interesting article

  • Sumant Joshi
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2011
      http://southasia.oneworld.net/fromthegrassroots/unique-native-diet-under-wane

      Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone

      Warm regards,

      Sumant Joshi
      Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161

    • Raghava Aikanthika
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 11, 2011
        By making available, the locally grown food to the local people through the PDS or through the food supplychain, we can avoid the transportation cost & effort involved in bringing food grown from far away places. Like nowadays, we are getting apples in our markets from China, US or Australia and rice from Karnataka state in Delhi market.

        Sumantji, the article was nice. we should reinforce our belief in the traditional knowledge & practice.

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 11, 2011
          Well, I guess we have to start now or else wait until the oil runs out at which point of time there is going to be grief since lots of people will die in urban centres. sounds horrible but just imagine if your city does not get fuel for just a week. No one really knows how long the food available in a city will last for it's population.