Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: livestock

  • Raju Titus
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 4, 2011
      Dear friend,
      This is true there is no need of bringing any organic matter from outside in
      Fukuoka farming if we protect it and not allow it go out side.The shortage
      of organic matter due to erosion of soil, erosion of biodiversity and
      erosion water.This shortage directly liked with tilling,burning of
      straws,and uncontrolled grazing. Fukuoka never said that do not keep animals
      and never use organic matter. But he told that making compost is useless
      work.
      Thanks
      Raju

      On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 5:00 PM, Linda Shewan <linda_shewan@...>wrote:

      > **
      >

      > I would say no inputs is the aim of natural farming - but Fukuoka DID bring
      > in chicken manure from a local farmer to put over the straw to help it
      > decompose before spring. He only did this once his ducks were constrained
      > by
      > the highway though.
      >
      > If you don't raise livestock you need to determine if the manure is an
      > absolute requirement for your needs. It quite likely isn't it but even then
      > there is no need to raise livestock, just accommodate it - you could setup
      > dovecotes and bat boxes and harvest the manure from them as an option.
      >
      > I don't think Raju uses any inputs? Am I correct Raju?
      >
      > Linda

      Raju Titus. Hoshangabad. 461001.India.
      +919179738049.
      http://picasaweb.google.com/rajuktitus