Re: [fukuoka_farming]

  • Chris Sawyer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2001
      Jim Bones wrote:

      > Hi Folks,
      >
      > The last I heard Masanobu Fukuoka is recalling all of his books from the
      > world.

      This seems to be in direct opposition to the following:

      > Scattering seeds, watching, learning, but mostly just doing without
      > thinking too much and learning from the facts illuminated by nature are
      > all parts of the indescribable whole.

      As far as more people go. I think some "populated" places have done quite
      well as far as keeping Nature and man's creation in harmony. Samoa comes to
      mind, as does China and Japan.

      Perhaps the real problem comes from man trying to take the credit for his
      ideas and making them separate, as in belonging to 'one' and not the whole.
      I also think that a world based on competition is not mirroring the Truth of
      life, which is more like harmonious coexistence. We cannot continue to kill
      the bad guys, either in nature or in human relations and expect to find the
      'what is'.

      I have not only my crops for market, but have found that my 'weeds' are also
      marketable. I practice a watching style of farming in my latest chosen
      career. (Not a job I feel I have to do to make a living, like my past
      'careers'.) I think there a certain plants that like certain spaces and
      finding the right plant is sometimes just a matter of accepting things as
      they are.

      > Soon the whole earth will be managed or affected by management.

      Is it not already this way? Managed by that power we are all seeking, God!

      > At the heart of all "environmental problems" and political causes seems
      > to be exploding population growth. Until that is addressed openly

      I think this is planned, in order to force us to either get on with our
      neighbors or perish.

      Chris Sawyer
      Jake's Farm
      www.jakesfarm.com