Re: [fukuoka_farming] Hope this turns for the good of many......hmmm

  • Sumant Joshi
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 23 6:44 AM
      Earlier they had farmers committing suicide here and there. Now it will be en-mass. Like the US here too, corporates will start controlling agriculture in a big way. God help us!! well, I guess we should help ourselves.

      Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone

      Warm regards,

      Sumant Joshi
      Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161

      >________________________________

    • yajnesh shetty
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 23 6:50 AM
        Yes, this is another excuse to snatch fertile land from the farmers and tell them its for their own good.Snatch the land of independent land owning farmers and then make them the servants of  some billionaire fat cats.This government is far from finished ,it has just got started.Disgusting!

        ________________________________
        Earlier they had farmers committing suicide here and there. Now it will be en-mass. Like the US here too, corporates will start controlling agriculture in a big way. God help us!! well, I guess we should help ourselves.

        Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone

        Warm regards,

        Sumant Joshi
        Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161

        >________________________________

      • Jason Wicker
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 23 8:44 AM
          OK, Please let me know what e-mail I should send it two.
          Thanks,
          Jason

          On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 10:01 PM, Boovarahan Srinivasan
          <offtown@...>wrote:

          > **
          >

          > yes !
          > Plz send me the link.
          >
          > On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 3:50 AM, Jason Wicker <jaywicker@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          >

          > > Hi Everyone!
          > >
          > > If any of you need an invite to Google+ let me know.
          > > *
          > > *
          > >
          > > We can make a group called Masanobu Fukuoka Farming that may offer an
          > > upgrade in the way we
          > >
          > > communicate.
          > >
          > > All comments welcomed,
          > >
          > > Thanks!
          > >
          > > Jason
          > >
          > > 2011/8/22 ,*रंजू*, <ranju.ramchandran@...>
          > >
          > > > **
          > >

          > http://ibnlive.in.com/news/road-shows-to-attract-investors-in-agriculture/177562-60-115.html
          > > >
          > > > --
          > > > Regards
          > > >
          > > > Ranju

          > --
          > Boovarahan S
          > Chennai.
          > 09962662717 (Vodafone) , 08825889492 (Videocon)

        • Boovarahan Srinivasan
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 23 8:15 PM
            Plz send to offtown@... or varaahan@...

            On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 9:14 PM, Jason Wicker <jaywicker@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > OK, Please let me know what e-mail I should send it two.
            > Thanks,
            > Jason
            >
            > On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 10:01 PM, Boovarahan Srinivasan
            > <offtown@...>wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > yes !
            > > Plz send me the link.
            > >
            > > On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 3:50 AM, Jason Wicker <jaywicker@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > > **
            > >

            > > > Hi Everyone!
            > > >
            > > > If any of you need an invite to Google+ let me know.
            > > > *
            > > > *
            > > >
            > > > We can make a group called Masanobu Fukuoka Farming that may offer an
            > > > upgrade in the way we
            > > >
            > > > communicate.
            > > >
            > > > All comments welcomed,
            > > >
            > > > Thanks!
            > > >
            > > > Jason

            > http://ibnlive.in.com/news/road-shows-to-attract-investors-in-agriculture/177562-60-115.html

            > > --
            > > Boovarahan S
            > > Chennai.
            > > 09962662717 (Vodafone) , 08825889492 (Videocon)

            Boovarahan S
            Chennai.
            09962662717 (Vodafone) , 08825889492 (Videocon)

          • Alex van Deelen
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 24 7:10 AM
              Like the US here too, corporates will start
              controlling agriculture in a big way. God
              help us!! well, I guess we should help
              ourselves.

              So what can we do to stop the corporations?
              Ending free trade agreements, or anti-monopolistic
              legislation? From what I've heard that saved
              Indian retail from turning into another Walmart
              and Kmart duopoly.

              Alex
            • Boovarahan Srinivasan
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 24 7:29 PM
                While the govts. are in for offering the market in a gold plate to the MNC
                giants , people should revolt . This has happened in Karnataka against
                Mosotto and BT brinjal . It is only people's protest enmasse will deter the
                govts' plan.

                On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 7:40 PM, Alex van Deelen <avdeelen@...> wrote:

                > **
                >

                > Like the US here too, corporates will start
                > controlling agriculture in a big way. God
                > help us!! well, I guess we should help
                > ourselves.
                >
                > So what can we do to stop the corporations?
                > Ending free trade agreements, or anti-monopolistic
                > legislation? From what I've heard that saved
                > Indian retail from turning into another Walmart
                > and Kmart duopoly.
                >
                > Alex

                Boovarahan S

              • fujiinn
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 25 3:45 AM
                  --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "Alex van Deelen" <avdeelen@...> wrote:

                  > Like the US here too, corporates will start
                  > controlling agriculture in a big way. God
                  > help us!! well, I guess we should help
                  > ourselves.
                  >
                  > So what can we do to stop the corporations?
                  > Ending free trade agreements, or anti-monopolistic
                  > legislation? From what I've heard that saved
                  > Indian retail from turning into another Walmart
                  > and Kmart duopoly.
                  >
                  > Alex

                  I don't understand why the US govt. would do anything against the corporations? The corporations have been created by the govt. Am I wrong?

                  A solution would be consumer education. Explaining to people that they vote with their dollar is the most logical thing to do. Unfortunately it's hard to make people understand that they need to pay more for their products because the crap that the corporations are producing is getting subventions from the govt. and doesn't include the price of pollution (which by means of taxation will be paid by the consumer in the end, just that's not obvious, or will translate in soil/water/air degradation and loss of biodiversity).
                • Sumant Joshi
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 27 9:42 PM
                    The root cause of these issues is corruption. Corporates working in tandem with political parties and government bureaucrats for ill gotten mutual gain and to hell with the poor. Now after the success of the present popular movement we have a glimmer of hope.