2011
      Being from the uk I don't mind the domination of the more tropical climates
      at all, but it is interesting. It seems that more success generally seems
      to be had with higher heat and moisture levels, do I have this right?

      The One Straw Revolution mentions flooding to encourage rice at the expense
      of other species. We in the uk don't have that option.

      Alan

    • Boovarahan Srinivasan
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 23, 2011
        Alan !

        Higher heat actually destroys the plants which we normally cultivate , say
        sugarcane, wheat etc.
        I had a bitter experience of transplanting sugarcane just after the peak
        summer was over ,but miserably failed .
        Normally temperature range in 22 to 26 degrees celsius favours the growth
        of young plants.
        This has been my observation.
        On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 7:38 PM, Alan Sloan <alansloan@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > > >
        > > > By the way, having Pakistani members of this group more would be a very
        > > > good thing, given there has been in the past the nation--tensions
        > between
        > > > India and Pakistan---so as to undo any wrong perceptions of this group
        > as
        > > > overwhelmed by Indian people---which this group is not overwhelmed by
        > > > Indian people, not dominated by---because you're not dominating kind of
        > > > people---thanks.

        > > deals
        > > > with agriculture and animal husbandry in general. Some articles there
        > are
        > > > pretty informative.His only reason for providing these links seems to
        > be
        > > > direct some eyeballs towards his blog.
        > > any
        > > > publicity for Monsanto and their evil cousins will raise hackles ;-)

        Boovarahan S
        Chennai.
        09962662717 (Vodafone) , 08825889492 (Videocon)

      • Jason Stewart
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 23, 2011
          The living practical phliosophy(s) and five primary principles apply in all arable places all over our Earth. Just as rainforests, forests, woodlands, grassland, heathlands, and the rest of nature's vegetations apply themselves by those same principles, to growing themselves naturally all over all arable places, all over our Earth.
          Please let's know feedback you have enough communication from us all to be clear on that---that which late Mr. Fukuoka Masanobu (sensei) wrote, in scholarly writings of his, close--to--but--not--entirely translated into English and 20+ more languages.

          On 23/11/2011, at 10:38 PM, Alan Sloan wrote:

          > It seems that more success generally seems
          > to be had with higher heat and moisture levels, do I have this right?
          >
          > The One Straw Revolution mentions flooding to encourage rice at the expense
          > of other species. We in the uk don't have that option.
          >
          > Alan

        • Jason Stewart
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 7, 2011
            Re: any wrong perceptions---misperceptions---of this group as overwhelmed by Indian people---which this group is not overwhelmed by Indian people, nor dominated by---because you're not dominating kind of people---thanks.

            Not dominating kind of people, generally, in attitude, disposition and culture(s), obviously from evidence here and in my experiences working with many Indian and subcontinent people who have been my professional colleagues over 17 years or more, as a rule with always the few exceptions i have personally known---the few exceptions which go to prove the rule true (in the vast majority).

            Thank you Indian and subcontinent friends.

            'best true nature' with all,

            Mr. Jason Stewart.