Millions of Florida bees mysteriously drop dead

  • Q Farm
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 9, 2011
      Millions of Florida bees mysteriously drop dead
      Honeybee carcasses coated the ground around hundreds of Florida beehives after a mysterious massacre claimed millions of bees and mutilated a way of life for local bee keepers.

      Experts have ruled out 'colony collapse disorder' and the bee keepers suspect that their bees were poisoned with pesticide. Florida agriculture officials and the local sheriff's office are both investigating.

      http://pakagri.blogspot.com/2011/10/millions-of-florida-bees-mysteriously.html

      Queue

      Q-Farms and Assoc
      Pakistan
      http://www.pakagri.blogspot.com
      Follow Us on Twitter
      http://twitter.com/#!/Qfarms

    • Sumant Joshi
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 9, 2011
        Signs and symptoms of an impending collapse?

        Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone

        Warm regards,

        Sumant Joshi
        Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161

        >________________________________

      • Ruthie Aquino
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 9, 2011
          When they say *mysterious* somebody knows the answer but is not telling.
          Childhood games in adulthood...that is the journalism of the modern world.
          There is always someone who doesn't want to get caught.

          RUTHIE

          2011/10/10 Sumant Joshi <sumant_jo@...>

          > **
          >

          > Signs and symptoms of an impending collapse?
          >
          > Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone
          >
          > Warm regards,
          >
          > Sumant Joshi
          > Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161
          >
          > >________________________________

        • Alex van Deelen
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 10, 2011
            I read an article that bees immune systems are
            undermined by feeding them non-honey sugars
            during the winter. Fructose, sucrose, and even
            artificial sweeteners.

            Maybe that is the cause?

            Alex
          • Ruthie Aquino
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 10, 2011
              I am beginning to detest this world that always wants to go faster than the
              clock.
              Why oh why not let bees alone?
              Haven't they been producing honey for millions of years, and now we want
              them to do more?
              best
              RUTHIE

              2011/10/10 Alex van Deelen <avdeelen@...>

              > **
              >

              > I read an article that bees immune systems are
              > undermined by feeding them non-honey sugars
              > during the winter. Fructose, sucrose, and even
              > artificial sweeteners.
              >
              > Maybe that is the cause?
              >
              > Alex

            • Farming Geek
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 11, 2011
                It is not CCD for sure

                http://pakagri.blogspot.com/search/label/Colony%20Collapse%20Disorder

                --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Ruthie Aquino <ruthieaquino1@...> wrote:

                > I am beginning to detest this world that always wants to go faster than the
                > clock.
                > Why oh why not let bees alone?
                > Haven't they been producing honey for millions of years, and now we want
                > them to do more?
                > best
                > RUTHIE
                >
                > 2011/10/10 Alex van Deelen <avdeelen@...>
                >
                > > **
                > >

                > > I read an article that bees immune systems are
                > > undermined by feeding them non-honey sugars
                > > during the winter. Fructose, sucrose, and even
                > > artificial sweeteners.
                > >
                > > Maybe that is the cause?
                > >
                > > Alex

              • lucia
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 11, 2011
                  this is a great website on "less invasive bee keeping" and "anarchy
                  apiaries": http://anarchyapiaries.org/

                  -lucia

                  On Tue, 2011-10-11 at 18:06 +0000, Farming Geek wrote:

                  > It is not CCD for sure

                  > http://pakagri.blogspot.com/search/label/Colony%20Collapse%20Disorder
                  >
                  > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Ruthie Aquino
                  > <ruthieaquino1@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I am beginning to detest this world that always wants to go faster
                  > than the
                  > > clock.
                  > > Why oh why not let bees alone?
                  > > Haven't they been producing honey for millions of years, and now we
                  > want
                  > > them to do more?
                  > > best
                  > > RUTHIE
                  > >
                  > > 2011/10/10 Alex van Deelen <avdeelen@...>
                  > >
                  > > > **
                  > > >

                  > > > I read an article that bees immune systems are
                  > > > undermined by feeding them non-honey sugars
                  > > > during the winter. Fructose, sucrose, and even
                  > > > artificial sweeteners.
                  > > >
                  > > > Maybe that is the cause?
                  > > >
                  > > > Alex

                • Sumant Joshi
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 11, 2011
                    Hey nice site, that. Thanks for sharing

                    Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone

                    Warm regards,

                    Sumant Joshi
                    Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161

                    >________________________________

                  • Alex van Deelen
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 12, 2011
                      > I am beginning to detest this world that always
                      > wants to go faster than the clock. Why oh why
                      > not let bees alone? Haven't they been producing
                      > honey for millions of years, and now we want them
                      > to do more? best
                      >
                      > RUTHIE

                      Hi Ruthie,

                      Usually bees feed on the honey during the winter period.

                      Here is a comparison between the nutritional values of
                      honey and granulated sugar. Compared to honey,
                      granulated sugar contains no dietary viber, no protein,
                      no aminoacids, and almost no minerals.

                      http://www.buzzaboutbees.net/honey-vs-sugar.html

                      Gee, I wonder what could go wrong when bees live
                      on that for an entire winter. :)

                      The answer to this problem would be to harvest
                      less honey and let the bees keep 10% to survive on.

                      I guess living off the fat of the land (and returning everything
                      else, like in Fukuoka farming) is a good principle to go by.

                      Alex