Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: gowing microbes for livestock stalls?

  • Troy Santos
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 22, 2011
      Yeah, Han Kyu Cho called his stuff, in English anyway, I.M.O.,
      Indigenous Micro-organisms. And, I really doubt Fukuoka would have
      encouraged anyone to make and use these preparations. The term
      "Natural Farming" takes many shapes.

      On 22/06/2011, KevFil <kevfil@...> wrote:
      > University of Hawaii agriculture department has free info on I.M.O.,how to
      > make,store and use I.M.O.s. This is the input you are looking for.No oders
      > for hog,chicken,goat,etc. by making this and spraying over
      > everything.Everything.Everything.
      >
      > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Troy Santos <troysantos@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> There was a Korean guy named Han Kyu Cho who (or still is?) head of
      >> Korean Natural Farming Association. He made these fermentations that
      >> he used for all sorts of things. I remember that he had something for
      >> livestock, but I don't remember what it was for and I sure don't know
      >> how to make it. Very interesting book. Google Korean Natural Farming
      >> Association to see what you can find.
      >>
      >> On 17/06/2011, Carol Lake <drtmrpony@...> wrote:
      >> >
      >> > Greetings! I'm looking for information on reducing the smells/flies in a
      >> > deep pack bedding system, specifically for goats. I remember reading
      >> > that
      >> > there was a hog farm in Hawaii that had some success with using some
      >> > type of
      >> > Fukuoka - inspired microbial tp dressing.. does anyone on the list know
      >> > anything about it?
      >> >
      >> > Many thanks!
      >> >
      >> > Carol Lake
      >> > www.dancingdogfarm.com
      >> > NH, USA

    • fujiinn
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 22, 2011
        Can you please provide us with a link to these University of Hawaii resources?

        --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "KevFil" <kevfil@...> wrote:

        > University of Hawaii agriculture department has free info on I.M.O.,how to make,store and use I.M.O.s. This is the input you are looking for.No oders for hog,chicken,goat,etc. by making this and spraying over everything.Everything.Everything.
        >
        > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Troy Santos <troysantos@> wrote:
        > >
        > > There was a Korean guy named Han Kyu Cho who (or still is?) head of
        > > Korean Natural Farming Association. He made these fermentations that
        > > he used for all sorts of things. I remember that he had something for
        > > livestock, but I don't remember what it was for and I sure don't know
        > > how to make it. Very interesting book. Google Korean Natural Farming
        > > Association to see what you can find.
        > >
        > > On 17/06/2011, Carol Lake <drtmrpony@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Greetings! I'm looking for information on reducing the smells/flies in a
        > > > deep pack bedding system, specifically for goats. I remember reading that
        > > > there was a hog farm in Hawaii that had some success with using some type of
        > > > Fukuoka - inspired microbial tp dressing.. does anyone on the list know
        > > > anything about it?
        > > >
        > > > Many thanks!
        > > >
        > > > Carol Lake
        > > > www.dancingdogfarm.com
        > > > NH, USA

      • boiseculturejam
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 23, 2011
          Just in case you didn't know, there is a microbe mix called EM-1, (effective microorganism), developed in Japan, supposedly from microbes that commonly exist in healthy forests around Earth.

          I have grown it (from itself) and used it to try and bring microbial life into clay. I don't know it it worked for sure on that, but I have noticed it definitely speeds up the turning of compost into soil.

          In the manual http://www.agriton.nl/apnanman.html it says you can feed it to livestock, and also use it for cleaning and reducing odor. I hope this helps.

          peace and anarchy,
          brad smith