Any help on cultivating plant Elaeocarpus Angustifolius from seed?

  • tpindia@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2011
      I wish this post of mine goes threw as I need some help from experts.
      Basically bead of E.Angustifolius is very hard and one needs to break its dormancy period by either sawing it straight into the soil which may take around a year or two for germination OR break the karnel and take out the seed for germination.
      I am told that in Indonesia where they call this tree as Ganitri or Jenitri,they use some special way for germinating plant out of seeds withour breaking or cutting the beads,if anyone can throw some lights on this I shall be very thankful.
      regards to all,
      Tpi.