Re: [fukuoka_farming] 2 links I would like to share on Farming with Natural ways

  • Ruthie Aquino
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 7, 2011
      Hi Nandan,
      Do you just leave the dried leaves on the ground or do you sort of chop
      them up? They are so big.
      In the Philippines I have heard of the use of mycovam which is mycorrhiza
      (hope the spelling is right) inoculated in the soil in the quantity of a
      softdrink cap per tree, in a single application. Very old trees have been
      rejuvenated using the method. This might be an attempt at copying Nature
      in places where Nature can hardly help itself like when there is
      severely depleted soil and not much organic matter around.
      Thanks for sharing this info about your farm, it is interesting. I was
      also wondering if you could raise grazing animals like goats under your
      trees?

      best
      RUTHIE