Re: [fukuoka_farming] Millions of Florida bees mysteriously drop dead

  • Sumant Joshi
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 9, 2011
      Signs and symptoms of an impending collapse?

      Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone

      Warm regards,

      Sumant Joshi
      Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161

      >________________________________

    • Ruthie Aquino
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 9, 2011
        When they say *mysterious* somebody knows the answer but is not telling.
        Childhood games in adulthood...that is the journalism of the modern world.
        There is always someone who doesn't want to get caught.

        RUTHIE

        2011/10/10 Sumant Joshi <sumant_jo@...>

        > **
        >

        > Signs and symptoms of an impending collapse?
        >
        > Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone
        >
        > Warm regards,
        >
        > Sumant Joshi
        > Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161
        >
        > >________________________________

      • Alex van Deelen
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 10, 2011
          I read an article that bees immune systems are
          undermined by feeding them non-honey sugars
          during the winter. Fructose, sucrose, and even
          artificial sweeteners.

          Maybe that is the cause?

          Alex
        • Ruthie Aquino
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 10, 2011
            I am beginning to detest this world that always wants to go faster than the
            clock.
            Why oh why not let bees alone?
            Haven't they been producing honey for millions of years, and now we want
            them to do more?
            best
            RUTHIE

            2011/10/10 Alex van Deelen <avdeelen@...>

            > **
            >

            > I read an article that bees immune systems are
            > undermined by feeding them non-honey sugars
            > during the winter. Fructose, sucrose, and even
            > artificial sweeteners.
            >
            > Maybe that is the cause?
            >
            > Alex

          • Farming Geek
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 11, 2011
              It is not CCD for sure

              http://pakagri.blogspot.com/search/label/Colony%20Collapse%20Disorder

              --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Ruthie Aquino <ruthieaquino1@...> wrote:

              > I am beginning to detest this world that always wants to go faster than the
              > clock.
              > Why oh why not let bees alone?
              > Haven't they been producing honey for millions of years, and now we want
              > them to do more?
              > best
              > RUTHIE
              >
              > 2011/10/10 Alex van Deelen <avdeelen@...>
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > I read an article that bees immune systems are
              > > undermined by feeding them non-honey sugars
              > > during the winter. Fructose, sucrose, and even
              > > artificial sweeteners.
              > >
              > > Maybe that is the cause?
              > >
              > > Alex

            • lucia
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 11, 2011
                this is a great website on "less invasive bee keeping" and "anarchy
                apiaries": http://anarchyapiaries.org/

                -lucia

                On Tue, 2011-10-11 at 18:06 +0000, Farming Geek wrote:

                > It is not CCD for sure

                > http://pakagri.blogspot.com/search/label/Colony%20Collapse%20Disorder
                >
                > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Ruthie Aquino
                > <ruthieaquino1@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > I am beginning to detest this world that always wants to go faster
                > than the
                > > clock.
                > > Why oh why not let bees alone?
                > > Haven't they been producing honey for millions of years, and now we
                > want
                > > them to do more?
                > > best
                > > RUTHIE
                > >
                > > 2011/10/10 Alex van Deelen <avdeelen@...>
                > >
                > > > **
                > > >

                > > > I read an article that bees immune systems are
                > > > undermined by feeding them non-honey sugars
                > > > during the winter. Fructose, sucrose, and even
                > > > artificial sweeteners.
                > > >
                > > > Maybe that is the cause?
                > > >
                > > > Alex

              • Sumant Joshi
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 11, 2011
                  Hey nice site, that. Thanks for sharing

                  Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone

                  Warm regards,

                  Sumant Joshi
                  Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161

                  >________________________________

                • Alex van Deelen
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 12, 2011
                    > I am beginning to detest this world that always
                    > wants to go faster than the clock. Why oh why
                    > not let bees alone? Haven't they been producing
                    > honey for millions of years, and now we want them
                    > to do more? best
                    >
                    > RUTHIE

                    Hi Ruthie,

                    Usually bees feed on the honey during the winter period.

                    Here is a comparison between the nutritional values of
                    honey and granulated sugar. Compared to honey,
                    granulated sugar contains no dietary viber, no protein,
                    no aminoacids, and almost no minerals.

                    http://www.buzzaboutbees.net/honey-vs-sugar.html

                    Gee, I wonder what could go wrong when bees live
                    on that for an entire winter. :)

                    The answer to this problem would be to harvest
                    less honey and let the bees keep 10% to survive on.

                    I guess living off the fat of the land (and returning everything
                    else, like in Fukuoka farming) is a good principle to go by.

                    Alex