Deforestation termed a key reason for flood losses

  • Q Farm
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 6, 2011
      KARACHI: Deforestation in Sindh was also a reason for the recent flooding in the province, which destroyed Rs271 billion worth of agriculture output, experts told The News on Wednesday.

      Sindh had forests on 650,000 acres of land till early 1980s, said Zain Daudpoto, Executive Director of Indus Development Organization (IDO), an organisation committed to increase forestation along the Indus. “Now, only a few thousand acres are left.”
      http://pakagri.blogspot.com/2011/10/deforestation-termed-key-reason-for.html

      Queue
      Q-Farms and Assoc
      Pakistan
      http://www.pakagri.blogspot.com/

    • Harish Amur
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 6, 2011
        Here is another point of view:
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Frequency_Active_Auroral_Research_Program

        Go down to conspiracy theory section and you will find reference to
        earthquake in Pakistan.

        Don't know if this is really a conspiracy theory or the Truth!

        On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Q Farm <q.farm@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > KARACHI: Deforestation in Sindh was also a reason for the recent flooding
        > in the province, which destroyed Rs271 billion worth of agriculture output,
        > experts told The News on Wednesday.
        >
        > Sindh had forests on 650,000 acres of land till early 1980s, said Zain
        > Daudpoto, Executive Director of Indus Development Organization (IDO), an
        > organisation committed to increase forestation along the Indus. “Now, only a
        > few thousand acres are left.”
        >
        > http://pakagri.blogspot.com/2011/10/deforestation-termed-key-reason-for.html
        >

        > Queue
        > Q-Farms and Assoc
        > Pakistan
        > http://www.pakagri.blogspot.com/

      • Farming Geek
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 11, 2011
          I dont believe in it much
          we have some comprehensible reasons also which are more compelling

          http://pakagri.blogspot.com