Re: [fukuoka_farming] Discussion Forum

  • Chuck West
    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 6, 2001
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "kjetjo" <kjetjo@...>
      To: <fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 4:08 AM
      Subject: [fukuoka_farming] Discussion Forum

      > Maybe he just hasn't visited the discussion forum here yet...
      > It is possible to sign up to this list without entering the "groups-
      > "page if I'm not mistaken. So, mister, the adress is:

      > What's this about condemning anyone as attention-seekers by the
      > way...?

      I'm sorry if some were offended, but my point remains. This is a
      smoothly-operating discussion group, focused almost exclusively--until
      now--on Fukuoka farming and its philosophical tenets. There has been no
      indication I'm aware of that anyone was dissatisfied with it or wanted to
      head off in a new direction. Suddenly a newcomer announces s/he is going to
      start a new, more pertinent group. I've really (quietly) enjoyed the posts
      on THIS group and hope it doesn't change. I merely pointed out that it has
      been my experience that people who set out to start their own thing when a
      perfectly good alternative already exists are often in it for themselves,
      rather than the good of the group. Don't like it? Tough. Is that the way it
      is? Only time will tell in this case. I won't be checking out the new site;
      I'm perfectly happy with this one.

      Now, regarding the methods we are here to discuss: I have recently moved to
      a place in the country and after a 12-year layoff, will be resuming my
      strong involvement with organic gardening come the spring planting season. I
      am intrigued by what I have read here, but am finding it yet unclear how
      this technique will successfully overcome the knee- and waste-high weed
      patch I envision as my garden area next year. My education is just
      beginning, but can someone please explain a little more about preparation of
      the planting area prior to using the seed balls? I've checked and there
      doesn't seem to be much information locally. Your kind response will be
      greatly appreciated.

      Chuck in Indiana
    • ban
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 17, 2001
        I think in those conditions it will grow slowly during the winter and
        shoot up as soon as it warms up a little
        francisco