Vegetables to grow in winter: a how-to guide

  • Q Farm
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2011
      With the help of a bit of cover, and carefully selected varieties of seeds, it is possible to grow vegetables and herbs all year round in the United Kingdom, and presumably therefore in other temperate countries that have frosty winters.

      In my corner of Scotland, away from the sea and up in the hills, there is only one month of the year that can be guaranteed to be frost free and that is July. Most years we cannot grow courgettes or runner beans outside without cover. In our case, experimenting has paid off and we often have more produce in winter than in summer. Last year by the end of winter we were fed up with salad!

      http://bit.ly/sfKS4K

      Queue
      Q-Farms and Assoc / Pakistan
      My Blog / My Twitter / My Facebook / My Google+ / My Linkedin