efficiency vs. sustainability: 2000 acre commercial organic

  • paul wheaton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2011
      This might be my most important podcast made so far.

      This podcast wrestles with some of the toughest stuff about organic,
      conventional, "conventional organic", permaculture, fukuoka's
      techniques, efficiency, sustainability and population growth. Not the
      stuff you would expect.

      Helen Atthowe is currently managing a 2000 acre certified organic
      operation which includes a 5000 member CSA. She expresses that she
      has doubts about sustainable systems being able to compete with
      conventional systems.

      This is the brutal nitty gritty stuff that 99% of the people with
      "sustainable" or "permaculture" on their lips have no clue about.

      http://su.pr/6AEW3V

      ---

      Sign up for my daily-ish email, or my devious plots for world
      domination: http://www.richsoil.com/email.jsp