Re: Millions of Florida bees mysteriously drop dead

  • Alex van Deelen
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 12, 2011
      > I am beginning to detest this world that always
      > wants to go faster than the clock. Why oh why
      > not let bees alone? Haven't they been producing
      > honey for millions of years, and now we want them
      > to do more? best
      >
      > RUTHIE

      Hi Ruthie,

      Usually bees feed on the honey during the winter period.

      Here is a comparison between the nutritional values of
      honey and granulated sugar. Compared to honey,
      granulated sugar contains no dietary viber, no protein,
      no aminoacids, and almost no minerals.

      http://www.buzzaboutbees.net/honey-vs-sugar.html

      Gee, I wonder what could go wrong when bees live
      on that for an entire winter. :)

      The answer to this problem would be to harvest
      less honey and let the bees keep 10% to survive on.

      I guess living off the fat of the land (and returning everything
      else, like in Fukuoka farming) is a good principle to go by.

      Alex