Re: interesting websites

  • KONSTANTINOS
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 1, 2011
      Hello Raju,

      Once again thank you for putting up the photographs.

      This is a very, very important tool for natural farming.

      In the past we discussed the problems caused by the use of machines such as the weed wackers - they tend to shred the grass and plants to small pieces, consequently the summer sun and wind destroy the organic matter, leaving the ground exposed to the sun. I have seen this first hand - the areas in my farm that were cut with the weed wacker remained bare all summer - it was not until next spring that these areas were covered by grass. The areas cut by the scythe were in better shape, but the grass ended up piled in different spots.

      With this tool the grass lays down and covers the earth uniformly.

      As mentioned previously it can be used with equipment such as a pick up truck or a tractor for large areas. Here care must be exercised that the land is dry, and will not be compacted by the heavy machines - compaction will undo all the good work being done by the natural farming method and turn the earth in a cement floor where the roots of the plants will have a hard time penetrating the soil.

      Again Thank You
      Kostas