Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: Pruning

  • Boovarahan Srinivasan
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 23 8:51 AM
      As said several times, natural farming is a part of being with nature. And
      it is not a profession but a way of life which one should enjoy at every
      moment. The moment you think of a balance sheet on farming , the charm is
      lost for ever.
      This is my personal view.

      On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 9:11 PM, Ruthie Aquino <ruthieaquino1@...>wrote:

      > Boovarahanji, Sumantji, Daniel, Troy, and all,
      > I think in this group we have found a person, Mr. Fukuoka, whose life work
      > inspires us. In my case, he inspires me because he seems nearly perfectly
      > happy with his lifestyle while deeply respecting all other living things
      > around him. He does not promise riches or popularity. He promises
      > nothing. He just lived his happy, inspirational life.
      > What I also like is he opened a new door to me, that of non- or minimal
      > intervention on nature. Just like a little girl to whom he is saying, just
      > wait and see, it's magical, it works all by itself.
      > I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Indian publisher Other
      > India Press who made the One Straw Revolution available to me at a low
      > price
      > despite the good quality of the paper and the impeccable printing.
      > I wish it published his other books, too, so I could buy them at a
      > similarly
      > low price.
      > best
      > RUTHIEBoovarahan S

      Chennai.
      09962662717 (Vodafone) , 08825889492 (Videocon)

    • Daniel
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 24 10:25 PM
        Some more philosophy.

        For those familiar with Western philosophical thought: It may be that in Plato's realm of Ideas (as analogue perhaps the Spiritual Plane on which the "spirit" of a tree resides), every 'blueprint' or 'idea' of a tree may have a perfect shape. But down here on the planet, it is nigh on impossible for any living and growing thing to attain that truly perfect intended form, even if never touched by pruning hook and saw.
        It is true though, I think, that the more we want to "correct" a tree, the more it will grow out of sync with its original "plan". I think this is what Fukuoka meant with his true shape of a tree. The more we tamper, the further we go astray. That said, I think it also means that we shouldn't expect perfection by "doing nothing". Things happen down here, yes, I agree wholeheartedly with that.

        Daniel

        --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Boovarahan Srinivasan <offtown@...> wrote:

        > As said several times, natural farming is a part of being with nature. And
        > it is not a profession but a way of life which one should enjoy at every
        > moment. The moment you think of a balance sheet on farming , the charm is
        > lost for ever.
        > This is my personal view.
        >
        > On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 9:11 PM, Ruthie Aquino <ruthieaquino1@...>wrote:
        >
        > > Boovarahanji, Sumantji, Daniel, Troy, and all,
        > > I think in this group we have found a person, Mr. Fukuoka, whose life work
        > > inspires us. In my case, he inspires me because he seems nearly perfectly
        > > happy with his lifestyle while deeply respecting all other living things
        > > around him. He does not promise riches or popularity. He promises
        > > nothing. He just lived his happy, inspirational life.
        > > What I also like is he opened a new door to me, that of non- or minimal
        > > intervention on nature. Just like a little girl to whom he is saying, just
        > > wait and see, it's magical, it works all by itself.
        > > I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Indian publisher Other
        > > India Press who made the One Straw Revolution available to me at a low
        > > price
        > > despite the good quality of the paper and the impeccable printing.
        > > I wish it published his other books, too, so I could buy them at a
        > > similarly
        > > low price.
        > > best
        > > RUTHIEBoovarahan S
        > >
        > Chennai.
        > 09962662717 (Vodafone) , 08825889492 (Videocon)

      • Yugandhar S
        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 19, 2011
          Dear All,
          Thanks for your valuable insights.